News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Loquacity pwns brevity in SHARING 470

Started by Lynx, October 06, 2012, 04:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Quit eating the beans. Then at least the gas smell will go away.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 18, 2012, 05:31:37 PM
Roscoe what is the objective of these rallies?  Are they trying to get the attention of the congressmen inside?  Increase public awareness of their issue?  Or are they holding it to reinforce to all their supporters that "you are not alone, there are a bunch of us who think the same cause is important"?

If it's for the first two, don't the congressmen and local public just look at it and think, "Yeah, yeah, another rally"?
I think it is more to get their cause out in public for the voters. If you hold a "rally" at the State Capitol, even if there is only a handful of people that show up, you are guarunteed to get airtime on the local t.v. news. This means you get to make probably three quarters of the registered voters aware of your cause, and it will probably get a mention in the state paper too... All about publicity.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

I, myself, am thinking about holding a rally for the benefit of legislation that I am going to get a retired trooper friend who is now a state representative to sponser. It will provide a state law that any donut shop MUST give every cop in the state a free donut on demand, and in return, all cops will provided security for the shop as long as the "fresh and hot" sign is on. It will be the "Occupy Shipley's" movement, and doubtless will spread nationwide.  :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I thought the "Fresh and hot" sign was tied up legally by Krispy Kreme.  Are they gonna sue Shipley's?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 19, 2012, 01:18:54 AM
I thought the "Fresh and hot" sign was tied up legally by Krispy Kreme.  Are they gonna sue Shipley's?
State law will require Krispy Kreme to relinquish rights to the sign due to Shipley's having superior donuts.  :P

MelodyB

Krispy Kreme is "Hot Now".

They don't claim to be fresh. Lol

I'm about to make some tomato soup and grilled cheese. My oatmeal I ate at 3 this afternoon has worn off.

Roscoe

Y'all need to speak up and talk more. You is boring me...

MelodyB

Chseeads

w2cch.

* Chseeads bores Roscoe upside the head.  :pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

Was there anything in that hole you bored in his head or was it just empty?

Lynx

Had to wait till this thread got to page 20, but someone else finally started a new thread.  Back in the day (a few months ago) someone would be starting a new thread when the old one got to page 18 or so. :P
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

taco_harvell

I have a seriously important prayer request. I usually have to work over on Fridays if a truck comes, but I need to be off by FIVE today!!
Men's Retreat is this weekend and my only ride leaves at 5:30. I need and want to be there. Please help me pray there is no obstacle to my getting off work on time. Thanks folks!!

In other news I am not a real Newsboys fan. lol I already knew this last night just confirmed it for me.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

Roscoe

MelodyB

Jason, was it the Gods not dead tour? Cause if so, they are in Lucedale tomorrow night. That's where Kimber lives. Lol

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 19, 2012, 03:25:27 PM
Oh good, now I can go stalk her.   :roll:
:laughhard: You'll have no problems with that. She'll be looking for a black guy if your name comes up.  :P

Lynx

True.  What concerns me is Melody also knows where I live, and might let it slip. 
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Im depressed.  Roscoe has quit texting me.  I do not know what I did, but I am sure its his fault.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Hey Mr. Kaufman... er, minnesota, you got in trouble with the law in the other thread.  Better go 'fess up.   :freaky2:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Actually I am at the library and can't use the phone. Will text soon....I promise.

mini

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 19, 2012, 04:15:55 PM
Hey Mr. Kaufman... er, minnesota, you got in trouble with the law in the other thread.  Better go 'fess up.   :freaky2:

I did.  Made sure all sins were confessed when committed.  Or shortly thereafter.

Quote from: Roscoe on October 19, 2012, 04:18:52 PM
Actually I am at the library and can't use the phone. Will text soon....I promise.

No.  I know your vile ways.  It will be a picture of a BBQ Frito Pie.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Hum...is it a sin if you to confess your sins before you sin?  Preemptive strike on sinning.... :ulgy:

Lynx

Well I hear in one religion you can purchase "indulgences."  If you know you're going to transgress you can pay the church beforehand.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini