We Bid a Fond Farewell to Kevin in Sharing 487

Started by mini, September 09, 2013, 09:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 23, 2013, 11:38:16 PM
:couch: peeking in but don't have anything interesting to share.

When did you ever?

:hypocrite:

:couch:

My grandma turned 98 today.

Lynx

Quote from: HeatherB on September 25, 2013, 01:59:14 AM
The lady who last spring told me Brandon was full of devils came up and told me congradulations tonight on our engagement...I'm taking it in stride and moving onward..

Homework then maybe sleep. Why did I go back to school again?.....  :roll:
Some believe it is because you are insane.  Others disagree, citing a desire for a better life someday. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 25, 2013, 10:48:14 AM
Quote from: HeatherB on September 25, 2013, 01:59:14 AM
The lady who last spring told me Brandon was full of devils came up and told me congradulations tonight on our engagement...I'm taking it in stride and moving onward..

Homework then maybe sleep. Why did I go back to school again?.....  :roll:
Some believe it is because you are insane.  Others disagree, citing a desire for a better life someday. 
I vote for the "insane" camp.  :P

Morning, all. Surely the demons of morning hath best me today. Not in any major way, but they've pinned my ears back and zapped my energy- and my want-to. I wish now, I'd put in to take a  couple of days off, as the Fall Swap meet starts today. All I could think of when I got up, is that I had a perfectly good excuse to take off, and didn't. I could be sleeping right now.....:cry:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Thats what you get when you dont honor your spiritual heritage...next time take off for the swap meet!

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Wisdom for today; You know your growing in grace when people notice that you've stopped correcting there mistakes,
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: mini on September 25, 2013, 12:04:46 PM
Wisdom for today; You know your growing in grace when people notice that you've stopped correcting there mistakes,
You must get the cybersalt digest.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

I feel really out of touch with the board now.  Dropped by to discover this place has weddings and rumors of weddings.

Heather

Today has been a challenge to say the least. We went over our current money situation to see where we are getting groceries this week from. Well between the 2 of us we have $70, no groceries and 1/4 tank of gas in each car. This has to last us until not this Friday, but NEXT Friday. To put that in perspective just going to church and work in the past 3 days I've went through $35 dollars in gas. So for the next 9 days, which is how long we have until expected money comes in, I could easily go through 105 in gas. We are hoping the guy comes for the Prelude that bought it. That would be awesome.

Also today Brandon got an email from one of his teachers. Thanks to his professors computer system he has been accused of plagarism for copying the words to the poem he had to write about. She is filing paperwork to have him suspended from the university. He has shown me the paper and I'm not a scholar but all the parts highlighted  by the program show that the parts 'plagarized' are the exact quotes of the poem.

Tonight at church every member of our praise team was out except our drummer and bassist. So I got to learn how to run YouTube videos. It's confusing because I'm a PC person and everything at church is ran on Mac. 2 services into running the media and even the pastor joked I'm learning everything the hard way.

I won't even start on work......and my mom is trying to back out of taking me for my procedure tomorrow and I can't drive myself nor do I have anyone else to take me.......
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Quote from: Backseat Radio on September 25, 2013, 09:00:38 PM
I feel really out of touch with the board now.  Dropped by to discover this place has weddings and rumors of weddings.

And famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in divers places!

Newsman

Roscoe

Howdy! :waving:

Morning, all. Bah. I wanted to take off today. Boss said no. A pox upon his house.  :pound:

And in sharing, last night, Bro Proctor preached for us. Being as how he is one of those people God talks to, alot, I ALWAYS get nailed when he comes and preaches for us. This time, he had Bro Wilson send me a text yesterday that read "Your behind is mine." :o  I was a little concerned, and instantly asked if he'd consider a bribe. He said if I showed up with Petit Jean Summer Sausage, he MIGHT consider accepting it. When I walked in the butcher shop after work to buy lunchmeat- there it was. A four inch long link of Petit Jean Summer Sausage. So I got it for him.  :hypocrite:  Not the foot long sausage he was thinking.  :laughhard:

He walked to the pulpit, and announced to the church that I had brought him a peace offering, but he didn't see that anyone else had... After a good laugh, he proceeded to preach one of the most uplifting messages I have ever heard. "God's in love with you." Absolutely awesome.  I really enjoyed the service, and getting to visit with one of the most Godly men I've ever met. He's been coming to our church evangelizing for right at 18 years. He's busted my hide more than probably any preacher other than Bro. Wilson, but he's always done it with love. People like that are invaluable.
Hope everyone has a great day. Even Ol' Birdbrain. :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Newsman

Melody

That's a sweet story that made me smile, Roscoe. 

