News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

We Bid a Fond Farewell to Kevin in Sharing 487

Started by mini, September 09, 2013, 09:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Praying for your dad Seth.  And you too taco.

And in other news, I have sausage cooking for sausage gravy and biscuits fixing to go in the oven...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

And in other news, I have sausage cooking for sausage gravy and biscuits fixing to go in the oven...

We'll be right over. It's "breakfast with the pastor" Saturday, isn't it?  :P

Chseeads

Chseeads

Dad's deal may be a shingles type of thing. My sister asked them about that last week.

Backseat Radio

Quote from: MellowYellow on October 05, 2013, 02:08:18 PM

We'll be right over. It's "breakfast with the pastor" Saturday, isn't it?  :P

Sounds good to me too  :fork:

Roscoe

Hmmf. "Breakfast with the pastor" apparently was "conceal said breakfast from Roscoe." :pound: Peasants. Chey and I took a short ride in Rusty, with her making me stop so she could pick tiger lillies and whatever other late summer/early fall wildflowers she could find. After getting back home, while she played with the neighbor kids, I played with my forlorn, abandoned Studebaker.
Nearly four years ago, I pulled the old car into the rv port and switched it off, just for the weekend. Then I had to go out of town, then Daddy, who was helping me redo the old thing, died, and I just lost the heart to mess with it. I've gone out a couple of times and cranked it, but never got it running..
Today, I decided to see what I could do. Nearly changed my mind when I opened the door to discover a four foot long SNAKESKIN in the floorboard- but after a little caution, it appeared that the former occupant of that skin had left long ago. I discovered the fuel filter was cracked- this was discovered when it let fuel spill onto the distributer, starting a fire.  :o Fortunantly, I was able to put it out without anything being burned, but it DID raise my heart rate a bit.  :P Long story short, I was successful in getting the ole girl to run again. It sure was good to hear it settle into its usual  whisper quiet idle. Now, I need to get off'n my butt and paint it. And several other things..
And now, Lou is in bed, Chey is at Grandmas since Lou and I both have to work tomorrow, and it is currently raining like the proverbial cow-on-the-flat-rock.
Having bored all of you to tears- GO HOGS, BEAT MEL'S GATORS! And goodnight. :waving:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Mom called me a bit ago and gave me a hilarious YouTube clip to watch

7 Tuba Pileup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STB7PsAHqj4&feature=share

Heather

House sitting this weekend. Bought my wedding dress today.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

If one more computer
Gives me one more bit of trouble
It will be sent
Through more than one wall

In other news, I'm finally home.  Before I left Dad's town I stopped by the Aldi there and racked up a lot of really good dark chocolate to take home.

General Conference was really good.  I can't say it was the best ever because it was the first ever GC I've attended, but it was good this year. 

About that issue you referred to MellowYellow - there were some real hard-liners on each side, and some snide comments I would not have expected from christians in my church, let alone ministers who should be holding themselves to a high standard of conduct.  Tempers were not improved by the convolutions of the process - we had the initial resolution which was discussed at great length, then an amendment to the proposed resolution which was also discussed at great length, then an amendment to the amendment which was also discussed... so we discussed and voted on the amendment to the amendment, then we discussed and voted on the amendment... and then someone else proposed another amendment, which we had to discuss and vote on... then we had to have another round of discussion about the original resolution...

It took so long for that one issue that after the final vote on the resolution more than half the ministers left to go get lunch, though we still had business to take care of.  The guy who was going to bring the next proposed resolution to the floor stopped and regarded all the people leaving, and commented mildly "an exodus only to be rivaled by the one seen in Egypt."

