News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

We Bid a Fond Farewell to Kevin in Sharing 487

Started by mini, September 09, 2013, 09:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

lol  GP Morning silliness makes me smile.  :biglaugh:

Yet oh so true.  I have things I need to never consume again but sometimes I'm just plain carnal and act like God's really fine with me trashing my body but don't want to hear about I caused the consequences of it.  LOL  God is so kind.  I tell myself that I'm just being balanced and not legalistic with food... lol  We're all human.

Half cloudy humid day here today.  I pulled out all our winter clothes.  How can I have clothes and still hardly anything to wear?  It's like I have random things that don't go together. LOL  Wish women's apparel was as simple as mens' sometimes. 

But with cold weather comes....

KNEE SOCKS!!!  I love me some cozy- fun patterned knee socks. 

Backseat Radio

Checked my cell phone a few minutes ago to discover a message from mom informing me that my grandmother fell this morning and had to have 911 come help her back up.   :sadbounce:

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on October 01, 2013, 02:52:00 PM

Glad I dont have knee socks.  Them dudes would be long if they were to reach my knees... LOL
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on October 01, 2013, 05:24:34 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on October 01, 2013, 02:52:00 PM

Glad I dont have knee socks.  Them dudes would be long if they were to reach my knees... LOL
I'd be able to use em for pants...:sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Quote from: mini on October 01, 2013, 01:08:21 PM
Keep up with the Dr Pepper and fast food and you will have a gut...feeling...

:ugly:

I had a different type of fast food related gut feeling today.... the gut wrenching feeling of discovering my purse was still at KFC.  Thankfully someone at KFC found it and tucked it in the office for me until I could return to retrieve the purse.

I'd like one purse to go please  :P

Newsman

Hmmppphhhh!!!!!n Y'all all need investigated!

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Newsman on October 01, 2013, 11:02:25 PM
Hmmppphhhh!!!!!n Y'all all need investigated!

Not seen or been in one of those in a long time  :hypocrite:

Lynx

I'm in St. Louis, MO, at General Conference.  I kinda thought General Conference would not be as ear shattering loud as Youth Conference or Youth Retreat.  For the youth, they turn it up for the hype factor, right?  But I brought a pair of earplugs just in case.  Sure am glad I brought them. 

Some sound man is deaf, and by the end of this week a lot more people probably gonna be deaf...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

That loud of volume would drive me crazy too.  My church is small enough that we don't even us the mic or sound system on Sunday night and Wednesday night.

The Purple Fuzzy

I can't STAND it when it's too loud.  It hurts my ears and I can't get a thing out of the service.

SippinTea

Isaac - move to a different section for tonight. :) Sounds like you were in a "hot spot".

Oh, and my brother and cousin are there, so wave at them, okay? :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Melody

I always wondered how that worked?  I only have seen this with older people. Seems like the same older folks that are hard of hearing are the ones complaining it's too loud. Lol

Muggy day today but it started off hilarious with an impression of EdBassmaster by the infamous Allen.   :great:

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm not hard of hearing.  Both Dina and I have very sensitive ears... she can't take the loud either.  Talia seems pretty sensitive, too.

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 02, 2013, 03:31:58 AM
I'm in St. Louis, MO, at General Conference.  I kinda thought General Conference would not be as ear shattering loud as Youth Conference or Youth Retreat.  For the youth, they turn it up for the hype factor, right?  But I brought a pair of earplugs just in case.  Sure am glad I brought them. 

Some sound man is deaf, and by the end of this week a lot more people probably gonna be deaf...

Besides that, how are you enjoying GC?

Chseeads

I'm tarred and wore out. 

Dad's been in the hospital since Sunday...  Long story short, he's got a bad case of swimmer's ear.  It can take old people a long time to get over.  Hopefully he's headed toward the better side of it now at least....

Yesterday I was going to get groceries but a woman threw up in the store as I had just started to shop and that did me in, I put back the few things I had and hastily left.  Ugh.  I still just feel scarred for life from that....plus all the hospital things and various afflictions.....my word....

Been to Bedford today and mom stopped at the doctor's office for something and to the feed store and grocery store...  Eating something now, then we'll go to the hospital. 

