News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Lay off my soup! This bowl is all mine, mel made me soup in Sharing 459!!

Started by kmymbir, March 15, 2012, 05:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

I've had that problem Mel.  We had to change what we used to clean the floor.  Some cleaners leave a bit of a residue, which is fine for tile counters and walls but it causes dirt from shoes to stick.  The tile we have is not made to be shiny at all.  Most of the time I will, after washing problem areas, mop with very hot water.

The tile we have in the narthex cannot be cleaned with anything but an industrial floor buffer thing.  Anything else, even water, dulls it and shows everything.  So we dustmop it regularly and it stays pretty good for a month or so.  We run about 500 on Sundays and 200 on midweek service, so that's a lot of traffic. 

I'd check into your tile type, rugs available, and what the ground is coming into the church.

You know the cleaner we use the most?  Fabuloso, the purple kind.  We pour a dallop in the toilets/urinals after they are clean too for scent and prettiness.

MelodyB

It's just the one bathroom. And the tile is different in that one. Well it's different in all of them, but that one is the shiniest. I won't be able to go over it with hot water very often. We don't have the hot water heaters turned on unless we are cooking in the kicthen, or an evangelist is staying in the apartment. It wastes energy to keep them on all the time when we rarely need hot water.

Well, I suppose I could heat it up on the stove. Hmm that's an idea to try.

And what is a narthex?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

Quote from: MelodyB on April 02, 2012, 03:04:15 PMAnd what is a narthex?

Sounds like a bug, doesn't it.. LOL  That is what I said when we moved here.  I had heard of entry ways, vestibules, foyers, but narthex is along the same lines.  I don't know the exact definition but it's about the same thing.

I had posted a picture here [/quote]]
Quote from: MellowYellow on November 08, 2011, 10:12:42 PM
[/url]

yeah, try the hot water, just once and see if the prints are less the following week. 

There's a few clips from the conference if anyone is interested.  http://www.twitvid.com/powerupmentor

MelodyB

Ours is just a foyer. It's carpeted.

Our whole church is carpeted except the bathrooms, and the kitchen.

Melody

I'm not going to the church today to clean.  I'm wore out.  Even after a rare 3hr nap yesterday, I could barely keep my eyes open by 9pm.  That never happens.  Mondays the church is closed anyways so I'll clean first thing tomorrow. 

another cleaning issue we have Mel and no one has figured out how to remedy it; our baptismal leaves an orange film on it.  At first when everything was new they just thought the pipes had to work it out but after all these years, it still does it.  So at a conf. like we had this weekend where we just left it on and running, the water gets kinda icky.  Cleaning it is annoying, all our rags or p.towels end up orange.  We've tried all different cleaners but it's a pipe issue.  No other plumbing in the church has this issue either, just the baptismal.  We joke now that it's all the sins left over from baptisms.  LOL

MelodyB

Glad I dont need to be baptized...I might come out looking like an Oompa Loompa!

Its prolly iron in the pipes. Replacement is the only solution. Lol

I didn't go to the church early today either. I'm fixing to clean the kitchen here at home, figure out what to make for dinner and then head in to the church. I gotta clean and print testimonies.

Melody

print testimonies?  That's a cool idea.  We haven't had a testimony service in the 6 yrs we've been here.  Pastor has had a few specific people come and share something significant but it's never been open.  LOL  We'd be there all day if he did but it'd be entertaining as well!

Lynx

Wow, y'all have been busy on the forum while I was sleeping.  I got a good, full night's sleep though. 

Let's see, what else can I share...

When you have a friend who can help another friend, it's really neat.  I'm glad I have some really cool friends.  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Quote from: MellowYellow on April 02, 2012, 03:26:58 PM
print testimonies?  That's a cool idea.  We haven't had a testimony service in the 6 yrs we've been here.  Pastor has had a few specific people come and share something significant but it's never been open.  LOL  We'd be there all day if he did but it'd be entertaining as well!

We have had several people in our church write out their testimonies, and we have them printed out and do a quarter fold pamphlet, so it's like a little book. When we go to restaurants or meet people, it's a good way to witness if you just leave it on the table or give it to someone. Church info is on the back, and it's really a neat idea. And people DO read them, and you would be surprised how many we go through. I'm usually the one that prints them and folds them, but other people do too. I can send you one of each so you can see what they are. :)

When I moved here, I redesigned them. It's been fun!

Melody

Quote from: MelodyB on April 02, 2012, 04:17:49 PMI can send you one of each so you can see what they are. :)

I'd love that, thanks Mel!

That just gave me a great idea.  I wonder if I could make a FB testimony page for our church?  Hmmm....

Nelle

I have an interview tonight at 7! This has all the trimmings of a miracle! Thankful for God showing off this week!

MelodyB

Church done. Now to take the trash across the parking lot to the dumpster and I am free to leave.

Gonna get some buns and a tomatoe at the store and we are having homemade burgers tonight! Yay! One of my favorites.

sunlight

how did we get from sharing 459 to sharing 450?  :cough: mel...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Ummm.. Oops! I can't count apparently. I'll fix it later...but that means I have to edit my post. :reaction:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

kmymbir

On the testimony chat: Pastor says that most people love gossip and want to know other peoples business, so to have them printed and handing them out works, just tell people it's about your life. They eat it up.

In sharing today: I went to see my aunt in Alabama and we had a ladies get together, it will be my last one for a while, so I enjoyed myself and eat a cupcake today!

In other sharing: I was able to find some really nice stuff in Target today for my new cottage, I can not wait to decorate, I have so much planned out!

In the next few hours: I will be going fishing with my sister and her boyfriend, then I plan to come home and pack one more box, then get online and possibly get into a bible study..
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Melody

maaaaaan, let's get onto the next sharing thread already.  It feels like half the time people post on the last page, it gets missed cause everyone's onto the next. 

Grilling turkey burgers tonight from Costcos.  I'm curious how they'll taste.

Roscoe

I am home. I've  ran a compression test on Rusty, which verified my diagnosis... That head has got to come off. I am bummed. That's a pain of a job that I shall commence tomorrow evening. On the bright side, the numbers were high across the board except for the wounded cylinder, which means after a relativly cheap head rebuild- $200- Rusty should be good for many more miles. Now, I REALLY wish I had some help to take the head off... :sadbounce:

And I am bummed for yet another reason, because Bro Rudy Thrasher is having a big anniversary/ revival at his church in Paragould, with Bro Ron Garrett preaching. I cannot go because of work, and Bro Papa has rubbed it in via phone a few ago that he is there, and I am not....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Newsman

Hmm...Lady Melody's post gave me an idea...

Seth, I may need some help on a 'project'. I'll PM you.

Everyone else, carry on. Nothing here to see.

:sing: La la lahh  :sing:

John  :waving:

MelodyB

:o

Why do I smell something fishy? I'm pretty sure it isn't Kimber....

:eyebrow:

kmymbir

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

I need to go back to walmart. I bought some poly fill today and I need more.