One thing Bro. Bernard noted, that should be mentioned here:  This was not a victory for some faction in the UPCI or a defeat for some group of ministers.  We are on the same side, against the influence of evil.  As he pointed out, when ministers disagree it is more than "I think this and you think that," we have a habit of saying "I 'feel' this way or that way" which implies "God told me this is right, so if you disagree you must be wrong and not in God's will."  We have to remember (and sometimes we all have to be reminded) that we are all on the same side here.  Just because we disagree does not mean some of us are wrong, apostate and downright evil, and just because the vote didn't go the way you thought it should does not mean you should turn in your membership card.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

Bro. Bernard is awesome and I'm Godly proud of what I was told of my pastor's input.  Sounds like it was a good step forward all around.

MsJennJenn

Maybe someone could share what the whole topic of discussion was which you're speaking of.
Your comments are all very vague.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

SippinTea

Discussions on standards aren't allowed here, Jenn. :)

BECCA!! *attackhug* Long time no see!

Sethers - what happened with the dog attack?  :o

Jason - Praying for you!

Isaac - Glad you had a good time at GC!

Heather - Hurray for wedding dresses! :bigcheese:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Melody

I sent her a PM.

So I'm exhausted. Very. But I keep waking up. Lol

Chseeads

Shrewby:  Regarding the dog attack, it was one of my client's dogs where I clean their yard.  Normally their dogs are always in the house, I've never even seen the dogs before.  I got there and walked around the house like normal, when I came around the back, the dogs, who were somewhere up around the deck apparently, started barking and came running...  I didn't think that was any big deal, normal reaction of a dog seeing someone.  I didn't see them until they came past the bushes up to where I was, it was a bigger dog like a golden retriever or something, and a small dog like a Boston terrier or something of that nature. 

It was the little one that was vicious...  It just ran straight at me, jumped up and bit the side of my leg below the knee.  I was shocked and didn't know what to do.  I automatically shoved it away.  Then I ran back up the few little steps that lead from the driveway into the back yard.  Then whoever was home called them back and they immediately went back to where they came from. 

It broke the skin, but it just pinched it through my pantleg...  The teeth did not puncture the fabric. 

It's like a dime sized spot.  Hopefully I don't have rabies..... :freaky:  I since the fabric was a buffer between it's mouth and my leg. 

Lynx

Sue them! Sue them! Sue them!  It's the American way! :D

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

We have a minister's conference coming up the 25th. It's called "Passing the Mantle" and it's open and free but most of all, powerful.  Any of you that have a passion for ministry, whether you are in it or going that direction, inviting you right here and now. :). Art Wilson is one of the speakers.

SippinTea

Yikes, Seth! Freaky. But don't worry, if you have rabies, Heather will help you out. :bigcheese:

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

Quote from: SippinTea on October 07, 2013, 04:35:38 AM
Yikes, Seth! Freaky. But don't worry, if you have rabies, Heather will help you out. :bigcheese:

I'll help him too. I saw how to handle that situation on "Old Yeller". :freaky2:  We'll pin him in the corn crib, then when he begins to go mad.......boom.  :hypocrite:

Morning all. I am at work sans Dr Pepper. For the second day, although yesterday was a cheat, I got a Coke. Today it's water.  :waving:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on October 06, 2013, 04:15:57 AM
I sent her a PM.

So I'm exhausted. Very. But I keep waking up. Lol

replied.

and seriously - GP has been around so long, that Scott's considered shutting it down.
surely we could have a discussion w/out reprimand. suppose that's the issue with having an open forum and not an invite-only one. Can't have healthy debates/discussions on topics we're all talking about in metaphors anyway! :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

hahahaha. funny thing is I go this coming Thursday to start my series of Rabies vaccinations. So when someone jokes if I bite I can say that yes I have literally had my rabies vax.

We finally decided on a 'theme/design' for our reception. I'm pretty excited about it.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Backseat Radio

glad I've got the next 2 days off to get caught up on stuff around my house

Roscoe

Lawd I am dragging this morning....Didn't sleep worth a flip last night. I saw every hour on the clock at one time or another. Oh well, I'll survive. :waving:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: :hi: I am a fan of Church's Chicken....freshly deep fried chicken tenders- yum. :fork: :fork: