Roscoe, Minnie and Newsman makes three, talk about the meetup in Sharing 453!

Started by Lynx, December 26, 2011, 06:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Melody

Afternoon folks. It's a bright sunshiney day.  Kids are playing something or other climbing the trees.  It's so nice to have trees... lol 

Yay for Seth!  Wonder if it'll have any affect on the CCEX 2012?

I had a cup of tea, however, I think need a cup of coffee.  We had rolls of laughter at the party last night.  Dictionary is one of my all time favorite games! 

Chseeads

SippinTea

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Lynx

Some people here have relatives living in Guatemala.  Can't they send Mexican Greeting cards instead? 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

Not having the best day. I woke up this morning with various aches and pains in my body the worst of which is my left arm. It feels like I have torn a muscle or something loose from the bend of the arm all the way back up into my shoulder. Can't stand to bend it hardly at all. I have 3 assignments I need to finish, and study for the adult Sunday school lesson in the am and I can't seem to focus on anything. Prayers would be appreciated!!! Just not hitting on all cylinders today.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 07, 2012, 09:09:34 PM
Some people here have relatives living in Guatemala.  Can't they send Mexican Greeting cards instead? 

They can send Caribbean Greetings. 

That's apparently a division of American Greetings.  When Bro. & Sis. Morris from Jamaica send us a Christmas card it has the AG rose emblem on it and says Caribbean Greetings. 

Going to church.   I'm wore out.

MelodyB

Ok y'all, I'm trying not to complain here. But I am in some SERIOUS SERIOUS pain.

I need some prayers, big time.

My back is still hurting bad. Dad got a call to pick up a body and I'm with him, but I barely made it to the van. I've got my hot rice pad on it and I'm in so much pain right now, I'm tempted to have him drop me off at the ER. I'm crying from pain as I type this, as bad as I hate to admit that.

I was fine all day today till about 4pm, then the twinges came back, and I had trouble off and on walking around. Then I finished up at church, went to WM, and Subway and then home. By the time I got home I was hurting pretty bad. Dad asked me to go with him to help keep him awake on this drive tonight, (the FH he is going to is pretty far away, like 30 miles one way) and so here I am, sitting in the van, parked at the hospital morgue, feeling like I'm next.

Please, PLEASE pray. I'm kinda scared that it's a kidney or appendix and not just muscular pain. UGH.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

I hope it's not your appendix, dear..... 

Mine hurt in my back across my hips, perhaps at the time it was rupturing...don't know exactly when it did that, but after I worked in my grandma's yard it hurt there and I thought it was just from working....  Then that let up....and then in a couple days when I actually got sick with fever and stuff, that first night I hurt in my back and wondered if I had a kidney stone or something....also hurt in my side and abdomen though too....  I think that's when the abscess was working on flaring up.

Anyhoo.....

I hope you feel better...pain and duress is no fun....

w2cch

I'm dreading Monday. :worry:

The Purple Fuzzy

chelleebelle

Note to self...always check the thermostat when you ask your 10 year old to turn the heat up a bit.  Had her do that, then we went to the church and done some grocery shopping...came home to an 81 degree house!  Needless to say, I'm running the AC to try to get it cooled off in here!

Chseeads

chelleebelle

Quote from: Chseeads on January 08, 2012, 01:41:12 PM

Quote from: chelleebelle on January 08, 2012, 04:24:48 AMwe went to the church and done some grocery shopping.

Church runs a food bank?  :P

Um...should have clarified better...went to local grocery store afterwards. 

Lynx

SHARING:  I got some good news.  This little gophone I picked up used to use 25 cents per minute, but now AT&T only charges a dime.  So for my $100 I get a thousand minutes to use during the year that the $100 is good for instead of 400 minutes. 

The 400 minutes lasted me nine months or so, so this 1000 minutes oughta last a while.  Only downside is after the year is up the remaining money is forfeit. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

IowaSkirtGirl

I'm supposed to be eating breakfast and figuring out my hair...yes..it's a problem today.

But I'm not that hungry yet, but I know i'll be starving by the end of church..

I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Roscoe

I'm back at work. Using my down time to ghostwrite for Rusty, who had to have his own Facebook page after Mini made Sam one....If you are on facebook, "like" rusty's page. (rusty the 46 ) I'm enjoying  telling Rusty's story in his voice....kinda my comic relief. Yeah, it's silly, I know. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

Chseeads

Hang in there Poopsie.

Went to church, came home.

By this time tomorrow I should be appendix-free. :freaky: 

I'm dreading it horribly...but the part I'm dreading is the idea of not being in control of my blood sugar for all that time.  That just throws me into panic attack mode.

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Doubtful.  :smirk2:

The nurse in preop the other day assured me it would be no problem though.  But just the fact of not being able to eat that long and being "trapped" there just makes me freak out just thinking about it.

Chseeads

I am very OCD about it....I can't go anywhere or do anything without having an "escape plan" in the back of my mind concerning how long I will be somewhere, what I will be doing, where I'll be at, when and how and where can I go if I think I need to go eat or anything, and I get very nervous if I get held over longer than planned, etc. etc. 

And this is not even a terribly major problem with me, and the vast majority of the time, I am just fine, but there's just some component about it that I obsess over all the time and basically never really have any peace to speak of in any situation.  And this hospital thing just compounds that many times over knowing I can't eat anything plus once I get in there, I'm stuck and can't help myself regardless.

It just drives me insane. 

They might as well just put me to sleep as soon as I get there, I'd have a more pleasant day I imagine. lol

MelodyB

Well I'm better a bit. I started feeling better during worship service, then I went down and got prayed for and it flared up again. Lol

Heather

Home from church. Had some new people. Some from my former church. It's weird but awesome at the same time.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali