Loquacity pwns brevity in SHARING 470

Started by Lynx, October 06, 2012, 04:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Favorite flower, but not your favorite plant.  :freaky2:

I took a nap. 

Successfully not accomplishing anything that I needed to.... :smirk2: 

Melody

I can smell the cigarette smoke from the neighbor in the other half of the duplex.  He's a single guy with apparently 45 friends over today.

All the more reason to accomplish our goals!

And oh my goodness.  I am so very thankful for a pastor!  You know how you read the Word, and God speaks to you, works on you, it's such a beautiful wondrous thing, and yet the accountability and inspiration that a pastor brings is priceless.  My pastor preached his heart right out and I felt like it was right to me.  Yep, I already knew the subject, but there was a timely Word in it for me today.  I'm so thankful.  I literally sat there feeling the drawing of God to fast more and dig deeper in the Word.  I feel like I am already a bit tenacious but I felt a booster shot of it today.

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on October 15, 2012, 02:14:55 AM
I can smell the cigarette smoke from the neighbor in the other half of the duplex.  He's a single guy with apparently 45 friends over today.

Are you sure it wasn't one of those Chinese medicine smoker things?  I thought it was cigarette smoke wafting in from somewhere at the Asian lady's house the other day till she pointed out the fact that there was smoke rising from the back of her neck.  :P

Melody

:pound:

Well, I don't really know what that is all about.  I don't know much about eastern stuff apart from going to a chiropractor to get adjusted.  Had I seen that though and had a drink in hand, I probably would have dumped it on her to put the suspected fire out.   :hypocrite:

Chseeads

I didn't see the smoke until she pointed it out, because she thought maybe I had seen it and wondered what in the world was going on...lol  I only kept getting a choking, overwhelming waft of smoke stench hitting me and wondering where it was from. lol 

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Morning, all.  :waving: Meller Yellow's comment about putting out the fire caused me to soil my uniform shirt with coffee... :pound:

And in other sharing- I was sick as a dog yesterday. Went to church and taught a truly pitiful Sunday School lesson because our usual teacher was out of town. The lesson was a tad deep for me on my best day and yesterday was NOT my best day. We went home immediatly following, without hearing the preaching, and I took some Pentecostal Sippin' Whiskey ( Nyquil) and crashed. Woke up feeling much better...
And I have a praise report. Walmart had severly cut Lou's hours down to just a couple days a week, and those were weird hours. Didn't know how we were gonna make it. Lou was worried sick....I was too, but I tried not to let it show. I just told her God would provide.
She went in a while ago and texted me.....They had modified the schedule, gave her 40 hours AND for the most part gave her the normal 6am to 3pm shift she has had for years. God made a way once again..... :clap:
Isaiah 43:19 " Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert."
This has became my favorite scripture/promise for the last week or so.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

I still contend that Wal-Mart is the lair of the Devil.

Melody

I shall just mask the smell of the neighbor's smoke with the aroma of BACON. 

I'm off to start cleaning the old place and be there while the furnace man attempts to fix it.  Nathan's parents are coming through this evening so we are hosting them. 

Tomorrow I clean the church, although only half this week since the carpets are getting cleaned!!   :clap:  Prayer mtg tomorrow night.

Wednesday: pre-cook some things and ready this house for hosting a lady for our conference. 

Thursday, clean the church. 

Friday -Sunday: conference/hosting. 

I'm penciling in a nap for next Monday... after I've cleaned the church. 

I feel like taking everything in the garage to the Goodwill just so I don't have to unpack it... LOL

Melody

OH!  And it hasn't really gotten all that cold this week, even the pouring rain on Saturday while we moved.  The old place, 70° on the thermostat would keep the house barely uncold, WITH keeping the fireplace going once the outside temp got down to 40°.  However, 65° here is too warm.  Thank you Jesus.  I won't miss the large utility bills.

Chseeads

It's that guy next door's cigarettes heating it up. :P

MelodyB

I will be SOOOO thankful to be in a place again (when we move) that has two bathrooms! That way dad can stop it up to his hearts content and the rest of us will still have a place to go. UGH.

I have been three times durning the night to the foyer restroom, in my sweatpants, like a heathen. :smirk2: This last time, Pastor was in ther foyer praying...most likely for my hellbound soul. But when you can't use the bathroom in your own dwelling place cause your dad continually stops it up, then what are you supposed to do?

Ugh.

I know...maybe too much sharing this morning. But this is ALL THE TIME this happens and I'm just a tad frustrated.

:flush:

Anyway! I'm gonna make beef stew tonight. Gotta go to the store and get some meat in a bit. It's gonna be GOOD!

Melody

That's crazy Mel!  It's not normal to be clogging toilets all the time!  Does he know THAT?!   I would be having a cow.  You are so patient.

kkay

Feeling kind of blah today. Nothing really wrong (except the usual) but still feeling a little down.

I'm soooooo tired. Last night I was feeling really stuffy and had a huge headache. We finished one thing though. Now to just finish everything else.

MelodyB

It's the pain meds he takes. I don't want to be vulgar, but it makes things very very hard and where it WILL NOT dissolve. No plunging, no kind of toliet treatment will help. Sometimes it's days before it will move. By that time, he likely has to go again. It's a CONSTANT battle. And patience? I have no choice...if I say anything, he gets MAD and screams and yells. It's really not his fault. It's the meds. And he has to take them to function. So what can I do?

I use the other restrooms and I vent here. Lol

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

sunlight

They need to make a pain med with a built in laxative...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

MsJennJenn

Melbs can he take a stool softener with the medication?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

He does. Lol we discussed it this morning...he's taking double the recommended dosage. Been on those for about two weeks, still doesn't help.

*shrug*

It's just something we have to deal with.

Heather

Work woes as per usual. Nothing to do but shake my head.

I banged my elbow yesterday and its KILLING me today. UGH!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

MelB have you tried those newfangled accordion plungers?  We have one and it works great.  Had to plunge the toilet the other day and a guy three doors down called us up - "Hey thanks, what kind of plunger was that?"  :biglaugh:  Okay, seriously... they do work well. 

In other news, my pastor is getting a pacemaker Tuesday.  This leaves a big hole Wednesday because he drives the church bus.  I'd drive it but I work second shift.  All the people who would be willing to do it are already doing a lot, and the people who aren't doing anything wouldn't be willing to do this either.   :-\

He also preaches at the nursing home on Wednesday morning, which the activities director there asked me to cover this week.  What can a comparative kid say to people twice his age that they've never heard before? 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Just TALK REAL LOUD ABOUT JESUS so they can hear, and it'll be alright.  :smirk2:

And my, sharing is lovely today.

And it's Monday....  A lightbulb in a brooder BLEW UP while ago.  :yikes:  Good grief.

Gonna clean up and go to the funeral.