News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Time to get thrifty in Sharing Four-Fifty!

Started by MsJennJenn, November 16, 2011, 04:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Went to church....quite the ordeal....

Went to get grandma, when she went to get in the car, she hit her shin on the corner of the door and tore a big piece of hide loose.  She normally gets in the backseat, and the door is shaped different without the pointy corner at the bottom...but mom didn't go cause my nephew and them had come later in the day and were still here.... By the time she said she hit it and thought she cut it, she already had blood running down to her shoe.

So we went in and cleaned up blood, held paper towels on it, yadda yadda yadda...

She called my cousin to have her stop the bleeding.  That kind of creeps me out and I don't know what I think of it....her other grandma, my dad's sister, used to do that do and passed it on to her....  (For those not familiar with that, that means they don't have to be present, it's just something that they do wherever they're at, and can do it for people or animals.)

Anyways, it was slowing down and I bandaged it over with Neosporin on it and papertowels and tape...  We went on to church, were late and I called church on the way and let them know I was coming so they wouldn't all wonder what happened or turn around and go home. lol 

When we came home I took the bandage off and my aunt (that lives next door to grandma) came over and we debated if she needed to go have it seen to or not....  The skin was just gaped open was the main thing....  We ended up deciding to just bandage it up for the night, and my aunt brought over some gauze and more tape and I doctored it up better than it had been, pulling the wound closed better than it was.  Which I think is pretty much what they would've done at the ER....they'd have taped it or glued it

Anyways....that was my excitement for the day.

Seth Eads, M.D.

Chseeads

Everybody get trampled to death in a Black Friday sale?  :eyebrow:

The Purple Fuzzy

taco_harvell

Went to Wal-Mart at around 4:30 yesterday and people where already in there with buggies full of stuff that went on sale sometime this morning. I ain't that crazy, and Wal-Mart ain't got nothing I want that bad unless they gonna give me some of the money they make.

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my beautiful fiancee'!!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

I'm here....Poor Lou had to work this morning in that madhouse they call Walmart. She wants me to go by and pick up a few of their sale specials, the ones that people didnt trample the doors for, but are still a good deal. Sadly, I just don't want to deal with people today. I might later.....
Got up this morning and washed up the remainder of the pots and pans from dinner last night. I was a bit of a slug last night and figured they could wait. I also swept and mopped the living room/dining roon/kitchen area as well, so Lou should be happy.
Now I'm veggin'.... :teeth:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Gonna go to the church and put out the Christmas decor I suppose and clean a bit, waiting on the roofing guys to get there at around 3:30.

SippinTea

Wait, what?!? She can stop the bleeding without BEING there? No wonder you're creeped out. :o Aside from the obvious answer of praying for someone... which you apparently do not mean... uhhh... wow. :o Now you've got me creeped out. Thanks, Cheese. :pound:

Belated Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! :hi:

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Chseeads

Yeah, I don't know if it's anything more than an old wive's tale sort of thing, or if there's really something to it, and if there is something to it, is it of the devil or of God or what...lol  :freaky:

Part of the whole thing is they can't talk about how they do it.  I think it's more of a regional thing, so some no doubt, such as yourself have never heard tell of such a thing.  lol  And it's also an "old timey" thing. 

I remember one time when I was a kid they were dehorning cows at my uncle's across the road here, and they cut one of them's horn off, and that thing squirted blood like a water sprinkler, I mean absolute literally squirting a stream of blood out of its head up in the air.  I remember them saying they needed to call my aunt and have her stop it, but I can't remember if they did and she did or what....  I know it eventually stopped, cause I don't recall it bleeding to death, but I don't remember how long it took to quit or how it did. LOL

Chseeads

And it seems like I recall one of my other aunts talking about my cousin's dog I think it was, having it's toenail cut in the quick and wouldn't quit bleeding and they had my aunt stop it.  :smirk2:

If you Google "Blood stopping" there are a few things that talk about it, not a lot...  I saw some stuff that said there are more than one way that people have been reported to have done it, but one of the more common ones involves reading Ezekiel 16:6, possibly replacing the word "thee" with the bleeding person's name, and doing this while walking toward the east....  There's variations of it. 

I don't know what it is my aunt and cousin did/do, cause of the whole can't talk about it thing....  When grandma called my cousin last night she said "Okay, I'll work on it."  And then in a few minutes called back to see if it was still bleeding and it still was a little bit and she said, "Okay, I'll work on it some more." 

IowaSkirtGirl

I did "Black and White" Friday...but that's nothing special just another day with my Holstein friends.

Got to see my Nan (my mom's mom) yesterday and my uncle who is also my boss was at my mom's for Thanksgiving. It was actually great to see everyone try and get alone. I had a pretty good time other than trying to get to sleep last night...
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

* MelodyB is jealous.

:(

Re: "stop the bleeding" when you text me that yesterday, I didnt quite know what you meant! I thought she gave instructions over the phone or whatever and you got it to stop.

Now that I see a bit more clearly...I'm creeped out as well.

