News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Inez Can't Wait Till Sharing 468!

Started by Chseeads, September 07, 2012, 02:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

What do you guys sing at church?  Because you're southern, in the south, have a southern accent, wouldn't everything be southern gospel?  LOL

:P

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

I'm divorcing Mel-Mel again for her sacreligious despisement of Southern Gospel.

mini

I think the judge would rule in her favor.  :ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

If anyone thinks of it, could you please say a prayer for my knee?  I can hardly walk on it and it makes it difficult to do just about anything.  Thanks a bunch.

mini

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 18, 2012, 01:35:24 PM
If anyone thinks of it, could you please say a prayer for my knee?  I can hardly walk on it and it makes it difficult to do just about anything.  Thanks a bunch.

Yer supposed to be walking on your feet, not yer knee!  No wonder it hurts.

:ugly:

MelodyB

Just prayed for you, PF.

Chel is gone. :sadbounce: It was a real short trip, but we got a LOT accomplished.

I'm cleaning my Keurig. I ran bleach water through it, to make sure no mold spores were inside, and now I'm just running clear water through it. When mom gets back with the truck, I'll go get some vinegar, and run that through it too, then more water...THEN maybe it will be safe enough to use.

And Mellers, southern Gospel doesn't quite work that way. ;)

I don't HATE southren gospel. I just would rather not hear it. I do like the Crabb family, but not ALL the time. Is that so bad?

kkay

Hey all - requesting prayer. There's a lot going on right now and I need some direction.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 18, 2012, 12:39:14 PM
What do you guys sing at church?  Because you're southern, in the south, have a southern accent, wouldn't everything be southern gospel?  LOL

:P

Uh no!! :pound:

I love gospel - but not southern gospel! Yeeee-uck!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

I like most Southern gospel.  I like Jeff & Sherri Easter and such.

Roscoe

Southern Gospel, with a slice of bluegrass will be played around the throne.  :hypocrite:
Anyone that doesn't like it, may very well burn.  :lol:

And Cheese, as much as I hate it, I will be a character witness for you. Anyone who dislikes Southern Gospel obviously has deep character flaws.  :hypocrite:

:laughhard:

I'm back at work. Bah.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I stronger dislike most southern gospel. I side with Mel.

Ugh. Work.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on September 18, 2012, 02:13:46 PM

I don't HATE southren gospel. I just would rather not hear it. I do like the Crabb family, but not ALL the time. Is that so bad?

I like Jason Crabb - and Aaron & Amanda Crabb - but that's the extent of my southern gospelness....lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

Quote from: Roscoe on September 18, 2012, 02:53:14 PM
Southern Gospel, with a slice of bluegrass will be played around the throne.  :hypocrite:

There's no pain in heaven so I'm going to have to disagree. 

Lynx

Actually I believe the Paynes will in fact be in Heaven.  And they sing some good southern gospel.   :clap:

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Coffee euphoria reached.  Eyes are twitching, thoughts are being processeded att daadss speppeeeeed oofofffff lllliiiighhhhttt.....

SippinTea

:biglaugh: @ Elona and her desired offerings.

Southern gospel.... err, umm, I'm afraid typically I would side with Mel here. I enjoy SOME southern gospel. The good stuff. But so much of it is inferior quality where both the music AND the singing is concerned... (I know, I know, I'm offending Roscoe and Taco here. But seriously! You're asking a musician here, so you just have to take my answer as it is!) :P

Cheese, didn't anyone ever tell you divorce was wrong? Tsk, tsk. :nono:

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Heather

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 18, 2012, 04:14:00 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on September 18, 2012, 02:53:14 PM

There's no pain in heaven so I'm going to have to disagree.

This!  :laughhard:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Yes! Heather, Ruby and Jenn on my team! Yeah! You all get blessed for that!

MelodyB

My Keurig is clean and ready for use!

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on September 18, 2012, 05:46:54 PM
Yes! Heather, Ruby and Jenn on my team! Yeah! You all get blessed for that!

Blessings in return!! :clap:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

taco_harvell

Quote from: MelodyB on September 18, 2012, 12:34:24 PM
Nope. That's a common misconception.
Mel isn't southern. She is from Lower New York also known as Florida! lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

RainbowJingles

Quote from: SippinTea on September 18, 2012, 04:42:16 PM
:biglaugh: @ Elona and her desired offerings.

Southern gospel.... err, umm, I'm afraid typically I would side with Mel here. I enjoy SOME southern gospel. The good stuff. But so much of it is inferior quality where both the music AND the singing is concerned... (I know, I know, I'm offending Roscoe and Taco here. But seriously! You're asking a musician here, so you just have to take my answer as it is!) :P

:beret:

My child, you shall be forgiven if you send in an offering that is as large as your offense.

Disliking southern gospel music is kind of okay...  as long as you find it in  your heart to like Janet Paschal, Gordon Mote, Guy Penrod, Vestal Goodman (in small quantities), The Martins (in even smaller quanitities), The Crabb Family, the occasional song from The Hoppers (hold the jokes, y'all; that's their name), Mark Lowry, Gold City, and especially the Gaither Homecoming Concerts.  *nod*  I think we can still be friends.

Just don't forget that offering part, ok?  :bigcheese: