News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

We Bid a Fond Farewell to Kevin in Sharing 487

Started by mini, September 09, 2013, 09:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Yo, Bro. Bobby, check it!
http://autos.yahoo.com/news/thousands-travel-neb-vintage-chevy-auction-151655435.html
Any bets on what Rusty would have been worth?  (Not that you'd sell him of course.)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

If he'd been at that auction, where people had more money than brains, probably $50k. :lol: That auction was obscene. People were buying the hype. Yes, many of the cars and trucks were "brand new" as in no miles- but 50+ years of Nebraska winters and springs, stored outside, left most of them as rusty hulks. An acquanitance that lives in the area said most of them wouldn't even make good parts cars, 'cause they were so rusted. Sad.

And in sharing- my mother in law nearly made me bawl tonight. I walk into the church fellowship hall after work, to the potluck. My mother in law, not knowing of my shoulder issue, comes walking by me and does something TOTALLY out of character for her. She grabs my left arm- the sore one- and put me in an armbar takedown, a manuever that forces the arm up the middle of the back.
I nearly blacked out.  She knows the move because she works at a mental facility. She is either very good at it or I was hurting worse than I thought. Lord, the pain...now, three hours and a pain pill later, it's settled to a dull throb...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

:o.

That is some MIL.  Sis. Roscoe keeps you in check I'm sure.

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 30, 2013, 01:24:52 AM
:o.

That is some MIL.  Sis. Roscoe keeps you in check I'm sure.
It was so out of character for her, it'd have been funny if I hadn't been in agony. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Bobby:  Yeah, I was wondering about the rust factor... All those years can't be kind on metal.  Didn't want to say anything though, and ruin a potential Chevy fanboy's dream.  ;)

And Bro. Bobby, check your PM.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

I didn't make it to the last service of conference. My car decided to die 3 times before i could get it out of the parking space and another 4 trying to get it out of the driveway. I did however get all my homework and housework done. Brandon made it home and we went to the gym. Cardio is much easier to do when there is football on the TV. IMO.

Day off tomorrow. Hopefully getting my advance and ordering that stupid part for my car. I told Brandon tonight that if this $330 part fixes everything wrong with that hunk o' Honda I was gonna have a Holy Ghost shout down. He laughed but knew I was serious.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Morning, all.....:hi: Feeling a bit better today, not as much pain.  It's a drizzling day though.....and for some reason, why I don't know, I felt like I needed to wear my bulletproof vest today. I ain't put that thing on in two years. I hope it is completely unnecessary today. And Isaac, I got the p.m. Will do.

Melody

50* is not warm. :(  time to pull out our winter clothes and hurry up and get the kids coats.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on September 30, 2013, 11:36:38 AM
It's a drizzling day though.....and for some reason, why I don't know, I felt like I needed to wear my bulletproof vest today. I ain't put that thing on in two years. I hope it is completely unnecessary today.
:o We sure hope it's unnecessary too.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Saying a prayer, Bobby, just in case.

I think folks should pay attention to those promptings.

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Anyone hear from him today? Ive text him with no reply as of yet...that was better than a hour ago.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Phone reception at his house stinks.  Texts won't get through.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I am touched that y'all care so much. Thanks for the prayers. The vest was indeed un-necessary today, but I've learned over the years to listen to those gut instincts. They've kept me safe a couple of times in the past...

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 01, 2013, 12:54:38 AM
Wear it tomorrow too...

I agree.  There are a number of things throughout the Body happening enough that I don't feel it's random.  It certainly feels like an escalation in spiritual warfare.

SippinTea

Yes, please. Do wear it tomorrow. If for no other reason than the friends who care and are praying. And we shall continue to hope and pray that your week is boring, uneventful, and that the vest is completely unnecessary. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

My latest share:

Allan and I got stuck in a graveyard tonight. Had to walk back to church and get the van and go back and jump off the truck. Haha. It was hilarious! We did all that, and still made it a mere ten minutes after curfew. We did good. ;)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

MelodyB:  Almost sounds like a Ray Stevens song.  :cool:

In local news, I'm packing to go to General Conference.  No, I'm not wearing my cape (not cold enough) but I will be taking two of the shirts with a pocket in the shoulder, and of course I'm wearing my toe shoes.  I think that's plenty weird er... individualistic for this trip.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

I think Roscoe should wear his vest AND stay away from Dr Pepper/fast food today.  Call it a gut feeling...

*cough*

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on October 01, 2013, 11:14:05 AM
I think Roscoe should wear his vest AND stay away from Dr Pepper/fast food today.  Call it a gut feeling...

*cough*

And I think you done bumped your head. Vest- yes. Dr. Pepper? Dream on..... :pound:

mini

Keep up with the Dr Pepper and fast food and you will have a gut...feeling...

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on October 01, 2013, 01:08:21 PM

:roll: Nothing more spiteful than a reformed Dr. Pepper addict. I think you are just jealous.

And for those of you that don't know...pray for Taco. He 's in the hospital. :sadbounce:

Backseat Radio

Quote from: mini on October 01, 2013, 01:08:21 PM

:pound:
I'll keep my Dr Pepper and fast food habit .

Feeling really groggy.  Got plenty of things to do today if I can get the fog cleared out of my brain.