News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Lay off my soup! This bowl is all mine, mel made me soup in Sharing 459!!

Started by kmymbir, March 15, 2012, 05:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Newsman on March 30, 2012, 07:18:38 PM
Thanks, Lady Sandra for the headsup....I did respond, I just ddn't know who it was to  :P
Haha.  I sent the text before 10 and you replied finally about 12:30.  You must have been too busy on your honeymoon before that. ;)

Chseeads

SippinTea

Really? They both are? Wow. Does that make the babies kind of, sort of twins?

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Roscoe

Well,well, well. I leave y'all alone for a few hours and return to find that John has ran off to England, married ( without even so much as an invitation to his friends!), and wasted his riches with riotous living, other friends are expecting- what, I don't know- Mini is snooping for a way to destroy my character over my one fault of owning a Miata.....what next?!?

As far as my day went, I wrote a ticket- first one in two years, got to see a camaro being used as a scrap metal hauler that would make a one ton truck jealous, got taunted by people cooking ribs, ect.... I'm agonna rest tonight and do a little tinkering tomorrow.  :hi:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Chseeads

Quote from: SippinTea on March 31, 2012, 12:22:24 AM
Really? They both are? Wow. Does that make the babies kind of, sort of twins?

:beret:

I'm pretty sure she couldn't expect without him.  :smirk2:

Lynx

*Psalm_97 executes a namaste toward sunlight.

I should have guessed she'd notice it.  Thank you, and it was.  I had to work, but a friend sent me a big wad of Jeremiah Yocum music and I was sorting through it while I worked pretty much all night.

I hereby challenge and defy anybody here to listen to a good Jeremiah Yocum album and remain in a bad mood.  You just can't do it.

Well, except for maybe one person here... not mentioning any names of course.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Chseeads

Chseeads

Roscoe

Morning, all. And Isaac- Happy Birthday, belated of course... I didn't see any notifications, so I had no clue, not having met you in person- yet. :lol:
Oh, and why are you executing a namaste?? What did it do to you?!? Couldn't you have some mercy and just maul it a bit???  :laughhard:

'tis my day off. I've put a roast in the crockpot, made a big bowl of absolutly heavenly cole slaw (made like my mama made it, sweet and tangy. I even grated the carrots and cabbage myself, didn't buy that "mix". Bleh) and set out rolls to rise. Gonna eat GOOD tonight.  :fork:

Fixing to make a cheesecake. Somehow, we've had a couple of church dinners recently where my cheesecake was requested. While getting ingrediants for that, I managed to pick up way too much cream cheese. My fridge looks like Kroger's  cream cheese cooler. :biglaugh:  Therefore, since I can't waste it, it's only logical to make my favorite dessert. Hmmm- Choclate, blackberry swirl, or caramel apple.....choices, choices.

And some time today, I shall wander out to the shop and tinker with Rusty some more. I finally got a tool I've been waiting for to aid in his recovery. :clap:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 31, 2012, 03:00:43 PM
Morning, all. And Isaac- Happy Birthday, belated of course... I didn't see any notifications, so I had no clue, not having met you in person- yet. :lol:
Oh, and why are you executing a namaste?? What did it do to you?!? Couldn't you have some mercy and just maul it a bit???  :laughhard:

'tis my day off. I've put a roast in the crockpot, made a big bowl of absolutly heavenly cole slaw (made like my mama made it, sweet and tangy. I even grated the carrots and cabbage myself, didn't buy that "mix". Bleh) and set out rolls to rise. Gonna eat GOOD tonight.  :fork:

Fixing to make a cheesecake. Somehow, we've had a couple of church dinners recently where my cheesecake was requested. While getting ingrediants for that, I managed to pick up way too much cream cheese. My fridge looks like Kroger's  cream cheese cooler. :biglaugh:  Therefore, since I can't waste it, it's only logical to make my favorite dessert. Hmmm- Choclate, blackberry swirl, or caramel apple.....choices, choices.

And some time today, I shall wander out to the shop and tinker with Rusty some more. I finally got a tool I've been waiting for to aid in his recovery. :clap:
*Psalm_97 executes a certain short cop as well.

The notification was a tiny, 1pt line in my signature.  Two days ago it said, "Tomorrow is my birthday!  Let's see if anyone notices this little line in my signature."  One day ago it said, "Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, Friday, March 30th is my birthday, happy birthday to me!  Let's see if anyone notices this little line in my signature."

The theory was that once people get used to you they never read your signature.  But two people here actually noticed it, which was not supposed to happen...  One of them asked me about it on yahoo a whole 20 minutes after I changed it the first time.

Definitely chocolate.  And I like your cream cheese rationale.   :thumbsup2:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

I saw the tiny line but didn't take time to enlarge it to read it.  :smirk2:

The Purple Fuzzy

Just got brisket off the smoker and the girls are making potato salad and beans. :fork:

Lynx

Another Saturday, another wedding, another sojourn in the sound booth.  Howdy from church. 

For the record, AT&T USB clip modems rock.  I can get online anywhere there's a cell phone signal.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

taco_harvell

Just read where someone spent an entire paycheck on worthless lotto tickets........ There is a reason they call it an idiot tax!

Had a great youth service last night, just wish I could get some more men involved, it is hard for one man to pray with 4 other guys. Sigh
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

With some paychecks it is easier to do that than with others.  Some people don't get paid a lot.   :smirk2:

With me, if I had a whole paycheck I wanted to blow, it would probably be used music CDs on amazon.com.  I have a list of albums I still don't have, but want.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Newsman

*kicks Seth in shin, causing him to drop grapeguard to floor, then proceeds to stuff a bunch of 40 sour grapes in his yapper*

Howdy, everyone!

Sandra, that sounds beyond yummy!

Isaac, belated happy 35th birthday!  :thumbsup2:

John  :waving:

Chseeads

Lynx

Quote from: Newsman on March 31, 2012, 10:26:37 PM
Isaac, belated happy 35th birthday!  :thumbsup2:
For a man who is supposed to be tracking down news stories, I thought you would check your sources better. Whomever informed you about the age lied.

But thanks, and it was a pretty good one.
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

Things that make my blood pressure go up: Guy at BestBuy trying to sell me a $300 USB interface claiming "this is the only way to run sound from the sound system back to the computer" instead of the $10 cable I purchased which works just fine.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Nelle

One of those weeks where you wonder what's going to happen next.. I literally worry everytime the door is knocked on, haha. Praying that my Heavenly Daddy shows some muscle this week..

Lynx

Quote from: taco_harvell on April 01, 2012, 03:58:11 AM
Things that make my blood pressure go up: Guy at BestBuy trying to sell me a $300 USB interface claiming "this is the only way to run sound from the sound system back to the computer" instead of the $10 cable I purchased which works just fine.
Tried to sell you a WHAT?!!?  A simple USB stick audio card can be had for about $3, if you don't care too much about quality.  If you want GOOD sound it will cost maybe $25.  And they are plug-and-play. 

But yeah, if all you want is to pipe sound out to sound in so you can record it (without messing with soundcard settings and risking a really bad feedback loop that might blow the soundcard out) a little 1/16th M to 1/16th M cable will do the trick.

Sorry, I just have to say this again... They tried to sell you a WHAT?!  :o
"Do you sing at church?"