News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Roscoe, Minnie and Newsman makes three, talk about the meetup in Sharing 453!

Started by Lynx, December 26, 2011, 06:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IowaSkirtGirl

Is there a plotter program where we can each go put in where we are from? then someone smart could figure out a general place?

:) I'm sore from work and being a little under the weather.

I need to change the plug on the dryer...someone come do it for me?
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Chseeads

Went to church, survived, came home.

Went to church at Sanders, they had church at 1 today since they had a watch service last night.....  Figured I could die there as easy as at home. 

Back home, eating supper or something. 

I don't feel awful, I just don't feel good.....hope I'm not having something bad going on.  But, it didn't feel awful to begin with when I did have something bad going on.  Sometimes being "a rare creature" leaves room for doubt..... 

So I'm basically just sitting around wondering if I'm dying.  :smirk2:

And still having weak and nervous spells. 

IowaSkirtGirl

Seth just make sure you repent and say lots of prayers and if you are dying, you'll be in a better place. Look at the bright side and don't worry so much.

MelB, am I going to have to start reading the forum to you every night? ;)

My mom gave me a simple faux cheesecake recipe that I think I am going to try...it's super simple. 2 bricks cream cheese 3 cups milk and any 2 jello pudding mixes. Blend well and then pour into any pie crust! So simple. You can top it with whip topping or just leave it be. I'm thinking about doing a layered one with two different puddings. Roomie and I are talking about like Mocha and Dark Chocolate...and then make some cappuccino whip topping....hmmm

Heather

I wish my chili wasn't so popular. I never get leftovers  :P

Church was good. Great kickoff for 2012. Plus it's cute when Bro King preaches [his family used to be Amish]. He gets so excited and can't quite figure out how to express it.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on January 01, 2012, 08:33:33 PM
It would be easier for me to make it if it was at petit jean
...says the lady who drives up to Indiana, east TN, hops a flight to Washington, Oklahoma...

Just picking.  I know, I know, the pick on Chel thread is over there.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------>>>

Down to Guatemala, over to Haiti...  :-?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

IowaSkirtGirl

Chseeads

Napped here on this chair and broke my neck.  Woke up and tended the fowl. 

:smirk2:

It's windy as poo.

almondjoy

Quote from: IowaSkirtGirl on January 01, 2012, 08:50:00 PM
Is there a plotter program where we can each go put in where we are from? then someone smart could figure out a general place?

And then I could hitch a ride with skirt girl.  LOL

IowaSkirtGirl

almondjoy

IowaSkirtGirl

almondjoy

It'll be in Des Moines again this year.  I believe it's the 16th and 17th of March.  Not sure of the exact dates, but it's that weekend.

Chseeads

Roscoe

Just for the sake of argument- If we did have the meet at Petit Jean, which I think is a marvelous idea, what time of year would be most convienant for everyone?
June I think is out- car show one week, I think Mini has several church functions that month, and from late june to early September we will cook there... unless we were to make it the first week in June.
Right now, I am tentativly making plans for a weekend type trip in rusty with another car nut in late may....but that could change. Weather will probably be nicest in late April through early June, then again September- October.

I'd really love it if we get enough folks to do this. I might even tak Bro Papa into smoking up some of his bbq for a meal or two... :fork:
And we are fairly centrally located, I think, for most of us. And Petit Jean has some awesome trails to walk if we get energetic....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

March is good.  I think mid- or late-March.  Springtime, nothing major planned except St. Patrick's day, Easter still on the horizon.  Go Friday whenever you get there (Roscoe, being closer, would be in charge of getting there first in the morning to hold down the fort for other arrivals,) hang out until Saturday mid-afternoon or so (giving me time to hotfoot it back in time to get some sleep before typing the bulletin and driving the church bus Sunday.)

How much for two cabins?  One for guys and one for girls.  And how many guys can fit in one of those cabins, how big are they?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Lord. I ain't got a clue. I've never rented one, living within twenty miles or so of there. Worse case scenario, we could rent campsites. Everyone would be welcome of course to come out to the house for showers, ect. And there also is a little motel on the mountain that we might be able to rent three or four rooms if the cabins are cost prohibitative....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

If Taco and his wife can get down to where I am, it would save gas if they rode with me the rest of the way.  I have a minivan.  Of course there is something psychologically good about having your own car with you, not having to depend on someone else for transport...

Roscoe, as you are closest, could you make a call and see how big and what price those cabins are?  It's long distance for me.  :D  No rush though, we got at least two months to plan even if we do have it in March.

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 02, 2012, 03:04:49 AM
If Taco and his wife can get down to where I am, it would save gas if they rode with me the rest of the way.  I have a minivan.  Of course there is something psychologically good about having your own car with you, not having to depend on someone else for transport...

Roscoe, as you are closest, could you make a call and see how big and what price those cabins are?  It's long distance for me.  :D  No rush though, we got at least two months to plan even if we do have it in March.
Yeah, I'll try to stumble by there friday and get the price and particulars on the cabins, as well as the motel........

The Purple Fuzzy

When we rented a cabin, it had two bedrooms and a big living room.  It would sleep 6 or more.  It was quite a few years ago and I think it was about $150 a night back then, but not sure.

Lynx

Bet it would sleep a lot more with an air mattress or two in the big living room. 
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Newsman

Possible. I'm looking at making a trip to Lumberton MS in March the week of March 11-18th. I might leave early enough from MS to get to this Petit Jean? on Friday..I plan on arranging off that Sunday the 18th from local church duties. If it was a later weekend in March, I might also swing it, if it were wrapping up late Saturday. I could try other dates later in the year as well

How far is this from Ft. Smith?

John  :waving:

Lynx

Well there ya go.  Perfect timing for Newsman, middle of March.  :)

Hideaway?  What's that?
"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

A hideaway (bed) is like a couch that folds out into a bed, IIRC.

John  :waving: