News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Roscoe, Minnie and Newsman makes three, talk about the meetup in Sharing 453!

Started by Lynx, December 26, 2011, 06:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 04, 2012, 05:44:47 PM
I think I need a haircut.  This has nothing to do with anyone else here, just SHARING. 

In other SHARING news:  First night back at work, I got some bad news.  Due to problems on 1st shift, the new factory rule is no sound systems with outlying speakers.  This unfortunately affects me, because I had two sets of speakers, one at each of the furnace lines I have to cover, connected to one audio plug that I could plug my music player into.  My speakers aren't big, and the reason I set them up like that is so I could listen to my music at both stations without turning it up so loud that it blasted across the whole factory.  But my setup qualified, even though the boss admitted they were small speakers and I never turned them up too loud. 

What's so bad about that?  If you knew me and my music, you wouldn't have to ask.

So on lunch break I went down to the Dollar Store and got some t-shirts with a pocket in the front.  They are a perfect snug fit for this:   http://www.amazon.com/Altec-Lansing-iM227-Orbit-Speaker/dp/B004CYKEBK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325698979&sr=8-1
I tested the concept half the night last night and it works fine.  Now let's see what the boss says when he sees it.
Can't you just wear ear buds or something?

Lynx

Don't I wish!  That was actually what people used when I first started there, and that was the first time (of many) that they changed the rules - no headphones or earbuds.  My boss agrees with me that the best solution all around is to have one earbud in for music, one out to keep an ear in reality.  I could have my music, I'd still be able to hear when the forklift was coming, and I could keep my music to myself.  But the boss, in his words, "can't get it past the safety nazis." 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

Heather.... *laughs and shakes her head* .... Methinks you've been hanging out with Cheesy too much lately. That wisecrack sounded like something HE would say. ;)

Isaac, I got the fabric for your sound board cover today. There's one large-ish order ahead of you, technically, but she's not in a hurry so I may just work on them both simultaneously. Yours is much more straight-forward, and I may keep some sanity that way. *lol*

*randomly hugs Mel for random reasons*

*pets the Purple Fuzzy and squeezes her tight*

Crazy day today. No, I mean genuinely crazy. But that's okay. Since I'm crazy, I do crazy days a lot. :updown: It's all good. :jumping:

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

IowaSkirtGirl

woke up late. fell down the stairs. got to work late. my favorite cow ignored me. i had to fix three peoples mistakes. went to mommys and had sketti.( that was the high point of my day) came home. got a text message that made me cry. cried longer. listened to some music. straightened my hair. leaving for church in 40 minutes give or take. I'll probably cry while I'm there. I guess today makes up for yesterday.

I feel like if I post why I was crying it will make it too real..and I'm already crying again...My bf decided he would be better off with out me. I guess I should have listened to everyone... :frustrated: :wah2:

I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Heather

*HUG ISG*

Brandon is super sick. His is a sinus infection gone wild. Boys are such babies when they sick. But at the same time I feel horribly helpless :(
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

IowaSkirtGirl

Thanks APG. *sigh*

Church was helpful...even if I did cry ALL the way through song service....

Why am I not worried about crying..but I am still having issues praying out loud...Why do we pray out loud? can't God hear my thoughts?

Sinus anything is no fun! Praying he gets all better soon!

Roscoe

:waving: Back from church, which went well. And yesterday, I finally got my Brother Daniel Ballinger Cd I ordered sometime ago. Man- it's awesome, in my opinion. And tomorrow's my friday. I may whup this week yet....
And ISG- even though it hurts, this could be the best thing that happens to you. Maybe, just maybe, God saw that this man was going to draw you away from Him and saw fit to move him out of your life to keep from losing you. God is merciful enough to help deliver us from situations that aren't good for us, but we lack the strength to remove ourselves from.
Some of the most painful things I have gone through were, in retrospect, the best things that could've happened for my walk with God. They forced me to draw closer to God, and as a result, made me more like Him.
And looking back- everything I "lost"- God replaced with much better. I'll never forget watching the girl I was head over heels for marry a friend of mine. I knew I'd never have happiness again, and I'd never have another relationship like that again.
Now, ten years later- she's divorced and backslidden, with two out of wedlock children and has been deep into drugs. My friend's walk with God was destroyed and he's backslidden- not entirely her, I'm sure, but it didn't help.
And me- God gave me the most wonderful, beautiful, Godly woman alive to be my helpmeet, and a beautiful baby girl. If I'd had things my way, I'd probably be in prison right now instead of coming home from standing in a pulpit.
Keep your chin up, kiddo, we're praying and pulling for you.