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Our church has rented a local pumpkin farm for 3hrs right after church on Sunday. $10/person.  Since it's right after church, there's NO time to go home to eat and we just spent $30 to go to this thing so we cannot "go out" to eat in any shape or form. Their concession stand there is amusement park food prices and it's junk.

*sigh*  I'll be happy when Hannah moves on to the youth group.

The Purple Fuzzy

Everything is getting so expensive. I picked up a few food items at Wal Mart and spent nearly $30. Everything is going up except my pay. *sigh

Melody

Yes it is.

This whole Obamacare fine is irritating. To have it gives them the right to necessitate things for your kids. That's maybe not a big deal until we realize the huge push for the immunization for the the one that's a std virus they claim causes cervical cancer, (haha my phone auto corrected that to "cervical anger") which is highly debated and Australia stopped using it bc of the deaths & side effects. But they are still pushing it here!! Almost passed it in some states' public school mandates. 'Assuming everybody is going to be promiscuous. Baah

So I do NOT want it. But I'll have to pay a fine even though I don't go to the dr but rarely and pay cash/payment plan. They assume I'm going to get a serious illness.  Something WRONG with that thinking.

Melody

Anyways... On a lighter note. I accidentally sprayed my pastor in the face with Windex the other day. Thankfully, my pastor is gracious & kind. He laughed while wiping off his face and told me to stop apologizing. 

Goodness, I almost cried I felt so bad. But then he was laughing so much that it became funny. Per Adina's idea I might get him those silly glasses with windshield wipers. :)

The Purple Fuzzy

I was sure hoping we could work out a way for you and Adina to meet while she was in, but maybe next time.  I just know y'all would get along great.

Backseat Radio

MelodyB

*HUGS* Tia... so when are you getting married? Hurry and get you a husband while the gettin is good! ;)

Dad may come home tomorrow. His last day of therapy is today. Im not sure Im ready for him to be home. He is already arguing with us about what he can and cant do, and most of it is just him being himself, and doing whatever he wants, no matter what the drs advise. He just wont listen and there is no talking to him reasonably. He is gonna end up with that foot busted wide open and having his leg cut off after all if he does what he wants.

And rest assured, he WILL do what he wants. No matter what. :smirk2:

Yall mark my words. Check this date. This is my prediction today. We will see how it goes in the future. I dont want to have to say I told him so, but I did, and unless GOD does something major, he will lose his leg cause of his bull-headedness. Thats FACT.

Anyway. I got chicken boiling, gonna make chicken and rice. I never did make Liver and onions while dad was gone cause I found out two disturbing things about Allan...He doesnt eat liver and he loves Pepsi. UGH. The Pepsi thing was almost enough to be a deal breaker...but I guess Ill let it go. *sigh*

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Backseat Radio

Quote from: MelodyB on September 26, 2013, 05:20:27 PM
*HUGS* Tia... so when are you getting married? Hurry and get you a husband while the gettin is good! ;)

who said I needed a husband?

mini

Quote from: MelodyB on September 26, 2013, 05:20:27 PM
Anyway. I got chicken boiling, gonna make chicken and rice. I never did make Liver and onions while dad was gone cause I found out two disturbing things about Allan...He doesnt eat liver and he loves Pepsi. UGH. The Pepsi thing was almost enough to be a deal breaker...but I guess Ill let it go. *sigh*

*voiceover*

Thus begins trouble in paradise...

:ugly:

The Purple Fuzzy

That means he has good taste! :D

Hooray for Pepsi! ;) Yuck for liver and onions.