News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Time to get thrifty in Sharing Four-Fifty!

Started by MsJennJenn, November 16, 2011, 04:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

Fair enough. I don't live on the board so if it gets pages away from keeping up I tend to skip them. No need to get snippy. Plus you would have seen me, know the make and model of my vehicle, and my tag number and therefore my address. And we all know how you feel about that  :updown:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

No snippy, just replying and explaining.

If you live in TN/VA (wait, your house straddles the state line?) have you ever been to the Barter Theater? 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

IowaSkirtGirl

Here's a mini version of what's happened in the last few days, some of you have background on some of this some of you don't.
*My boyfriend told me he loves me for the first time.
*We had a small dinner get together here Friday night. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.
*My Thanksgiving was surprisingly pleasant. I gave myself ample prayer time before I dove into being with "the fam". My Nan (my mom's mom) gave me a Christmas Cactus. It made me cry, but that's a whole nother post.
*Roomie's son's dad and I and Roomie had a long heart to heart about what she's going to do if I ever do move out.  Hopefully it changes some things.
*Roomie went up for alter call again this morning. She's seriously considering getting baptized.
*It's been one year (Sunday after Thanksgiving 2010) since I was baptized.

Oh and Roomie's cat is sick still. I have been giving him the meds the vet told me too...but he just doesn't seem to want to get better..poor Beefers.
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Lynx

Some thoughts from my travels:

WEDNESDAY:
***Man I hate driving.  I want to be THERE already!  Driving is a waste of time I could use doing other things.  If anyone wants to invent a teleporter, I'm waiting impatiently for it.
***If you're on the road and you're hungry, it can be fun to take a random exit from the freeway and try one of the restaurants there.  I don't mean a McDonald's or Arby's, I mean one of the local restaurants.  Just be sure to remember which exit it was so you can hit the really good restaurants again next trip.
***If your brother was 16 when you saw him last time and he's 19 now, you have to expect him to look a bit different.  I knew this, but it was still a shock. 
***The Opryland Hotel is still just as pretty and just as expensive.  A nice place to vi$it, but I $ure am glad we're only $taying two day$.  And I sure am glad I brought provisions and Shoney's is right across the street.
***The Opryland Hotel covers a lot of ground and a lot of that ground is straight-line hallways, good for racing.  There is also an area called the Conservatory that has very winding paths, good for broken-field racing.  Unfortunately my brother is physically very fast.  Also unfortunately, I overdid it and I think I pulled a muscle or three in my lower calf.  (cue cow/calf jokes from Seth here)
***More than 2,000 young apostolic people in one room, in one accord, is an awesome thing.

THURSDAY
***Ow.  When you do stupid things to strain a leg muscle the day before, Opryland Hotel is not the place to be.  It takes a good ten minutes to walk from one end to the other, and that's for a healthy guy who knows where he's going.  For a gimpy guy it takes a good bit longer.  At least I knew where I was going.  I don't know what I'd have done if I had to walk around the whole place trying to figure out where everything was.
***Shoney's still has those really good peaches on the breakfast bar.  A smiling waitress who acts as if she's happy to see you even if she's having to work on Thanksgiving day is a great person who deserves a bigger tip.
***More than 1,500 young apostolic people in one room, in one accord, is an... wait, 1,500?  Hmm, must have been a lot of people staying up late to talk.  Odd, it seemed more guys than girls were up and at church Thursday morning.  Yup, staying up late talking is definitely the problem here.
***The kids in our youth group had a great idea - Hide-and-seek in the Opryland Hotel.  It's such a big place you could sit in a hallway for an hour and the person who's "it" wouldn't find you unless he knew which hallway you were in.  Unfortunately they kept putting it off... We have things to see, we'll do it tomorrow... The girls who slept in instead of joining us for breakfast at Shoney's are now hungry and want to get lunch... We have shopping to do, we'll do it after church tonight... They never did get it done, and this is our last year at Opryland Hotel.  Pity, it was such a good idea for that place.  Especially at night - even with all the walkway lights, it's harder to identify people by sight at night.
***More than 2,000 young apostolic people in one room, in one accord is sufficiently awesome to cause a service where God moves in and the preacher never even gets to preach.