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

almondjoy

It's been a long day, although I am glad to be back to work again.  Think I'm gonna have to find a part time job for the summer.  3 months is a LONG time to not be doing anything.

Chseeads

Went to church at Bro. Weir's.  Stood around yacking afterwards.  Came home. 

IowaSkirtGirl

I was LOST...not just a little lost..but a LOT lost...I had forgotten that I am supposed to be living for God...

Church tonight was good...GREAT...it was good to be there....

SippinTea

*great big hugs* to ISG

Bob, that was a fabulous post. I think it should be preserved for posterity. Or printed and framed. Or something.

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Quote from: SippinTea on January 04, 2012, 10:43:44 PM
Heather.... *laughs and shakes her head* .... Methinks you've been hanging out with Cheesy too much lately. That wisecrack sounded like something HE would say. ;)

Isaac, I got the fabric for your sound board cover today. There's one large-ish order ahead of you, technically, but she's not in a hurry so I may just work on them both simultaneously. Yours is much more straight-forward, and I may keep some sanity that way. *lol*

*randomly hugs Mel for random reasons*

*pets the Purple Fuzzy and squeezes her tight*

Crazy day today. No, I mean genuinely crazy. But that's okay. Since I'm crazy, I do crazy days a lot. :updown: It's all good. :jumping:

HEIGHT, I forgot to measure total height!  Sorry, I'll get that on my way to work tomorrow.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

sunlight

Quote from: IowaSkirtGirl on January 05, 2012, 03:19:26 AM
Thanks APG. *sigh*

Why am I not worried about crying..but I am still having issues praying out loud...Why do we pray out loud? can't God hear my thoughts?

I have a hard time with the same thing... let me know when you find an answer...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Melody

Sethers, what will they do on your prep appt today?  Do they make u fast?

I think I got spoiled over Christmas break cause I want to just curl back up & go to bed. 

Roscoe

Morning,all. Haven't y'all been just a bunch of chatterboxes since I was here last night? :smirk2:
Quote from: SippinTea on January 05, 2012, 04:56:55 AM
*great big hugs* to ISG

Bob, that was a fabulous post. I think it should be preserved for posterity. Or printed and framed. Or something.

Thanks, wooby. If I can help someone else get through a trial by encouraging them, I have no problem telling them my meager stories. Sometimes it helps knowing someone has already been there, done that, at least it does me...
Quote from: sunlight on January 05, 2012, 10:34:19 AM

I have a hard time with the same thing... let me know when you find an answer...
You ladies aren't alone... I know this would probably surprise most of you, but I am actually kinda reserved in church and crowded situations, and I don't tend to pray loudly, or dance and shout a lot. Most of the time, if God is moving that strong, I'm in a back corner crying my eyes out and talking to God. Just my way of worship I guess.......
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Not feeling so well this morning. Didn't feel good yesterday either. Poor Jeremy is having the same issues. I think we've got a case of "ate too much weird random food" and we're paying for it now! I'm so ready to get back to "normal."

Stress isn't helping, but as long as it doesn't kill me, I guess I'll live. :)

ISG: Sorry that you have to experience that. Aren't we all glad that our God is stronger, greater, sees us right where we are, and can pick us up in a moment! It's amazing what His presence can do for us!

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

You know- I love fast cars.....and temptation is often more than I can bear... :laughhard:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6a5p4KxvujQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 05, 2012, 12:30:13 PM
Sethers, what will they do on your prep appt today?  Do they make u fast?

I think I got spoiled over Christmas break cause I want to just curl back up & go to bed. 

I don't know what all, paperwork....tests to make sure you're not gonna die or something, I dunno.  Don't have to fast for that, but you do for the surgery.  So I will have to make sure they understand that I don't want them to lay there and let me die of a hypoglycemic coma being there all day....  :P  And that they don't pump me full of medication that will make me croak.

Chseeads

Quote from: sunlight on January 05, 2012, 10:34:19 AM
Quote from: IowaSkirtGirl on January 05, 2012, 03:19:26 AM
Thanks APG. *sigh*

He made your mouth to use the same as He made your mind....  Just depends on the situation.

Lynx

Bleh.

I stayed up late arguing with a computer I'm trying to de-virus for a coworker.  He said just wipe everything out and reinstall.  Two bad newses:  This is Vista (BLECH!) and it has no recovery partition.  One good news:  It's not as bad as he said it was and I can probably fix it. 

In the meantime, since I got to sleep late and my stupid body gets in the habit of getting up at a certain time, I am now up and running with less than my normal amount of sleep.  Oh well, there's always caffeine...
"Do you sing at church?"