News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Lay off my soup! This bowl is all mine, mel made me soup in Sharing 459!!

Started by kmymbir, March 15, 2012, 05:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmymbir

I am not looking forward to all the lame lies that go along with this holiday!
But I am looking forward to spending time with My JESUS!!
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

mini

Quote from: taco_harvell on April 01, 2012, 03:58:11 AM
Things that make my blood pressure go up: Guy at BestBuy trying to sell me a $300 USB interface claiming "this is the only way to run sound from the sound system back to the computer" instead of the $10 cable I purchased which works just fine.

I quit trusting them after I started reading about HDMI cables.  Take this one for instance: LINK.  $934.99 (for a 2 foot cable)

What they dont tell you is ALL OF THE HDMI cables are the same...lol  And can be made using $1 worth of parts.  I ordered a 6' one online for $2.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

MelodyB

I'm back!! Y'all miss me?!

I just got caught up on just a mere 5 pages of sharing that I missed. I really expected more from y'all. Lol

Had a great day at church. Someone snotted on my blouse...but it's ok.

Riding home with dad now, gonna finish the lunch I have started in the crock pot and eat a nice lunch. Then I'll catch up on the other threads.

Gotta say though, I agree, I wish Jenn, Ruby and Heather could come to the meetup! And even Seth!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

An speaking of meetups, today makes FOUR years since I first met Chel, Seth and all the others at the DOME. And we had a great time with Glitch in the hotel lobby that night. Lol!

Chseeads

Our lights went out earlier.  I went to the church and cleaned some.  Came home.

Going to go bang my head on a brick wall, be back later.

Lynx

In other news, it is almost a year now since I bought my toe shoes.  They are flexible enough to fold and stuff in my pocket.  They have been washed every week - two pairs, wearing each pair half a week - mostly because you don't have to wear socks with them, so you really want to wash them more often than normal shoes.

And they're still holding up well.  Nothing coming apart, nothing giving at the seams.  Not half bad.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

I've been sewing on a pillow for the last few days. I have to finish the matching neck pillow now. Then tomorrow I'm getting the polyfill from the store to complete it. Can't wait till its done.

Heather

Work work work. May have found out what's wrong with the SUV. I'm goin back to dance class. It's 2 weeks til my mini vacation. And mom informed me we're going back to Myrtle Beech this September.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

Wowsers.  I took a loooong nap.  I've been going a hundred miles an hour since like Wednesday it seems.  Conference started Thursday and my company, 8 people, came in on Friday night.  Thursday night praise singing/church, cleaning the church, Friday morning beautiful prayer mtg and communion, clean the church, Friday night praise singing/ service= awesome, feed company, 5something am Saturday clean the church and morning sessions, clean the church, feed company lunch, Saturday night p.s./church= off the chain, feed company dinner and company leaves about 11pm, 5something am Sunday clean the church, p.s.church=amazing, Get to go OUT to eat for the first time in months and months with new missionaries to Belize= privilege.

C.R.A.S.H. 

I woke up just a bit ago.

Working myself to exhaustion, well.. exhausting.  Partaking in the move of the Holy Ghost and impartation... priceless.

God is so good.  I have to clean tomorrow afresh so I will try and catch up later.  Can't wait for the meet up! 

Chseeads

You're gonna have the rugs wore out cleaning that much.  :smirk2:

I'm in a bad mood.

MelodyB

:roll:

I gotta get up early and go pray and the clean our church. We must have the cleanest churches ever with as much cleaning as we do. I just cleaned it yesterday too. Well my part, not the whole thing of course. Lol

taco_harvell

Preached: Miracles happen when desperation touches divinity!

Good service.

Mark 5 is an amazing chapter!!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Nelle

An amazing day in church. I was afraid I had gotten in a weird place moving here that would take a while to get out of.. i.e. Adjusting.. But!! Today was great!! We went up for prayer and I really believe God has His hand in our situations. I don't know what His will is for the situation...but I do know that His strength is perfect! We're going to get thru somehow! :)

MelodyB

Quote from: kmymbir on April 01, 2012, 10:14:27 AM
I am not looking forward to all the lame lies that go along with this holiday!
But I am looking forward to spending time with My JESUS!!

So did anyone pull anything on you today? :hypocrite:

kmymbir

Mel you really should stop letting people use you as tissue, the church usually provides those for people, you should learn to speak up.

As far as the tricks and pranks only ONE idiot pulled anything on me today, my dear Mel, YOU would be that idiot.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Roscoe

Morning, all. We had good church last night also, even though Bro Papa was home sick. I preached " It's time to draw a Line"- basically, what the title says, time to let the devil know if you cross that line, you've got a fight, then stand our ground.  Good spirit of God in the place.

Anyhow, back at work. Again. Bah.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Quote from: Chseeads on April 02, 2012, 02:03:01 AMYou're gonna have the rugs wore out cleaning that much.  :smirk2:

The carpet is 5yrs? old.  And yes, there are little wild fibers that I have to snip here and there. There is no padding, it's just on cement. It's time to have it cleaned again as I can only do so much spot cleaning.  There are rugs in the narthex that catch most of the stuff so it's not been too bad.  However, our carpet is like gold or mustard or some color like that and light carpet is not_fun.  When we outgrow our sanctuary, the plan is to knock out the back walls of it and add high rise seats to exapand.  When that happens, we will not be doing light carpet back there, thank the Lord!

Quote from: MelodyB on April 02, 2012, 02:05:08 AM
:roll:

I gotta get up early and go pray and the clean our church. We must have the cleanest churches ever with as much cleaning as we do. I just cleaned it yesterday too. Well my part, not the whole thing of course. Lol

I know that's right!  Those toilet seats are sanitized!  Everything is sanitized about.  We have a lot of full glass doors and our sanctuary seats are theater seats, those 2 things make it take longer I think than normal.  I should post more pictures in the church picture thread.

It would help if the male persuasion would um... conduct all their business in an orderly and aimed fashion.  I wish we could put a sign in the mens bathroom that says, "Train up a child in the way he should go." 

The Purple Fuzzy

kmymbir

So much to do, so little time, BUT GOD..

Song stuck in my head at current:
I'm loving Him more everyday!!

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on April 02, 2012, 01:09:22 PM
I know that's right!  Those toilet seats are sanitized!  Everything is sanitized about.  We have a lot of full glass doors and our sanctuary seats are theater seats, those 2 things make it take longer I think than normal.  I should post more pictures in the church picture thread.

It would help if the male persuasion would um... conduct all their business in an orderly and aimed fashion.  I wish we could put a sign in the mens bathroom that says, "Train up a child in the way he should go." 

I used to think that until I started working in retail. Now...men are MUCH cleaner than women. It disgusts me how gross the women's restroom is.  :noo:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

We rarely have issues in the girls bathroom, and they are usually, from what I can tell, the small children.  I still fault the mom's for not checking after the kids but it's still far and few between.  I think the little trash cans in each stall in the womens help a LOT. 

NEW subject!  I'm having a good day.. lol

MelodyB

When I was in Florida, the mens room was ALWAYS nasty. I mean lovely spatters on the floor and the walls and all kinds of mess. The ladies room was always fine. But it seems no one taught the guys to aim properly.

Here, I have not seen a problem at all with either. And I have 4 bathrooms that I mop twice a week. That's a total of 7 toilets and two urinals. Trash pretty much stays in the cans as well. And we have the little cans in each stall and big ones near the sinks. My biggest problem I have found is footprints! The tile in the front ladies bathroom always has prints all over it! I don't know if its the type of tile, or the type of shoes that some wear, but I'm always mopping them up.