FRIDAY
***I still hate driving.  Whomever is inventing that teleporter, hurry up.
***My mother has a boyfriend named Randall who lives in Pennsylvania.  He has been her guy for more than four years now, but I just met him for the first time last Friday.  He is one neat dude.  Not the most outgoing guy in the world but friendly in a quiet way.  He has the quick wit to keep up with Mom's wit, the sense of humor to appreciate jokes and make them, and the intelligence and education to get jokes that lesser intellects wouldn't get.
***16 people around one table is just too many people.  The food and conversation were good though.  Mom, Randall and Jessica (my sister) analyzed it afterward for a long time though, speculating who might not have enjoyed it and why, we shouldn't have invited him AND her to the same dinner, we should have tried to keep conversation going in this corner, etc.  Oh well, I guess it's better to dissect your own possible mistakes than dissect the people who came to your dinner.
***Happiness is a cat purring beside you as you go to sleep.

SATURDAY
***A niece who passes out at around 9pm will get up at a downright unconscionable hour the next day.  To compound the problem, in winter you don't have an air conditioner running, so all sounds are much easier to hear from anywhere in the house.  I gave up and got up. 
***My niece really likes to cook but modern non-stick skillets are very unhealthy for you, so I got her an old-fashioned answer - two cast-iron skillets which I had already seasoned for a few hours.  She made a pan of cornbread on the spot.  Wait... whole wheat cornbread?  Eh, why not?  And it actually was fairly good, especially with a bit of onion.
***Caffeine is an ever-present help in time of lack of sleep.  Especially when you have to do a lot of driving.
***Have I mentioned how much I hate long periods of driving?  Well I do, but the one thing I hate worse is being stuck in traffic, usually at a dead stop, moving just often enough so I can't put it in park and take a nap.  They had a big car wreck that shut down all three lanes on I-40 and backed up traffic for more than 15 miles.  Thank God for three things:  I was not in any particular rush, I had plenty of gas and most importantly that I was one of the people stuck in traffic instead of in one of the cars that caused the problem. 
***The Waffle House just west of Nashville is a great place.  I stopped in to get something I could eat on the road.  After deliberating I asked them to make me an omelette, but put it between the slices of toast that it was supposed to come with - an omelette sandwich - and slice it in four.  The cook took it in stride, and even tweaked it a bit further by putting the cheese on the bread instead of in the omelette, thus effectively gluing the whole thing together so it wouldn't fall apart when I was eating it on the road.   
***After a long trip, coming home and finding leftover duck dressing in the fridge is a great thing.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

IowaSkirtGirl:  Glad to hear so many good things.  Congratulations on the guy telling you he loves you.   :great:
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

So I got a phone call during rehearsal this evening and apparently one of my old drivers from AZ is giving me a car  :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

Shocked does not cover it.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

You're still a bunch of weirdos.

Went to church at Handy. 

It was a bit after 4 when that was over, so I went on to the south side Kroger and got gas, and got something to eat.  And then went to church at Sanders at 5.  Some people from Sanders, among other places, had been there at Handy.  I hadn't been to Sanders for a long while and they missed me.  At least some of them anyways.  More do than don't maybe, so I'm still ahead..lol

Came home.  Eating a RBB.

Need to tend fowl...ugh...wet and dark....blah.

Chseeads

Oh, and furthermore, I'm going to have to get some new pants, mine will not stay up, I'm constantly having to pull them up everytime I move, and I look like I'm wearing a tent.

I couldn't shout if I wanted to, my britches would fall off.  :freaky:

IowaSkirtGirl

Chseeads

Chseeads

Goodwill is a good idea though....might find some cheap deals there...maybe...if I could find something in my size....which I'm not exactly sure what size will be best at this point... 

Have to try them on and get crabs or something.... :o

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

IowaSkirtGirl

Roomie is reading me bad jokes...it's funny!

Chseeads

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

I bet a BBW would take care of that.....  :freaky:

mini

You cant even get a date, let alone a BBW.  *cough*

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on November 28, 2011, 03:25:14 AM
You cant even get a date, let alone a BBW.  *cough*
Maybe if he got a BBW, he'd be able to get a date...... :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Now now boys, be nice.  Just for a change, just to see what it feels like.  You never know, you may like it. 

Quote from: HeatherB on November 28, 2011, 01:21:21 AM
So I got a phone call during rehearsal this evening and apparently one of my old drivers from AZ is giving me a car  :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

Shocked does not cover it.....
I know the feeling.  It's been a long time since a minister in the church walked up to me one Sunday night and said "God told me three times this week that I should give you this car" but part of me still can't quite believe it.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Chseeads

I wasn't suggesting one for me, I was suggesting one for you.

I don't need one...at least not until after I try on people's dirty pants at Goodwill.

Roscoe

Nighty-night, y'all.. I's a tired Roscoe and mawning comes early 'roud heah..... :waving:

Chseeads

I'm going to attempt to pray myself up and go tend the fowl.

The Purple Fuzzy