Roscoe, Minnie and Newsman makes three, talk about the meetup in Sharing 453!

Started by Lynx, December 26, 2011, 06:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

Is Seth's dad out of surgery?  How'd it go?

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 30, 2011, 12:58:50 AM
Hubby had supper cooked when I got home.  Chicken, cheese potatoes, corn and cinnamon rolls. :fork:
What an awesome hubby PF!  Sweetness.

Yeehaw! 

There's a new family moving here tonight.  Nathan is going to go help them unload their Uhaul with some other guys and I made them an apple pie which is almost done.  Someone said they're from TX but not sure where in TX and their last name is one I haven't heard before so I can't remember it yet.  I am terrible with names.

Also, our music leaders had their baby!  Lillian Isabel, can't wait to meet her.  Babies are so fun. 

Hearty split pea soup (with sausage and carrots) and rolls is what's for dinner.  I know it's not all that exciting but it's my occupation and it feels good when I can do a good job. ☺  Makes me wanna share the successes. 

School starts back up next week.  :-(  My kids are so hilarious, makes housework more fun. ☺

Roscoe

Well... I dug the Corvette outta the shop and ran it down the road and back, moved Rusty back into the shop from the driveway, and enjoyed my daily paper. That's all I've done.  :biglaugh: Oh, yeah- I put clothes in the dryer from the washer. That counts for something don't it? :lol:

Lou called a bit ago and said that she's needed to work over for a few hours and it will be after 5 or later before she makes it home, so it's just me and AngelFluff... I'm actually semi-ashamed of not doing any of the many projects I had planned for my vacation, but man, I needed the rest.

Seems like life is racing by so fast nowadays and I don't ever get the chance to slow down from the ratrace. :(

Anybody know how Cheese's dad is? I think he said his dad was to have surgery today....???
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

I was just adding that question to my previous post.  I haven't heard.

Tomorrow night is NYE, what's everyone doing?  We're either going to a party or the party will be moved here to accomodate for more people. 

hahaha, someone offered to bring their Christmas tree over and donate it to us for firewood.  Hilarious and a blessing!  Our fireplace heats up the entire downstairs.

IowaSkirtGirl

NYE = Watch Night Service. Last year was my first and unless I am exhausted from working then helping my cousin move...I'll be there...or I'll be here curled under a blanket asleep.

Days where it's bitterly cold I have a really hard time getting warm and staying warm after I've been chilled at work....
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Lynx

Tomorrow, if nothing is doing here in our family, I'll probably go to the auction house and sit a while.  Might buy something, maybe not. 

But probably we'll be having supper with uncle Fred and aunt Lucy, maybe aunt Diane. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Work was atrocious. People were insane. Co-workers were having snits.

I haven't had to kill my dog yet. Lol
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Fresh sourdough, just out of the oven - two slices.
Mayo - 3 tsp.
Turkey, butterball brand, deli really-thin-sliced - about a quarter pound.

Yum!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

Lord, I'm done in.

Dad's surgery went well.  They took a piece of mesh, and a stitch out of a nerve, from his surgery 11 years ago that crippled him up.....  Hopefully that will help.....  They kept him overnight....or so we thought...think...something....now we're not sure if they're going to go ahead and let him go or not. 

I'm wore out. 

A hawk killed Henrietta, the chicken with the biggest personality at the Ranch.  *sigh*  I hated that it was her (hate for any...a guinea was killed yesterday....and 3 pigeons were killed when I was in the hospital and right after I got out....there's a hawk who's days are numbered.....).....  Dad was more upset afraid that it was her than I am. 

*sigh*  Poop.

Anytime I am ill or otherwise encumbered, all Hades breaks loose here.....it's insane. 

Before dad went into surgery, my doc saw my mom back in the surgery area and asked her what she was doing there, and asked if I was there too, and he came out and seen me, asked how I was and about the plague I just had. 

