News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Seth, minus appendix, is back for more in SHARING 454!

Started by Lynx, January 10, 2012, 04:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Quote from: HeatherB on January 16, 2012, 07:53:21 PM
It's apparently euthanasia monday here at the animal hospital. Ugh.

Can I bring some people over?

Heather

No humans Seth. Sheesh.

It's definitely the hardest part of this job. Especially since I'm always the one to go in the room because the Dr's think I'm the best with people....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

SippinTea

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Newsman

Lady Heather! YOu know we love you!

John  :waving:

Quote from: HeatherB on January 16, 2012, 03:16:40 AM
Blah blah blah no one will read or respond anyway blah blah blah at least tomorrow is payday

Chseeads

Tricia Lea

Chseeads

MelodyB

I'm watching Olivia for the whole week! I'm excited.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

taco_harvell

Just got home..... been up since 5 something.....I is tired!!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Melody

Oh Heather, that does not sound lovely at all.  I would need a good cry with Jesus after that.  *hugs*

A righteous man careth for the life of his beast.  Pro 12:10

It's how we all know Sethers really is a kindly nice person. 

----

I accidently posted this in another thread but I wanted to share.

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 16, 2012, 06:14:06 PM
    I had too much fun and coffee yesterday.  We had an older couple over for lunch after church.  You know, those couples that you just want to scoop up and take care of while their grown children are off busy or live far away?  We haven't heard all their stories, they enjoy relaxing and sometimes a casual game, and are full of knowledge.  They are so sweet.

Next week, my Bible study family and then I'm finished formally teaching them.  It'll be time for a new one with someone else.  Our focus for the year at our church is:

Expansion 2012.

ISA 54:1-3
1. Expand your tent - vision
2. Lengthen the cords - relationship building for unity, strength & discipleship
3. Strengthen the stakes - doctrine & discipleship
4. You will expand to right and left (evangelism)
5. Your children will inherit the nations - multicultural revival

Something broke in the spiritual in KC last week during a prayer mtg.  Everyone had stories about God opening doors to witness.  It's crazy!  I'm NOT a small talk person, I hate it, it's so awkward.  Introductions are very uncomfortable for me, just tell me who ya really are, what makes ya tick, and you've got a friend for life. ☺  Too bad it doesn't work like that... LOL

Last Tuesday I was cashing my church cleaning check and the teller said she went to the church across the highway. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OOWl3r_ruY:-?  I asked her about their Thursday thru Sunday church and if they were all reg. services or Bible studies.  She said just services.  Somehow, I don't even know how! that we have a few Filipinos in our church came up.  She is F. also, and she just looked at me,  :o  Like that. I wish I knew what she was thinking.  We talked about Sis.Lettie's eggrolls and how she takes care of her parents now so I have not been to an authentic Filipino party though I've spent time with her family. I mentioned our World Missions conf. and how fun it is.  I didn't invite her to church.  She said she should come visit.  I said, "Yeah!  :)"

I walked away thinking that was amazing.  Then Sunday, I heard a ton more stories.  God's doing something in KC!

Oh and like 5 other people also had to go and buy cars on Saturday.  weird.  I've never had that happen before... lol  Musta been a car demon attacking.   :lol:

Lynx

Howdy y'all.

Ever have a day when you just want to tell someone off, but you know it wouldn't do any good, but you want to anyway? 

Grr... I'd better shut up, go to bed and come back when I'm in a better mood.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

SippinTea

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 17, 2012, 06:19:18 AM
Ever have a day when you just want to tell someone off, but you know it wouldn't do any good, but you want to anyway? 

Yup. I've had quite a few of those lately. I think I've had to bite my tongue more in the last few weeks than in the last number of years. No, I mean seriously.

Ah well. As a wise friend once said "God is good even when people are stupid."

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."

taco_harvell

God is good regardless!

Regardless of my bad days....

Regardless of when I mess up...

Regardless of when I feel like I am falling apart.......

Regardless of when I just can't understand His plan....

Regardless of anything and everything God is good and I will trust Him!

SippinTea

Warning: major attitude ahead...

You know what I'd like to tell some people? "Yes, I'm his second wife. And yes, these are my stepkids. GET. OVER. IT."

*deep breath*

If anyone turns up with their head through sheetrock, I know nothing.

taco_harvell

I would tell them in a more blunt fashion for you if you give me there names numbers. Wouldn't be the first time I have been known to tell people to shut up and get there big nose from were it doesn't belong.

Praying for ya'll sis!

SippinTea

Thanks, Jason. Prayer is good. Not even sure why it's making me so angry and uptight this week. Usually I can handle it with a little more grace. Right now I just want to throw something. As another person once summed it up "I am the grown up woman he chose as a grown up man". Neither of us are teenagers. Or stupid. Or needing all this unasked for advice and rude questions.

Okay, I'm done venting now.

I think.

Maybe I just need sleep. Hopefully things will look easier to face in the morning. That, or I might ask Chris if we can move to Siberia. :bigcheese:

SippinTea

Seriously though... I'm gonna see if I can meet up with a friend for coffee and a chat this week. She's about the only stepmom/second-wife I know that I would trust enough to talk openly with. And right now, hearing advice from someone who is a little further down the path would be a really, really good thing.

Lynx

NOOOOO!  Think of what shipping would be from Siberia to here! 

Sorry... reflex. 

"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 17, 2012, 06:19:18 AM
Howdy y'all.

Once a day, every day, all day long..... :sing:

SippinTea

:lol: Thanks, Isaac.

Speaking of which... I forgot I wouldn't be able to mail your package today. So. I'll get it out either Tuesday or Wednesday. (More likely Wednesday.)

taco_harvell