News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

We Bid a Fond Farewell to Kevin in Sharing 487

Started by mini, September 09, 2013, 09:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quite the day....fall car show/swap meet with Uncle Ron and cousin, then to the motel to visit with them and aunts....just got home. Tomorrow I have nothing I have to do. Probably won't even go back to the mountain. Wouldn't do any good anyway, I'm too broke to buy anything. And of course this is the ONE time someone would bring something I want- a 1940's teardrop camper to pull behind Rusty- and price it attractively. Bah. I hate being broke. :pound:
Could be worse, at least the bills are paid.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

SippinTea

Haha! Heather beat me to it. I was just going to post.... I volunteer! but... she beat me. Oh the sadness. ;)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Lynx

I thought about saying something like that, but I have enough sweets around here to last (at my current rate of consumption) more than half a year.

Bro. Bobby:  A teardrop camper at a low price?  NO!  Take out a loan or something man!  Don't let that get away.
Oh well.  As you said, at least the bills are paid.  The glass is half full.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Backseat Radio

Roscoe

Woke up with my left shoulder hurting again. Bad. Seems like it happens every few months. No idea why, but lord. And it is  keeping me from doing much. I'm debating whether or not to go to the last day of the car show/swap meet.... it just don't seem right to have one and me not be there for every day..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Oh yeah... I forgot your phone doesn't get text messages too good when you're out in the boondocks at your house.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Bah. What appeared to be turning into a decent day just headed south. :mad: I had an old ham radio that I'd bought in a bunch of other things...decided I'd see why it didn't work. I found the problem, fixed it...had it working perfectly. I went to put the covers back on it, turned it on, and poof. Pretty smoke....apparently I pinched a wire somehow in putting all those tiny parts back together. Now my $300+ radio that I was gonna use as a back up or sell is either dead, or at the very least requiring some parts ordering...and now it might be past my abilities to repair. :sadbounce: Apparently it was already past my ability. :smirk:

Melody

Cleaned the church on this wonderfully rainy day. Just started some lunch and go ahead and making some pumpkin muffins or banana bread.

Lynx

Mowed the yard.  Now to take a shower and scare up something for lunch.  I'm thinking a sausage burger.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

So are you gonna go scare a pig to death?

Split sessions this morning was awesome. Service last night was amazing. As soon as it's loaded on YouTube I'll post the link. After lunch today we went and had worship/sign team in the mall. It was cool. Now I'm home. Brandon's neice is staying with us tonight. I've got a bit of homework and housework to do.

I hope everyone is having a blessed weekend!  :cool:

Roscoe

I'm now cooking....to continue my play by play today. :lol: Somebody gave me a "recipe" for a dessert that I couldn't resist trying. Chocolate chip cookie dough, rolled out and placed in a cake pan, oreo cookies layer over the dough, fudge brownie mix made up and spread over the concoction, then bake. Serve topped with vanilla ice cream. Should be about a gazillion calories per bite.. :fork:

And I'm thawing some porkchops that will be sliced and placed in a rice/flavoring/pasta blend skillet. Nothing fancy. And the rain isn't here yet.

** UPDATE*** The gazillion calorie dessert is deeeeeee-vine! I'm probably gonna go into a sugar induced coma after that piece, though. But what a way to go... :P

Backseat Radio

I'm off work for the night  :clap2:  probably take the cheat way on getting food tonight and just order it. Hate cooking for 1.

Lynx

Sausage burger:  Sausage meat made into a patty about the size of a standard burger, fried and eaten the way you would usually eat a burger.  Pre-formed burger patties won't work.  For the record, sausage burgers are very good on whole wheat sourdough bread, with some mayo and dill mustard. 

Bobby:  You're unnervingly close to what I'm making for the church dinner tomorrow.  Crust of crushed chocolate cookies, bottom layer of homemade chocolate pudding, middle layer of light chocolate, whipped topping and cream cheese, top layer the rest of the whipped topping.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 28, 2013, 09:27:08 PM
I'll have to make those. :hypocrite:
Make sure you have insulin, or a medical professional, or both handy. Lord, that's rich.. :lol: But divine... I may cut it into "bars" and let Lou take them to church for potluck, sans my beloved ice cream.

The Purple Fuzzy

Newsman

I didn't see my wife today  :sadbounce:

Y'all all giver Bobby a hard time!

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on September 29, 2013, 04:28:32 AM
I didn't see my wife today  :sadbounce:

Y'all all giver Bobby a hard time!
:pound: :pound: I already have a hard time. No need to give me another, it'd be redundant.

And in sharing- back at work. Arm still hurts. And it is raining. Bah.

Lynx

Oh... well, we don't want that.  I've already had the Department of Redundancy Department on my back... twice!  :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Good Morning  :hi:

Headed off to church here shortly.  I'm helping out in the teen class this morning. 

Heather

Read this morning about a church in Camden TN burning down last night. Preachers getting shot in the pulpit. It's getting to be those kind of days I suppose.

I've been put into the booth at our church. Meaning I won't get a single service to worship. I will always be running media unless somebody else [preferably 3 somebodies so we can all rotate] steps up. But where I've been going to UPC church in JC at least I get a chance every now and then to worship and be a part of service. Sis Burton is finishing family conference this afternoon. Then we are having a dinner after.

Here's the link to TPOJC's YouTube page for video from family conference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_-L-xMoNig&feature=share&list=UUyrUuF06P72LHuxeaPEWMgA

The Purple Fuzzy