News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Lay off my soup! This bowl is all mine, mel made me soup in Sharing 459!!

Started by kmymbir, March 15, 2012, 05:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

Jenn - I don't have a micro, so that option doesn't work for me. ;) And I'd love to see those notes. You still have my email?

Kmymbir - Eh, what? Where? When? How? Etc... :bigcheese: Do tell! This sounds like amazing news!

Hubby fixed chili for dinner tonight while I was working on tax junk. His chili is WAY better than mine. I think he should cook all the time. *cheeky grin*

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Chseeads

Speaking of chili...

I just set a cup of V8 on the keyboard shelf of the desk here while ago, then knocked into the desk and knocked the cup off in the floor, splattering V8 everywhere...  While I was cleaning it up I had a flashback from when I was a kid and one time I threw up after having eaten chili, and I recall it being splattered up the wall and such in like manner.....

:smirk2:

Bon apetite!

Newsman

MsJennJenn

Quote from: SippinTea on March 27, 2012, 01:34:34 AM
Jenn - I don't have a micro, so that option doesn't work for me. ;) And I'd love to see those notes. You still have my email?

No microwave?! I can't even imagine lol...
Yes I found your email. I'll forward darlin'!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

taco_harvell

Having an allergic reaction apparently..... Prayers appreciated!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

kmymbir

Quote from: SippinTea on March 27, 2012, 01:34:34 AM
Kmymbir - Eh, what? Where? When? How? Etc... :bigcheese: Do tell! This sounds like amazing news!

I am so glad you asked, it is the most amazing news I've shared yet on the forum, because my God is in the midst of it!!

After much prayer and fasting, God answered one of my prayers on Sunday, I recieved confirmation and I am excited!

One of the brothers from the church let me know that he had a good feeling about a place, a bit later my pastor passed by and said it was time for me to get ready to move, then in the service itself God dealt with me on a lot of things. After service Pastor come up and added to the confirmation letting me know that God had me a place ready and that everything will be taken care of! The same brother who spoke to me in the beginning, come to me after and let me know God had laid on his heart to tell me that, "the place is yours". The only thing I have to do is go this Wednesday and apply for jobs, I have already seen the place. I know the people who live around it, I have people willing to help me with a way of going back and forth to work, and the house is perfect for just me!
I do not know the exact date but I am ready to do my part!!

I have a very talented and kind friend helping me, I feel like things are flowing, and I'm feeling pretty good about my resume as well.
God has blessed me beyond all that I deserve!!
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Lynx

Taco:  Will do.

SippinTea... You WHAT?!  Whatever do you DO without a microwave?  How would you soften cream cheese for cheesecakes?  How do you heat water quickly? 

The mind boggles...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Newsman

1) That is great, Lady K!

2) Something cute, when several of us met up last Friday in Fort Smith. As I stood up to go get another plate of food, Chey came around and offered me a piece of the blue cotton candy she had. It was very sweet of her, and It was very sweet It tasted like 75 grams of sugar in a 3" x 2" piece of cotton candy!

So, if at the meetup, Roscoe arrrests me for sleeping in the city park, his own daughter might bring the prisoner cotton candy, and be upset with her father for arresting me! :)

John  :waving:

The Purple Fuzzy

Morning :hi: 
I'm sitting here at work.  They had an employee appreciation breakfast.  I wasn't really impressed with the food.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: minnesota68 on March 27, 2012, 02:34:10 PM
For Psalm and Roscoe:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17511011
What I've been saying for years.  And it explains how I eat what I want, and do not weigh 300+. 

Only problem is, in that picture they showed milk chocolate, which is a poor, pale shadow.  People who only like milk chocolate are people who would like anything with a boatload of cream and sugar.  Dark chocolate is for those who actually like CHOCOLATE.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

:pound: Isaac

I don't like just anything with cream and sugar but don't like dark chocolate it's too bitter :girltongue:

Lynx

Bitter?  What's bitter?  You just haven't tried the right kind.  Hershey's "special dark" doesn't count. 
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Kmymbir! So cool! Keep us posted with how God keeps working things out for you.  :great:

Jenn - thanks for the email.

As for having no microwave... *lol*... I can't stand them. I don't like all the health questions they raise (and are even proved in negative ways), and considering that you can even TASTE a metallic taste in all food and water that has been heated in them... yeah, I don't like them. They're definitely convenient, but I'm not willing to take the risks associated with them. Heating water quickly... you don't need a micro. A tea kettle works great, and so does an electric tea kettle - even faster. :) Soften cream cheese and butter? I pull them out of the fridge before I need them, and let them warm up the old fashioned way. ;)

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 27, 2012, 02:02:04 PM
Morning :hi: 
I'm sitting here at work.  They had an employee appreciation breakfast.  I wasn't really impressed with the food.

Hmm... maybe the bad food shows the level of their appreciation? :-?

My little man woke up with a sore throat this morning. Dosing him up with all sorts of home remedies, and he says it's feeling better. Considering he's talking while playing with Sean, it appears he's right.

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

SippinTea

If you're feeling like Seth, it would have to be a fowl mood. :P

Seriously, I'm sorry, Jenn. Those days aren't nice. *HUG*

Chseeads

Aw, bless her little fairy cakin' blonde heart.... :headrub:

Went to work with a stop to see somebody in the nursing home in the mix along the way...came home.

Moved a bale of hay and the cows across the road.  Have a headache, took a pill, eating a RBP.

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 27, 2012, 06:05:10 PM
Bitter?  What's bitter?  You just haven't tried the right kind.  Hershey's "special dark" doesn't count.
:pound: I happen to love Hershey's special dark chocolate. I'll eat it by the pound.... :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

What would a cop who drives (err, drove) a pink miata know about quality chocolate? Tsk, tsk. :P

Roscoe

Quote from: SippinTea on March 28, 2012, 01:18:04 AM
What would a cop who drives (err, drove) a pink miata know about quality chocolate? Tsk, tsk. :P

:pound: Oh, that you and your brood were coming for the meet-up! I'd so make you pay for that comment, as you'd be cruising through one of my jobsites... :copcar:

And I happen to be an equal opportunity chocolateer- I'll eat any and all of it. Hershey's Special Dark can't help it that it doesn't have a Swiss pedigree.. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: SippinTea on March 27, 2012, 09:33:30 PM
If you're feeling like Seth, it would have to be a fowl mood. :P

Seriously, I'm sorry, Jenn. Those days aren't nice. *HUG*

Thanks Ruby darlin'

And where Sethers is concerned it could go either way lol....that's why I referenced him!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Chseeads

kmymbir

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Newsman

I LITERALLY bol'ed on that one! :highfive:

John  :waving:

Quote from: SippinTea on March 28, 2012, 01:18:04 AM