I still don't know if the man could core an apple, but by golly he's nicer than all get out. lol 

It's crazy how many people you see that you know when you sit in the hospital all day.  Bro. Nelson was in there and stopped and talked for a few.  Among may others. 

Before me and mom left we stopped in and seen Sis. Stanger.  She's not doing well at all, but bless her heart she is faithful as clockwork.  Whenever she does finally leave this old world behind, surely the heavens are going to open to receive her to glory.  If not, then the rest of us sorry scrubs are poop outta luck.  :freaky: 

Came home and tended fowl while ago.  I plan to bury dear Henrietta.  Other mass deceased I generally just take and toss out to the wilds of nature, but bless her little feathered chicken heart, I'm gonna have to bury her out by the garage which she so dearly loved.  *sigh*

MsJennJenn

We're going thru one of our many warm December into January spurts. It's been 60 or right around for the whole week almost! :roll:

Been trying to get my iPhone 4s for 5 days now! AGH! :pullhair:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Lynx

I just tried a new version of egg custard pie.  It turned out better than the original, but not quite what I had in mind.  I know exactly what I want to do next time. 

In the meantime, I have a whole pie (minus what I ate) here.  I wish I had someone here who's appetite could keep pace with my cooking.  I like to cook and I like to eat, but I always have to wait to finish eating what I cook before I can try the next thing I have in mind.

Maybe I'll cut it up in squares (to hide the fact I ate a big piece) and take it to that family that I pick up on the church bus route.  It's a big family, they'd have it eaten before I left the driveway I bet.  Then I could try my next pie without having pies stacking up on me.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

Despite trying not to appear to be, you're a caring guy, Isaac!

Oh, and I recently heard a first-person account of your baking skills.

John  :waving:

taco_harvell

Randomness alert........

Chelbertina is the best little sister ever!

Isaac, all I can say is wow! You are still amazing me and Elona! lol Thanks!

The rest of ya'll..... We are glad ya'll made it to the wedding even if it was only virtually making it. lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

Quote from: taco_harvell on December 31, 2011, 06:11:13 AM
Randomness alert........

Chelbertina is the best little sister ever!

Isaac, all I can say is wow! You are still amazing me and Elona! lol Thanks!

The rest of ya'll..... We are glad ya'll made it to the wedding even if it was only virtually making it. lol

Yes, we were spying. 

Lynx

Newsman:  Come on over, I have plenty.  I want this pie gone so I can try the next idea... without having pies stacking up.

Taco:  Glad you liked it.  I tried to think of everything nobody else ever thinks about until they reach for it and it's not there.  :)

Anybody else who wants a piece of egg custard pie, come on over and help yourself.  I'll even whip up some cream cheese icing to put on it.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Man....For once, I wish Isaac lived closer to me.  :laughhard: No worries about pies stacking up then... :fork:
Back at work.  :waving:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Morning y'all!

Vacation almost over.  Just one more day of doing nothing, then Sunday (which is always busy) then back to work.  I am SO ready!

Mind you, I like a couple or three days off.  But a whole week with nothing at all to do is just too much.  I get stir crazy, which is worse for me because it just compounds my normal level of crazy.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

*Psalm_97 sends his cat in behind the couch with claws extended to chase a purple dust bunny out.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Eating....then I have to go put a wheel back on the 4 wheeler and haul a bale of hay to the cows....

If I live that long.  :P  My nephew ran off and didn't help with anything.....bah.

I buried Henrietta earlier.  Wore me outtttt....just dug a hole with post hole diggers, wasn't anything huge....   I have no energy or strength.  I have 57 tons of poop that needs cleaned up, but I don't want to overtax my abdomen at this point, plus I don't have that much energy still anyways.....  Lord....

I don't want to strain myself on this hay this time either, it didn't feel good last time I had to mess with it. 

Melody

Lynx

MellowYellow:  Huh?  What were you talking about, Seth's 57 tons of poop?

In other news:  Florida outranks everywhere as the weirdest state in 2011. 
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/florida-weird-only-2011-081432303.html
"Do you sing at church?"