News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Time to get thrifty in Sharing Four-Fifty!

Started by MsJennJenn, November 16, 2011, 04:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Chseeads on November 26, 2011, 03:26:28 PM
I'll have to find something else to crawl in.

maybe you should get a doghouse...

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Chseeads

SippinTea

I'm voting for caves. My freight cave at the bookstore years ago was quite lovely. And provided a lovely welcome relief from horrid customers. ;)

So I ended up going Black Friday shopping after all. *lol* Mom called yesterday morning and said she was coming to "kidnap" me and the boys (Chris was at work) to go shopping, and have lunch with them. So I ended up getting some warm shirts for my honey (he's been wearing summer t-shirts and saying he's fine, but then keep telling me how cold he is *lol*). Texas boys apparently think they can dress like Texas boys in the rest of the country. ;) Anyhow. So I bought him some long-sleeved warm shirts for this winter.

The boys and I haven't been getting out a whole lot. Sharing one car when dad works 30 minutes away definitely has its drawbacks. *shrug* But we're attempting to make up for it by causing trouble at home. ;) I'm thinking we should decorate our tree on Monday or so. :bigcheese: That would be a lovely surprise for Scrooge when he gets home from work! :bigcheese: (Seriously, it cracks me up to watch the interchanges between Chris and the boys. His Scrooge stuff is quite hilarious when it's accompanied by a big twinkle in his eye, and the boys are hopping around calling him all sorts of names from Puddleglum and Scrooge to Eeyore. *grin* It's all for effect, and they all love it.)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Melody

Seth, does folks' blood not clot & slow down bleeding up there like the rest of the world?  LOL

Making our thanksgiving dinner today. Definitely going to have to break out the girdle tomorrow!  LOL shush

SippinTea

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Roscoe

Wow. I nearly let a day go by without posting on gp! Can't have that.  :o

It's a cloudy rainy boring cold day. Nothing to do. I can't cook because we got tons of leftovers. My Razorbacks lost to LSU last night. And I'm jealous because the Porters got to meet up with Mellow Yellow and her family- again- and we weren't there. Life ain't fair sometimes. :cry2:

Y'all go back to your posting, don't be concerned about me. I'll be in the corner having a pity party. Woe is me......
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

If she's a riot, somebody please bring the pepper spray... :smirk2:

Yes, a lot of bleeding stops normally on it's own...but then there are of course certain injuries and conditions that make bleeding hard to control. 

Went to grandma's and did some yard work. 

Eating a RBB.

MelodyB

John...what about Katie Futch? Did you meet her? She is a really sweet gal. And a good friend of mine.

I'm at church, prepping for tomorrow morning. Got some stuff to print out and an email to write and send to my Innergize crew. I should have done it on Wednesday. Ugh. Holidays. Put a person behind.

:hi:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Blame it on the holidays...whatever, you're just slow. 

My back/hips and other things hurt.  Ooch.

Grandma kept saying next week she would rake those leaves up in the yard...Lord.....if it did this to me, (this is not the only factor in my aches and pains, but I think it's a contributor), then what in the world would it do to a little old 96 year old woman?!  lol  :roll:

15 years ago today is when I got baptized. 

I think I need a redo.  I've been mean the last couple days...or so...*cough*

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Quote from: Chseeads on November 26, 2011, 11:39:40 PM
15 years ago today is when I got baptized. 

I think I need a redo.  I've been mean the last couple days...or so...*cough*

You have been consistent...I mean I joined in 2004 and you haven't changed a bit... *cough*
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

Heather

One of the worst gallbladder attacks I've ever had. Probably #2 on the scale of the worst. Thank God Brandon was here.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

Glad you're ok Heather!

Seth, you don't have early arthritis in your back/hips do you?

Everybody's in bed.  I am having a hard time leaving my warm spot in front of the fireplace when it's still burning.  Can't stand the thought of wasting the wood.

Gonna make some turkey tettrazini tomorrow out if some leftover turkey.  You guys make any favorite dishes out of leftovers? Maybe I should start another thread...

