News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Roscoe's on duty, better toe the line, in Sharing 469

Started by Lynx, September 24, 2012, 01:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Since i wasn't here your first round of being here.....we are pretty relaxed here.lol. And we expect dear Seth to complain and use words :like that. For once though he WASN'T talking about me. :lol:
For what it's worth, if it bothers you I shall refrain from calling  Seth a birdbrain and a nutcase.   :hypocrite::hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 04, 2012, 03:56:27 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on October 04, 2012, 03:03:47 PM
Fall is in full death. (spring blooms, summer swings & idk seems like autumn dies?) I'm cold.
Yeah, ain't it great?!  Grass finally quits growing, I finally get to quit mowing, and - to quote a famous cartoon character - "Bugs are dying by the truckload!  Bwahahaha!  Good riddance to them all!"

I like fall.  :D

I don't dislike Autumn, I just couldn't figure out how to verbalize it.  I am cold though.  Tomorrow is a high of 54° and I don't complain about summer so that I can about winter.   :hypocrite: 

LOL  @ Sean Ringo. 

taco_harvell

Quote from: MellowYellow on October 04, 2012, 04:45:12 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 04, 2012, 03:56:27 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on October 04, 2012, 03:03:47 PM
Fall is in full death. (spring blooms, summer swings & idk seems like autumn dies?) I'm cold.
Yeah, ain't it great?!  Grass finally quits growing, I finally get to quit mowing, and - to quote a famous cartoon character - "Bugs are dying by the truckload!  Bwahahaha!  Good riddance to them all!"

I like fall.  :D

I don't dislike Autumn, I just couldn't figure out how to verbalize it.  I am cold though.  Tomorrow is a high of 54° and I don't complain about summer so that I can about winter.   :hypocrite: 

LOL  @ Sean Ringo. 

Fall and Winter are the two best seasons!! I see summer just as a reminder that I want to go to Heaven. lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

angel

Well, those names are fine if he doesn't mind it, but dumb is just unexceptable.  :nono: LOL

Anyway I just popped my head in here to make sure the rapture hasn't happened yet today.  :hypocrite:

Goodday everyone. BTW what is this blessing meter about?
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

kkay

I think there have been 3 of us now that "backslid" from GP and are now back :hypocrite:

The blessing meter thing is something where people can either make you happy or make you sad for the day ;)

They either "bless" you for being good or "smite" you for saying things like "dummy"  :cool:

Heather

Then please don't read anything I post about work....or my family.....or you just may want to skip my posts all together....

I got to work today and was talking about drama at home and one of the ladies I work with (whom I love but hate working with) gave me a few dollars to buy lunch today. I guess we'll take it 1 meal at a time.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

ladyshep, about the blessing/smite meter:
On most forums it is a way for visitors to tell at a glance whether they can trust what someone is saying.  Members of the forum vote blessing/smite on a post, and it accrues to the member's total. 

On this forum... well, let's just say some people get smite happy.  Like Seth and Jen. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

angel

Oh! So I didn't even have to say that remark I made. I could have smitten his post? How do you do that?

SippinTea

Quote from: taco_harvell on October 04, 2012, 04:47:39 PM
Fall and Winter are the two best seasons!! I see summer just as a reminder that I want to go to Heaven. lol

Precisely! :bigcheese:

Heather - Yay for lunch! I guess this is where "give us this day our daily bread" comes in. *wry grin* Sometimes I'm not so great at the trust thing.

Smiting/blessing.... uhhh.... someplace it might mean something. Here on loony ol' GP... well... it's kinda the same thing as a "poke" on Facebook.  :lol:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

Quote from: ladyshep on October 04, 2012, 05:10:40 PM
Oh! So I didn't even have to say that remark I made. I could have smitten his post? How do you do that?
You actually "smite" him. If you promise to ONLY  smite Seth and not me, I'll help you.  :freaky2:

Look under his name/avatar. You'll see "bless" and "smite". Click on "smite". Seth will then be smitten. You can smite him once an hour. You must immediatly go "bless" Roscoe after every Seth smiting.  :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

angel

Hahaha  :lol: But I must not have enough post status to bless or smite anyone. I don't see a button.

Roscoe

Quote from: ladyshep on October 04, 2012, 05:38:12 PM
Hahaha  :lol: But I must not have enough post status to bless or smite anyone. I don't see a button.
Huh. Don't know. It's written under every users name for me....it just won't let me bless myself, drat it.

SippinTea

Maybe it only shows up in certain themes?? *confused*

Roscoe

Quote from: SippinTea on October 04, 2012, 05:43:36 PM
Maybe it only shows up in certain themes?? *confused*

Well...I'm using that "Bright Forrest" green, for what it's worth.

SippinTea

Me too.

Wait. :o

I'm using the same theme as YOU?!?! :o

MelodyB

And me and Seth and Kimber. Bright Forrest is the way to go.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

The other themes I tried didn't have the options that I wanted.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Okay, fine, why are people so ignorant and unlearned?

:|

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 04, 2012, 07:30:21 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 04, 2012, 07:28:29 PM

Such as?
I can't remember at the moment.  I just know when the board revamped, I tried lots of them and had to go to Bright Forest but can't remember exactly why.

SippinTea

Funny. I did the same thing, but now can't remember specifics, either. *lol*

taco_harvell

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 04, 2012, 09:30:05 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 04, 2012, 07:30:21 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 04, 2012, 07:28:29 PM

Such as?
I can't remember at the moment.  I just know when the board revamped, I tried lots of them and had to go to Bright Forest but can't remember exactly why.
I don't like the bright forest but it seems to be the only theme working completely. Every other theme had functional issues that drove me crazy.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/