News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Roscoe, Minnie and Newsman makes three, talk about the meetup in Sharing 453!

Started by Lynx, December 26, 2011, 06:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on January 09, 2012, 05:02:11 PM
Hello,all. Felt like crud last night, stayed home and slept, then came to work today. Now I find I'm gonna have to leave early. My older sister (48 years old and a backslidder of thirty years or more) had a heart attack. She's concious, but they are sending her to the heart hospital to see what damage was done. She doesn't seem to think about God much, and changes the subject quick if it comes up,but I saw on her facebook page where she "liked" pentecostal recently, so apparently God's been working on her... id  appreciate a word of prayer if anyone is so inclined.
Praying Bro!!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Going to the Virginia District men's prayer summit this weekend. Really looking forward to it.

Feeling a little better this morning with a couple of hours of sleep.

What are the rest of you nuts up to this week?
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Funny you should call us "nuts."  At the auction house last Saturday they had two pound, eight ounce jars of mixed nuts (deluxe, no peanuts) for $10 a piece.  I got four of them.  With the most diligent attention, we still haven't got the first one half emptied yet. 

In the meantime I have at least three songs that I know exactly what I want to do with the soundtrack for them, just haven't gotten around to doing it yet, and a good 10 or 12 old records' worth of audio recordings to edit into separate songs and albums. 

So yeah, I'm busy and happy.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Also at the auction house I got two 50-pack of zip ties, the really big ones with a release latch so you can reuse them, four bags of Sara Lee coffee for grandma because dad said they were good (the people at the auction house claimed it was dunkin donuts coffee but dad disagreed just at a glance at the package,) and an industrial two-pot warmer with two small crock pots in it. 

Gonna fill the pots with stuff and give it a trial at the next church meet-and-eat.  Probably ground beef with assorted sauces and spices, served with shredded cheese and sourdough bread.  Sloppy joes done right. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Odd.  Shows up fine here.

Peanuts comic, Sunday, January 8th.

Try this:  http://www.gocomics.com/peanuts/2012/01/08
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Wait! Seth is at the vet?!? I don't remember him checking in this morning.....

In other news Whiskey has come out of her spay surgery just fine. And I have clogging class tonight. Yee-haw!!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

And..... I am here. Thanks, everyone, for the prayers. My sis is doing okay, they are gonna run tests tomorrow to see how bad it was. I feel a little guilty over the whole deal- my first thought when I was told she had the heart attack was " Not likely". She's known to be, well, a bit of a hypochondriac, I've always thought. But this time it was real.. :smirk2:
  And since I've taken four hours of my comp time, I'm home early. Hmmm....what to cook?!? :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

How's your back, Mel?

Oh and SETH, Hannah is praying for your birds!

myhaloisintheshop

This is what we are having....I leave out the cumin.  I have everything on hand and its realllllly good!

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Enchilada-Casser-Ole-

myhaloisintheshop

My day went from horrible to productive.   Dylan had a really bad morning.  Truly it isn't fair that a 10 year old has so much fear and anxiety because he is starting a new routine after school.  The joys of Aspergers.  :roll:   Anyway.  When I left the principal was being "tough" on him and making him get his act together and eat breakfast.     

I lost my debit card yesterday before church so today I had to look for it.  Ended up cleaning out my bedroom but found my debit card.  It slipped behind my cedar chest when I laid my coat on it and the card fell out of my pocket.  It was lurking in the shadows but I never "saw" it until my room was torn up and then cleaned back up...lol

Almost time to pick up my heathens.  Hoping Dyl is in a much better mood!

Nelle

Thank goodness no one got to steal it!

And poor kid!! I always hated (and still kinda do) new situations like that. One year, I scratched the back of my knees so much they bled because I was so anxious about school starting and I was going into a new building. Thankfully that never happened again!

I'm off work tomorrow WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm going to sleep until like 9, get up and pack! Probably try to do some laundry if I have enough to do. Eat... Take a nap... Then go shopping for a sleeve pattern for my wedding dress, then prayer meeting!

MelodyB

Melodya, I'm doing fair. I was hurting pretty bad again last night, and then this morning I was great! Almost 100%, then dad pressure cleaned the rugs and needed me to sweep and mop the dining room and the kitchen and living room. I swept and hurt so bad I went and took a nap. Never got around to mopping.

Now I'm still hurting a bit. I fixed dinner and ate, now I'm resting.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

haha Melb...@the mugg thing lol

and Isaac the said Guatemala family doesn't live there anymore...if you're talking about fuzzy's daughter...
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

SippinTea

Sarah, that looks yummy! I'm thinkin' my guys might like that one. :)

Sethers, sorry you're having a rough time. Praying for you.

Mel, there was a card in my mailbox this morning. I'm gonna get spoiled by all the smiles you've been sending my way lately. :) Thanks. Really. :)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MelodyB

Who? Me? ;)

That card was amazing! I should go get a few more of those. Loved it!

Chseeads

MelodyB

Lynx

Howdy y'all.  Today was a bit rough at work but nobody got mad and we made it through. 

Seth how did it go?  Apparently you at least survived...
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

IowaSkirtGirl

Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on January 09, 2012, 08:52:29 PM
My day went from horrible to productive.   Dylan had a really bad morning.  Truly it isn't fair that a 10 year old has so much fear and anxiety because he is starting a new routine after school.  The joys of Aspergers.  :roll:   Anyway.  When I left the principal was being "tough" on him and making him get his act together and eat breakfast.     

I lost my debit card yesterday before church so today I had to look for it.  Ended up cleaning out my bedroom but found my debit card.  It slipped behind my cedar chest when I laid my coat on it and the card fell out of my pocket.  It was lurking in the shadows but I never "saw" it until my room was torn up and then cleaned back up...lol

Almost time to pick up my heathens.  Hoping Dyl is in a much better mood!

I totally understand the joy of Aspergers...Roomie and Baby Roomie both have it...hers is more mild...his is pretty intense, not sure if it's just the child part and some of it he might outgrow...
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Roscoe

Ugggh. I am reminded that I am definatly not a morning person this morning. Grump.  Bah.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison