News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Roscoe, Minnie and Newsman makes three, talk about the meetup in Sharing 453!

Started by Lynx, December 26, 2011, 06:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Nuts. Every one of ya. And I'm back at work today, as well, but much less enthused than mini or isaac... :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

Got a headache. 

Been doing church books.  Not that that's related, excepted for visual and whatever the word is I'm trying to think of regard......not orthopedic but......whatever it's called....ergonomic!  That's it.....

Anyways.  I need to tend what fowl I didn't tend in the dark this morning. 

Then I'll see about venturing to the grocery store....

Not heard from Doc yet.  If I don't I'll have to call in a while and see. 

Roscoe

No, we have a reprieve until february. And this year is just a fiscal session, so no big crowds or controversail laws. In addition its just thirty days long, usually. :thumbsup2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

I'm back at... home.  School starts back up tomorrow.  Perhaps I enjoy my kids being home because I make them help with the housework.  Makes sense right?  I do a ton of extra cooking during break, they help even it out.  I'm brilliant.  :cool:

It's supposed to get to 61° on Friday?!  How awesome is that?  After 3 days of violent cold stinging winds, it's going to be freakishly warm for this time of year.  Didn't last year it get to -30° in January here?  I can't remember when but IA had gotten -50° and I remember being thankful it wasn't THAT cold.

Not much to do today but housework, get some milk, help the kids practice their BQ scriptures.  It's almost quizzing time!

Mel-Mel, guess what?  After 6 months, Nathan is almost done with the R.Alcorn book.  He couldn't read it by itself so it has been his 2nd choice while reading G.Bush's memoir and some other books. He enjoyed it though. 

He wants to read another memoir.  Any suggestions?

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

Praying for Seth and ISG today. Among other people, which may or may not include myself and my family.

Drinking far too much coffee lately. Just sayin'.

Wait. Does that mean I have a drinking problem. Oh dear. :-?

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Chseeads

Chseeads

And thanks, Shrewby. 

Tended fowl....This winter weather is NOT for the birds....blah...

Not heard from Doc yet.  If I don't in a half hour or so I'll call the office and see if I can find out of he's looked at the stuff or not....  I may have to tell him to "JUST LOOK AT IT!"  :P  :hypocrite:

I'm gonna venture to the grocery store shortly I guess...Lord....I may make a small break into Wal-Mart to get some vitamins I am about out of....It's after New Year's, so my moratorium on entering this is up, even though I don't want to.  :P

Lynx

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 03, 2012, 06:10:21 PM
I'm back at... home.  School starts back up tomorrow.  Perhaps I enjoy my kids being home because I make them help with the housework.  Makes sense right?  I do a ton of extra cooking during break, they help even it out.  I'm brilliant.  :cool:

It's supposed to get to 61° on Friday?!  How awesome is that?  After 3 days of violent cold stinging winds, it's going to be freakishly warm for this time of year.  Didn't last year it get to -30° in January here?  I can't remember when but IA had gotten -50° and I remember being thankful it wasn't THAT cold.

Not much to do today but housework, get some milk, help the kids practice their BQ scriptures.  It's almost quizzing time!

Mel-Mel, guess what?  After 6 months, Nathan is almost done with the R.Alcorn book.  He couldn't read it by itself so it has been his 2nd choice while reading G.Bush's memoir and some other books. He enjoyed it though. 

He wants to read another memoir.  Any suggestions?
Here's a site where Grant's memoirs are kept for anyone to read.  http://www.bartleby.com/1011/
There is a popup ad of course, and I have no idea what that ad on the sidebar is - probably one of those online role playing games - but the memoirs themselves are straight.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

Do it Seth!  And if it's in person, give him a skippy stare.  LOL

Hannah and I are making paper snowflakes to hang all over her "new" room. ☺♥

Chseeads

Well, he looked at it.  :smirk2:

His nurse called.  Scheduling surgery sooner rather than later.  Everything looks better than it did before, but there is still appendicitis present.  (It would be removed even if there wasn't for that matter.)

He's putting me back on antibiotics and the nurse will let me know when they schedule me to be hacked up......  :reaction:  I'll probably know that this afternoon still. 

Melody

BTW, juuust in case anyone else would like to try this.  If you mix 2 cups UNsanded grout with whatever kind of 1 gallon of paint, it makes it chalkboard paint. Here's some pictures of things other people did with it.  I will post pictures of Hannah's room when we get the trim on.

Melody

Seth, I'm so sorry you have to deal with all this, and all while trying to run a business.  We're praying for you.

Lynx

Only thing is, it's not as easy to erase that kind of chalk.   :cool:

Where do you get grout?  I've never done anything like that.  A building supply place, next to the bags of concrete or something?
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on January 03, 2012, 05:06:28 PM
I thought you had two cats?
No, only one.  The momma cat never did hang around, and one day got run over in the street.  She never was really mine, so I have always considered myself to have only one cat. 
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Really, Melodya? Hmm... how cool is that? I may have to use this idea on one wall in my kitchen. I was thinking I needed to either hang a corkboard, or a write-on/wipe-off board or something. But if I just painted it... hmmm..... :freaky2: Me likey this idea. :freaky2:

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Melody

Hannah is coloring her walls right now and it's coming off fine.  ☺

I got some at Lowe's, Home Depot would have it too.  In the flooring section.  It's what one would use to tile a shower.  I bought way too much and it was only $10. Sanded grout is for floors usually and UNsanded grout would be for wall tile. Just means it doesn't have sand in it. You want the UNsanded Ruby.

Lynx

In other SHARING news:  If you slow down your music program and play a song, then return speed to normal for playback, it makes you sound a lot better than you really are.  :D  And sometimes it can be essential if you really want to get a song recorded but are not good enough to play it yet.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Quote from: SippinTea on January 03, 2012, 07:47:32 PM
Really, Melodya? Hmm... how cool is that? I may have to use this idea on one wall in my kitchen. I was thinking I needed to either hang a corkboard, or a write-on/wipe-off board or something. But if I just painted it... hmmm..... :freaky2: Me likey this idea. :freaky2:

How fun!  Here are some pictures of people that did just that:

The only thing I wish we would've done for Hannah's room is made it completely smooth.  There was already a slight texture to the wall, which is fine for her coloring but if I ever do it again somewhere else, I'm going to make it smoother.

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 03, 2012, 07:38:13 PM
Seth, I'm so sorry you have to deal with all this, and all while trying to run a business.  We're praying for you.

A bird farm and a church....lol

Surgery is Monday at 11 a.m. 

I had said beginning of week might be better...thinking churchwise, I'd have recovery time...  They said that was fine unless anything happened and I got worse, yadda yadda...  Friday I am supposed to have that interview with that lady again...  I'm thinking she may be bad luck..LOL  But surgery is not Friday, so I can still have that at least I reckon. 

Preop appointment Thursday at 4:15.

Good lord I'm sick of the hospital. lol

Lynx

Most people are sick AT the hospital, not OF it...

You could do what my pastor did with his open heart surgery.  Talk about God to everyone there. 
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Nelle

Think it'd be pretty humorous if you all were on retreat on march 17th. Hahahaha..

I'm feeling more pressure to hurry and tie some loose ends with wedding planning. Flowers to go! Our invites are experiencing a hiccup. Jeremy has to figure out why it's not printing right. Told him that if it doesn't work THIS week, he's gonna have to use his beautiful handwriting and write them out! Hahaha.. :/ He really doesn't want to but he seriously has beautiful handwriting!

So glad we only have a couple of months left. Now my job situation needs to fall into place! In Jesus' name!