News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Roscoe, Minnie and Newsman makes three, talk about the meetup in Sharing 453!

Started by Lynx, December 26, 2011, 06:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Quote from: chelleebelle on January 01, 2012, 02:25:05 AM
Quote from: Newsman on January 01, 2012, 01:25:52 AM

Isaac, if me and Minni and NewLife101 will join Roscoe a bit further west, how about joining us for a raid on a Golden Corral where they won't suspect us at?

Wives and other GPers must be invited...or the Golden Corral will be warned to pad-lock the door!
Newsman:  Further WEST?  The previous one was too far out of range for me, and I'm east of there. 

Chellebelle:  For real.  I take "all you can eat" seriously and plan before I start digging in.  First fruit, then carbs/starches, then veggies, then meats and cheeses.  Any other way and heavier stuff gets in the way of lighter stuff and you can't eat all you want.  If I don't have a group to hide in the middle of, those buffet places can spot me and keep me out. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Newsman

My bad, I should have said _east_. Would Little Rock still be too far west for you? That's something like four hours for me, I think.

John  :waving:

Lynx

Bout the same for me.  Mapquest/google map says it's 4.5 hours.  I don't remember how long it took when I went through there... all I really remember was trying to follow Chel through big cities with heavy traffic, when she seemed to forget she had someone following her and was cutting in and out of traffic like she was in the Indy 500.

Wait... sorry, this isn't the pick on Chel thread.  Shoot.

Speaking of online maps, they are great for setting up stuff.  Pick an interstate exit and they will tell you what restaurants and hotels are nearby.

Speaking of hotels, are we making this an overnight thing or a day trip?  Or has it not really been planned that far yet?  I'd like to meet as many as possible.  We could even get someone to be the coordinator, the one people call if they can't find wherever we are meeting - probably Chel, as I imagine she has everyone's phone number anyway.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

And if it's an overnight thing, how many guys can we fit in a hotel room?  I could bring my air mattress, and a room cost split 5 ways would be very cheap. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Well you all enjoy yourselves.

It's 2012.  Please improve, life. 

:smirk2:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Melody

Leave it to me to accidently forget my keys at the host's house... lol  Nathan and Andrew did a fine job of breaking in.  Fun party, I will miss the Cantrells all over again as they make their way back to Africa.  We ate, played some games, sang some worship songs and prayed together.  Pretty sweet.  Thank you Jesus. ♥

To bed, to bed, for this sleepy head. :yawn:
Happy New Year to my GP friends.

Chseeads

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

My guts are sore, I hope its residual effects from my round of stomach crud and not my appendix.... 

Makes me worry though.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

I'm awake and pretty well functioning. Starting my new year right by getting off my keister and going to church. Today is the 1st day we're going to 1 service on Sundays instead of an am and pm. Should be interesting.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

NewLife101

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 01, 2012, 05:05:57 AM
Bout the same for me.  Mapquest/google map says it's 4.5 hours.  I don't remember how long it took when I went through there... all I really remember was trying to follow Chel through big cities with heavy traffic, when she seemed to forget she had someone following her and was cutting in and out of traffic like she was in the Indy 500.

Wait... sorry, this isn't the pick on Chel thread.  Shoot.

Speaking of online maps, they are great for setting up stuff.  Pick an interstate exit and they will tell you what restaurants and hotels are nearby.

Speaking of hotels, are we making this an overnight thing or a day trip?  Or has it not really been planned that far yet?  I'd like to meet as many as possible.  We could even get someone to be the coordinator, the one people call if they can't find wherever we are meeting - probably Chel, as I imagine she has everyone's phone number anyway.

Here's a site that will help find a halfway point..

http://a.placebetween.us/

Be God's
NewLife101

taco_harvell

All of Ya'll just need to drive over to Pigeon Forge TN for a meet-up. There is a mean buffet there that will put Golden Stable to shame. Then me and the wife could drive down and join in. HeatherB could possibly make it too if it were there. It might even be closer for Isaac.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Heather

Quote from: taco_harvell on January 01, 2012, 04:02:05 PM
All of Ya'll just need to drive over to Pigeon Forge TN for a meet-up. There is a mean buffet there that will put Golden Stable to shame. Then me and the wife could drive down and join in. HeatherB could possibly make it too if it were there. It might even be closer for Isaac.

What he said!!! Plus if I dont have a road trip worthy car I'll just stand on the interstate and hope the newlyweds pick me up on the way :P
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

It would be a bit further to Pigeon Forge than to Little Rock (Tennessee is a long state) but I've made that trip more than once.  It's doable, but as an overnight thing, not a day trip.  Some good little hotels in that area too, and many things to do.  I know the best go-kart track as well. 

The two caveats are that it would be a lot farther from Roscoe, Newsman and minni, and that someone would have to keep me from going to the Russel Stover factory outlet and backing up the truck.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 01, 2012, 06:35:03 PM
It would be a bit further to Pigeon Forge than to Little Rock (Tennessee is a long state) but I've made that trip more than once.  It's doable, but as an overnight thing, not a day trip.  Some good little hotels in that area too, and many things to do.  I know the best go-kart track as well. 

The two caveats are that it would be a lot farther from Roscoe, Newsman and minni, and that someone would have to keep me from going to the Russel Stover factory outlet and backing up the truck.
IF this were done, and Lou and I could swing it....well, Isaac, I'll bring the truck. Might have a problem retrieving your share of the chocolate though. :laughhard:
Also- Anyone know if there is a chocolate gravy supplier in that area?
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

When we did the OK meetup, we all just pitched in on ingredients and I cooked the food there at the cabin.   Saved money that way.  That could be done if y'all did the meet up at the Petit Jean state park and got a cabin or something. ;)

IowaSkirtGirl

I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Melody

Quote from: HeatherB on January 01, 2012, 02:10:34 PMI'm awake and pretty well functioning. Starting my new year right by getting off my keister and going to church. Today is the 1st day we're going to 1 service on Sundays instead of an am and pm. Should be interesting.....

It feels odd or even less spiritual at first when adjusting but now I absolutely love it.  It's like everyone gives more in the 1 service and then it's an actual day of rest and good fellowship.  :thumbsup2:

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 01, 2012, 07:05:46 PM
When we did the OK meetup, we all just pitched in on ingredients and I cooked the food there at the cabin.   Saved money that way.  That could be done if y'all did the meet up at the Petit Jean state park and got a cabin or something. ;)
*LIKE*
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I'll bring the bread, mayo, mustard and butterball turkey.  And some dutch cocoa for the chocolate gravy. 

But would NewLife, Newsman and minni be able to make it?
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

The family decided to adjourn to the local chinese (well, asian-ish anyway) buffet for lunch.  Now I think I will celebrate this next part of New Year's Day ALN style. 
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!