Thanks. :smirk2:

Thanksgiving was awesome! Food, fun and family fellowship...now I am at *gasp* WM!

Had to get some perscriptions for dad and run a few errends or I would NOT have ventured here today.

:hi:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

i survived black friday!! ok not in the sense youre thinking. i went to work  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

SippinTea

Quote from: HeatherB on November 26, 2011, 02:00:11 AM
i survived black friday!! ok not in the sense youre thinking. i went to work  :cool:

You deserve *megahugs* for that one! Surviving it working or surviving it as a shopper... well, as far as my own experience, it's ALWAYS worse to try to survive the day working. Ugh! :-?

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on November 25, 2011, 08:36:50 PM

Re: "stop the bleeding" when you text me that yesterday, I didnt quite know what you meant! I thought she gave instructions over the phone or whatever and you got it to stop.

Now that I see a bit more clearly...I'm creeped out as well.

Glad to be of assistance, ladies!

:P

Well...went to the church and did as I said....  Stupid roofers came....I stood out there while they were working on it....just replacing about 12 single shingles on a ridge/hip of the roof....  With shingles I provided them, we have a stash of some extras.  I wasn't standing where I could see exactly what they were doing, I assumed they had sense enough to do what they were supposed to.

After they left I went over to where I could see, and they put the stupid shingles on backwards....the part that is supposed to be covered up is what they put showing....that is not the same color as the rest of the shingles on the whole entire roof....I don't know why in the world they did not put them on with the ride end facing out....You'd think roofers would be able to tell the top from the bottom of a shingle....Ugh. Dummies.  So I may call the roofing place and complain.  Morons.  Shoot.

Chseeads

EVERYTHING I TYPE TONIGHT I MAKE SOME KIND OF STUPID TYPO IN IT!!!!!!  Right end...bah....

I am tired, and mad, and mean. 

Lynx

I'm still alive, just busy.  Drove a few hours to get myself and my brother back to mom's house.  Tomorrow I'll drive even more hours to get back home. 

In other news, Thanksgiving dinner was held here today.  I thought it was going to be a family dinner.  Well it was... a few families.  Mom, me, bro, sis, my niece, mom's boyfriend and three other couples, two of them with kids of their own.  Too many people.  The cat went nuts.  He's cranky by nature so he was mega-stressed tonight.  If he had been a friendly cat by nature I'd have felt sorry for him.

Youth Retreat was great by the way.  You all missed out big-time.  When a room full of more than 2,000 pentecostals experiences one of "those" services where God takes over and the preacher doesn't even get to preach, it's awesome!

And I bought 7 CDs at the PPH booth. :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Quote from: taco_harvell on November 25, 2011, 03:17:15 PM
Went to Wal-Mart at around 4:30 yesterday and people where already in there with buggies full of stuff that went on sale sometime this morning. I ain't that crazy, and Wal-Mart ain't got nothing I want that bad unless they gonna give me some of the money they make.
My thoughts exactly.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

Went to Oklahoma. Came home.   :P @Seth.

Home.  Such a nice word.

Home again, home again, I'm a fat pig... err...

Every time I  tried to post today, I would lose the signal.

The Porters are awesome. Again. They make Oklahoma a little more palatable.  Definitely people you hope to know forever.  We were talking about how cool it is that Gp is full of so many great people. Certainly not like an avg forum. 

Thanksgiving was great.   Wonderful food & fellowship.  It's such a blessing to have a family member in church.  My aunty is my hero.   Andrew was exceptionally comfortable & acted all kinds of silliness. From imitating black preachers to British accents.  They get it ALL from Nathan.   :hypocrite:

God's so good!

Newsman

Jeremy,
   Thanks!

Bob,
   You better be at _least_ a decent shot, as a Rangemaster! :)

Lady Melodya,
   Glad y'all had a good time: I still hope to meet y'all some day. I have a couple of KC area possibilities in December.

Seth,
   Strange on the blood stopping thing.

Lady Melody,
   Katie Futch.

John  :waving:

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 26, 2011, 06:56:35 AM
The Porters are awesome. Again. They make Oklahoma a little more palatable.  Definitely people you hope to know forever.  We were talking about how cool it is that Gp is full of so many great people. Certainly not like an avg forum. 

Thanksgiving was great.   Wonderful food & fellowship.  It's such a blessing to have a family member in church.  My aunty is my hero.   Andrew was exceptionally comfortable & acted all kinds of silliness. From imitating black preachers to British accents.  They get it ALL from Nathan.   :hypocrite:

Thanks!  Andrew cracks me up...he is the most curious person in the world.  Unfortunately, he didn't get to sing at the table in a British accent.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

so i finally met APB's dad and set foot inside his house. his dad has multiple health issues and they are very self-conscious about their house.

my actually thanksgiving was just a hot mess.

my make-up thanksgiving dinner was better last night.

doing laundry and assisting my parents in there quest to shop local business's today. my mom the hipster.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

I just want to go crawl in a hole....

No, wait I did that the other day, and it is NOT as fun as people make it sound like.... :freaky:

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

I'll have to find something else to crawl in.