Lord, help us all. 

SippinTea

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 02, 2013, 06:31:04 PM
I'm not hard of hearing.  Both Dina and I have very sensitive ears... she can't take the loud either.  Talia seems pretty sensitive, too.

My mom has super sensitive ears, and so does Sean. They both seem to need earplugs even when it's normal levels for the rest of us. And I'm definitely not someone who turns music up so loud it's damaging. I could see where my Dad has significant hearing loss from all the years in construction and whatnot. But I don't think the rest of the family would really have an "excuse". I guess some people just have ultra-sensitive ears. It's been really frustrating for my mom, I know.

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Newsman

Backseat Radio

Got word this afternoon that my Grandma is in the hospital with a compression fracture in her L1 vertebrae from the fall she took yesterday morning.  Sounds like she's in for another surgery and rehab stay.   :sadbounce:

Ended up with a Red Tailed Hawk in the lawn and garden department at work.  Don't know how they got it back out of the store.

Lynx

Quote from: SippinTea on October 02, 2013, 04:17:08 PM
Isaac - move to a different section for tonight. :) Sounds like you were in a "hot spot".

Oh, and my brother and cousin are there, so wave at them, okay? :)

I know what you mean, but unfortunately there were no cool spots.  The sound man was half deaf, but he was very good at evenly covering the auditorium.  Covered loudly, but covered evenly.

As to your relatives, how will I recognize them?
Quote from: MellowYellow on October 02, 2013, 06:43:32 PM
Besides that, how are you enjoying GC?
Pretty good.  David K. Bernard preached the first night on "In the name."  In the business meeting this morning we had a bit of debate (okay, 2.5 hours of debate...) over the whole TV/media resolution, but at the end of it the person who was directing the business meeting made a point of saying "Don't go home saying "We lost this one" or "We won a great victory over them."  We're all on the same side, AGAINST worldliness."  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Backseat Radio on October 02, 2013, 10:00:48 PM
Got word this afternoon that my Grandma is in the hospital with a compression fracture in her L1 vertebrae from the fall she took yesterday morning.  Sounds like she's in for another surgery and rehab stay.   :sadbounce:
Praying..

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 02, 2013, 03:31:58 AM

Hope you are enjoying G.C.... And I know what you mean. PEAK is always so loud, I've quit going. It's worse than shooting a .357 snubnose without ear protection.

And in sharing/whining from my end...Had computer problems last night which took forever to troubleshoot...turned out they changed my dial-up password and didn't tell me, the morons. Second time they've done that. :pound: Then today was range day again. Firing a pistol is NOT a smart thing to do when you can't raise your left arm without crying...it hurt. But now I'm happily high on pain meds, and fixing to go to church. So help me Lord if someone grabs my arm or punches it, you WILL hear of me on the news. I will shoot them with my pistol using my good arm and feel not the least bit bad.
Anyhoo.....see ya later. :hi:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Dad's had a rough day. If it's not one thing its another.  Lord help us. 

Heather

my car gave up the ghost today. thankfully brandon made me take his this morning since mine has been deemed 'unsafe for you to drive'. sure enough he barely got it home. last night it started to die everytime we turned right. i told him it just thought it was a nascar car. lol. it's died a few dozen times on him getting it home from work today. a drive that normally takes 20 minutes tops was around 45 minutes. hopefully we have found the part on ebay since the manufacturer has decided not to make them anymore [thanks Honda]. it's amazing what all computers control.....

i'm super frustrated with brandon and i's church. i've been told i'm pretty much permanently stuck in the media booth. which is awesome because that means I never get to worship or be a part of service and i can guarentee that Brandon will stop coming because he isn't exactly the best with social situations. and I can't go to the UPC church because I have no car......
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

Tell them.  They are probably trying to make you feel an important part without realizing your apprehensions. Just tell them. 

Lynx

Bobby I thought I told you how to deal with that kind of church service.  Take a pair of earplugs and cut them in half.  Color the cut-off end with a black sharpie marker.  They won't stick out of your ears so far and nobody will be able to see them.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe