News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Inez Can't Wait Till Sharing 468!

Started by Chseeads, September 07, 2012, 02:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

*grin* I'll see what I can do. Since the offense obviously is a very, very small one *ahem* I'll see if I can manage to send you a nickel.

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Roscoe

Quote from: SippinTea on September 18, 2012, 06:40:46 PM
*grin* I'll see what I can do. Since the offense obviously is a very, very small one *ahem* I'll see if I can manage to send you a nickel.

A small offense?!? I think not. You need a truckload- of hundred dollar bills.  :laughhard:
:hypocrite:
Elona, you and Jason must share when she sends that... :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."

Lynx

Quote from: RainbowJingles on September 18, 2012, 06:35:28 PM
Disliking southern gospel music is kind of okay...  as long as you find it in  your heart to like Janet Paschal, Gordon Mote, Guy Penrod, Vestal Goodman (in small quantities), The Martins (in even smaller quanitities), The Crabb Family, the occasional song from The Hoppers (hold the jokes, y'all; that's their name), Mark Lowry, Gold City, and especially the Gaither Homecoming Concerts.  *nod*  I think we can still be friends.
All of those are in my music collection.  But you left out a few...  No Paynes? 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 18, 2012, 07:23:13 PM
Quote from: RainbowJingles on September 18, 2012, 06:35:28 PM
Disliking southern gospel music is kind of okay...  as long as you find it in  your heart to like Janet Paschal, Gordon Mote, Guy Penrod, Vestal Goodman (in small quantities), The Martins (in even smaller quanitities), The Crabb Family, the occasional song from The Hoppers (hold the jokes, y'all; that's their name), Mark Lowry, Gold City, and especially the Gaither Homecoming Concerts.  *nod*  I think we can still be friends.
All of those are in my music collection.  But you left out a few...  No Paynes?
She also left out what is, in my opinion, the best group to ever pick up a mic to sing gospel music- The Hinsons. How do you leave out the Hinsons?  :o :o
"Two Winning Hands" "Call Me Gone", "The Lighthouse"... Man. I miss Kenny Hinson. :sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

You know what I find astounding? Not one of you has even mentioned The Florida Boys or The Cathedrals? What's up with THAT?!? :o

Newsman

Isaac, Robert, Jason and Elona, Seth and anyione else I missed while skimming posts that like southern Gospel, I have a fair-sized batch of cd's, mostly multi-artist compilation discs sent out by labels to get their artists some air time, that I can distribjute around. At least a small minority are one or two artists.

The first two I grabbed for writing this is a CD from Nat Stuickey and Connie Smith, 'God Will' and some group called '68 Session' just for examples.

If y'all will PM me a mailing address, I'll send several out to each of you. And I'll keep the addresses, and send the occasional extra I get out, as our general manager told me he can keep them for me.

Happy listening!

John  :waving:

Lynx

Yes I have Hinsons, Cathedrals and etc.  Newsman's groups I've never heard of though.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: SippinTea on September 18, 2012, 07:41:07 PM
You know what I find astounding? Not one of you has even mentioned The Florida Boys or The Cathedrals? What's up with THAT?!? :o

Okay I admit - I do have a Cathedral's record. I haven't listened to it yet.
My friend JV gave it to me along with an Alan Parson's Project record and a Bing Crosby record of which I LOVE.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MsJennJenn on September 18, 2012, 07:49:18 PM
Quote from: SippinTea on September 18, 2012, 07:41:07 PM

Okay I admit - I do have a Cathedral's record. I haven't listened to it yet.
My friend JV gave it to me along with an Alan Parson's Project record and a Bing Crosby record of which I LOVE.

Or wait...it might be a Carpenter's....those are singers too right? haha
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

You guys are hilarious. 

I think of southern gospel like I do hillbillies & rednecks, it's their music... Lol  it can be fun on a whim to hear a song but that's it.  Reminds me of country music  *shudder*

MelodyB

The Carpenters are not southren gospel though...
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 18, 2012, 08:27:29 PM
Reminds me of country music  *shudder*

Exactly. *lol* Which is why I'm picky about WHAT I listen to here. ;)

Melody

I like Karen Carpenter, Jenn.  Andrew would fall asleep to a CD of their love sings when he was a baby.

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Melody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rul-v5alDkM

You poor things, I think you've been smitten too many times.

taco_harvell

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 18, 2012, 09:55:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rul-v5alDkM

You poor things, I think you've been smitten too many times.

Those people were from Oregon so by definition they can't be considered "Southern" Gospel. Here is a real "Southern" Gospel artist singing the same song and much better I might add.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vraj-U2qZOQ&feature=related
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

Thank you so much for praying & thank you Jesus for touching my knee. It's not 100% but it's much less painful. I had to miss work Friday from the pain.
* The Purple Fuzzy hugs her GP friends

SippinTea

Glad to hear it's doing better. I'm believing for 100% when you wake up tomorrow. :)

MelodyB

Chseeads

* Chseeads returns and rejoins the fray already in progress.....

I have a newfound dislike for many of you now.  :P

* Chseeads kicks Rat's Nest in the knee.

Newsman, I don't listen to enough music to mess with it really....it's once in a bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeee moon I ever listen to a CD at home, almost never, and almost never in the car....  On rare occasions if I'm at church cleaning or working I will put CDs on and play them there, that's about my extent.  Just divvy them up amongst the rest of the elect that are not reprobate dislikers of SG.

:P

The Purple Fuzzy

* The Purple Fuzzy body slams Cheesey

Chseeads

Now you'll flare your knee up again acting like that... :nono:

:P

Chseeads

Oh, I shopped for shoes this evening, but didn't find anything...I hate shopping for shoes, but I have to get some, mine are tore up....

The kid working in Sears reminded me of ClassicRambler.