Chseeads

Lynx

Heather:  OUCH!  Sorry to hear that, I know those are a world of pain. 

MellowYellow:  Just send the leftovers my way.  I'm a scavenger at heart and leftovers don't usually last long with me, especially leftover turkey.  But we usually don't have leftover turkey, just leftover lots-of-other-stuff.  Unfortunately we don't have much of anything leftover this year, just a bucket of turkey and dressing... which is going to disappear soon enough. :D

In other news:  Went to Youth Retreat, went to visit Mom in east TN, came home.  I'd relate some details but I gotta take a shower and get ready for church. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Morning all. I'm at work. Fretting about tonight.... Bro Wilson's sick, so I get to afflict the local assembly. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

I am wondering if we even have practice today. I'm at church, just me and Jesus apparently. Practice starts in 7 mins and so far, no one showed.

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on November 27, 2011, 02:04:46 PM
Morning all. I'm at work. Fretting about tonight.... Bro Wilson's sick, so I get to afflict the local assembly. :P

It could be worse, i'm sure.  LOL
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Heather

Isaac-You came to East Tennessee and didn't tell me? I see how it is.

After my gallbladder attack last night I WAY overslept and woke up with an atrocious back twinge with morning. I have rehearsal later so I'll miss church this evening too. I'm getting really disenheartened with this play and how things are being ran. The music director changes multiple things EVER rehearsal then gets upset when we don't know the part she thinks she gave us. When in actuality she gave us a different part.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

You need to ban (or is the word band? Neither way looks right to me now that I've typed it.... :-? ) together as the cast and slap her.  :smirk2:

Maybe it's just bind.  Shoot, who knows. 
And who cares.  :smirk2:

w2cch

I have gas...or something....achey lower belly off and on the last few days....  Along with the hips/back ache from other stuff...  And I'm sure strained muscles from my cistern entrapment and other lifting, bending, etc. that I've done lately doesn't help any of the above matters.  :smirk2: :-?

I need to catch a goose and get it ready for somebody to pick up.  And I guess I may go to an afternoon service at Handy here in a bit....  Bro. Hardin from Pine Grove called and invited me to a dinner after their morning service today (which I didn't go on up there for that) and then to the service over at Handy.  His caregiver (Bro. Hardin is in a wheelchair due to an auto accident 8 years ago) that was with him that last time he came down to our church back in October is getting baptized today, they're going to do that at the service at Handy.  (The actual name of the church now is Souls Matter Apostolic Church, but originally it was Handy Pentecostal Church for years, when the building was just down the road around the corner, and then they built the new building 15 years ago and named it Truth Apostolic Tabernacle, and then in the past year or so the pastor resigned and the new pastor changed it to the current name....but to anybody that's been around here forever, you always just think of it as "Handy."  [Handy is the name of the community there, and the road that the old church was on.]

How's that for lots of useless trivia?  :P

I was actually the first person baptized in the new building there 15 years ago yesterday, as I mentioned in part last eve.  We went over there to use their baptistry as we didn't have one at the time.  We had always just baptized in the creek, or wherever (another church's baptistry, or wherever there was water :P ), and that just happened to be the place I kinda picked to go at the time.

Anyways. 

Lynx

Quote from: HeatherB on November 27, 2011, 04:31:48 PM
Isaac-You came to East Tennessee and didn't tell me? I see how it is.
I made no secret of the matter.  I mentioned it multiple times in the sharing threads alone.

In other matters, I just got the recipe for an egg custard pie.  I'm going to try it out for tonight's after-church meet-and-eat, but with a couple of changes.  I usually try a recipe the way it is written the first time through - then I know what I want to tweak the second time - but this time I'm trying it for the first time, but adding cocoa to make a chocolate egg custard pie.  Then I'll put cream cheese icing on it.

While it's cooking I'll get tonight's Children's Church lesson together and maybe post my thoughts about all my travels last week.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: