News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Loquacity pwns brevity in SHARING 470

Started by Lynx, October 06, 2012, 04:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

Quote from: MelodyB on October 16, 2012, 10:25:48 PM
Lasagna is almost ready. Garlic bread going in now.
wait... She spelled it right!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Quote from: sunlight on October 17, 2012, 10:39:35 AM
Quote from: MelodyB on October 16, 2012, 10:25:48 PM
Lasagna is almost ready. Garlic bread going in now.
wait... She spelled it right!

My phone spells it for me these days. ;)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

kkay

Having a somewhat good day so far. Friday should be fun. Get to dress up and eat a lot here at work :)

Gotta figure things out. He's doing better at least. Just gotta hope and pray something works itself out.

I was mucho depressed yesterday but then he made me feel a little better. Finished reading Proverbs this morning :) Gonna make that part of my morning routine instead of just here and there. Gonna be like my mama  ;)

Heather

Was asked last night if I would step in and play one of my dream roles in one of my favorite stage plays. I'm glad I had the clarity to decline. I have way too much on my plate currently  to take on rehearsal schedules and the stress of putting on a production. Also I won't halt our progress on the house and my light at the end of the tunnel for moving out. Much less the fact of Brandon's church attendance and the progress I'm seeing in him as far at God is concerned. I will completely admit it breaks my heart a little but if its meant for me to play it then it'll come around again.

In other news I'm at work and so far don't want to kill anyone.....yet......
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Back at work. Gotta preach tonight. A bit stressed but God is good. Ready for the weekend  although twill be a blur. We've got a huge anniversary service- church's 37th, 27th pastoral anni- and I've gotta try to get the church yard looking decent, prepare for Saturday  and Sunday. Looking forward  to seeing some men of God I love dearly and rarely see, one of whom is Brother John Proctor  who never fails to preach at me personally......
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Its your lucky day, Roscoe! I went to smite you, and since you had 76 smited and only 75 blessings, I decided to bless you instead...just to make it even.

:hypocrite:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on October 17, 2012, 03:03:59 PM
Its your lucky day, Roscoe! I went to smite you, and since you had 76 smited and only 75 blessings, I decided to bless you instead...just to make it even.

and I evened it back out with a smite to 77/77
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 17, 2012, 03:23:42 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on October 17, 2012, 03:03:59 PM

and I evened it back out with a smite to 77/77
:pound:

In the words of esau- "bless me,even me"
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

kkay

Melody

Brotha, I keep trying to help you out but the computer says karma isn't allowing it...

SippinTea

:hypocrite: And now he's even MORE uneven. But I know nothing at all about that, of course. :hypocrite:

Cheese - Pleasant Andy was from the nuthouse, right? It's been a while since you've mentioned him, and I am getting old and forgetful.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on October 17, 2012, 04:12:24 PM
Brotha, I keep trying to help you out but the computer says karma isn't allowing it...
Karma bites!

kkay

Almost forgot! I was doing something last night and, out of nowhere, he said "Why don't you pray about this?" So we prayed together. He said I might think it's dumb to do but I told him anytime he wants to pray about something it's not dumb and I'm not gonna argue.

:sing: I believe a change is gonna come

Melody

I'm thankful for GP.  It's a happy break(s) in my day.

Working on unpacking in the garage.  I have this problem.

I have too much stuff.

I got one of those deep and long tubs for my extra kitchen stuff.  Yeah, it's overflowing. I don't need that much stuff. I have a big garbage bag full of things to give to the GoodWill already. One thing about living somewhere with very distinct seasons is that there is equipment that I only use parts of the year.  Cheap plastic trays, popsicle cups, picnicware, is all summer and I won't use it till then.  Winter stuff like sleds, coats & accessories, shovels, fort tools, all have to be handy. 

Anyone want to come over and take of it for me?  I'll make you pie! 

Lynx

Got any music?  :D  CDs, records, cassettes, whatever, if it's christian or classical I'll take it. 

Oh and... what kind of pie?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

kkay

Does it matter what kind of pie it is? :)

Melody

I can make any kind of pie, I'm sure. 

I do not have music, sorry Isaac.  I do have cassette tapes upon tapes of preaching and lesson things that we probably ALL have from back in the day.  It's like throwing away a Bible, ya just can't do it.

SippinTea

Quote from: MellowYellow on October 17, 2012, 08:01:50 PM
I do have cassette tapes upon tapes of preaching and lesson things that we probably ALL have from back in the day.  It's like throwing away a Bible, ya just can't do it.

Yeah. That. I have quite a number of old cassettes I just can't bring myself to get rid of, even though I never listen to them anymore.

Fixing chili tonight. Hoping my honey will volunteer to make some cornbread, too, when he gets home from work. His cornbread ALWAYS turns out better than mine. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

Yes, Pleasant Andy is from the Nuthouse. 

After lunch with him I shopped for this that and the other...bleh.....  I finally got some shoes.  It was a good thing I did, cause it rained...right before I got them but I managed to get out of one store and into the next with just a few small wet spots on my socks... :roll:  Then it rained like crazy while I was in there, and I put on a pair of the shoes before I went to the car.  :smirk2: 

Anyways.... I'm home and eating and need to tend fowl, yadda yadda.....   Lands.

MelodyB

Melody

Roscoe

Morning!  :hi: It's my friday. :bouncy:

Last night was awesome. I had fretted about not seeming to have enough notes and words to express the thought God had laid on my heart, and I'm the type person that if I don't have my notes, I'm lost.....I had decided that thank God Bro Papa would be there, and he ALWAYS has something to add, so I'd be good. Then Sis Papa walked in and informed me that the pastor was sick as a dog and was currently alternating between his recliner and another more private room of his house- frequently. Pure panic set in...
Then as the worship began, a sweet spirit of the Holy Ghost settled in, and God showed out. He put words in my mouth and the church responded. Not a single pew had someone sitting in it not worshipping. It was awesome.
And come time for the preaching, the sermon tied in perfectly, and was, according to some, just what was needed. God is great!

***Oh, and just so I don't come across as TOO spiritual this morning-*Roscoe kicks Mel and smites both her and the HippyChick*  :P

Chseeads

Well. 

That's about all I have to say about that.