News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Isaac's on another spree - another box of CDs in SHARING 483

Started by Lynx, May 03, 2013, 03:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Church camp mtg this wknd.  Last night was a shout service, complete with old school music and all.  Pretty cool to see a couple hundred people down in the front dancing and shouting.  The sermon is online @ http://www.tlckcmo.com/media.php?pageID=21  if anyone is interested.

Kim

Yes the rain is putting a damper on anything we might want to do outside,  but on the brighter side...at least the garden is getting what it needs.  And we can also be thankful that we didn't get all the tornadoes that OK has been getting.  So sad to hear of all their losses.

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm making a blackberry cobbler with the berries my dad brought me.

Lynx

I'm whimpering because the blackberry cobbler is over there and I'm over here. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Now I need some vanilla ice cream... I forgot to pick some up when I was at the store earlier. :smirk2:

Roscoe

Urg. Back at work. Lord, I am tired. I need this week to fly by....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Just snagged another Thinkpad on ebay.  Anyone need a Toshiba?  It's getting kicked out of my lineup for being the slowest computer present.

I think that's all the computers I'll buy for now.  I'm good to go until the 16 gig ram computers are obsolete enough to drop down into my price range.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I have no idea.  I didn't see it if it was mentioned on the forum.  Maybe she mentioned it on Facebook?  Or maybe my memory isn't as good as many have remarked about it being...
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Last time you had an extra, someone mentioned that they were sad they were too late... I thought it was Mel.

Lynx

For lack of anything better to do right now I went through old pages looking for it, but I couldn't find it.  Oh well, whomever it was will probably gimme a shout.
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 02, 2013, 09:58:03 PM
Just snagged another Thinkpad on ebay.  Anyone need a Toshiba?  It's getting kicked out of my lineup for being the slowest computer present.

I think that's all the computers I'll buy for now.  I'm good to go until the 16 gig ram computers are obsolete enough to drop down into my price range.
How much? I could use it.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

I want to share a testimony but having trouble typing tonight.... :-[
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

MelodyB

Yes it was me. We discussed it when you were here. I desperately need one, one that can access wireless Internet, but I don't have any money at all. Lol
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

And I havent officially announced this yet, or at least I don't think I have, but this Wednesday I'm headed to Florida to stay with my brother and his family for 12 days. It was just supposed to be 9 days, but he wants me to come on Wednesday now instead of Saturday. So it added a few days. :)

I'm excited. But kinda apprehensive too, dad will be having more surgery while I'm away. I feel good about the surgery, that it's the right thing to do, but I kinda wanted to be here for it, ya know? They are cutting off a bit more of his leg.

It is what it is.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

:hi: Lord. What a day, already. I woke up a bit late and had to rush...then I get to my favorite convience store and discover they are out of big cups for my Dr Pepper. I fight traffic all the way to work to discover that I left my name badge/key card AND my keys in my other uniform pocket. And the pants that I am wearing are an older pair that I didn't notice in my rush, and as is typical with the material we use for uniforms, has faded, and is a different shade of blue than the shirt. Bah. Can I get a do-over, please?  :biglaugh:
And in other news, I puttered in to church last night secure in the knowledge that I was not going to be needed, so I just grabbed a pull over shirt to replace the uniform and went in- no need in going all the way home and dressing up to just be in the audience. Bro Wilson comes up and informs me that 1)Sunday School teacher hadn't showed up and 2) his substitue hadn't either and 3) it was all me.  :o I had the pleasure of teaching for an hour on a subject that I had not even looked at five minutes' prior....and it was on Hosea, who I have never really cared for. Thank God HE came through and helped me muddle through. Bro Wilson told me later that he'd not been able to stand it if I'd studied it, given the way it played out with little notice, so I  guess it went okay.  :smirk2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Hosea is a book of the ugly truth of man's carnality. It's one of the most powerful metaphors in the Bible. I feel so bad for Hosea and yet he probably died a man knowing God's heartbeat unlike any other. And what a reinforcement of the sanctity of marriage regardless of infidelity. God's covenant holds loyally.

I think I'll go read it again, thanks Roscoe!

Other than that, I'm COLD cause it's 50* and I don't want to waste the power of turning on the heat.

The Purple Fuzzy

It was nice here. The thermometer in my car said 65* on my way to work.

Lynx

Personal observation about personal computers:  Some of them are like the description I saw for a car. "It'll get you there safely, comfortably and eventually."
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

My Macbook gets me there quick, efficient and with no "tune engine" lights.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

With a Mac you CAN'T tune the engine.  All the controls are safely hidden away from the user so he won't mess anything up.   :biglaugh:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Man, ya'll got quiet. I came home and mowed the yard even though I really wanted to go check out the Power Tour which was in Little Rock tonight. I was really concerned that if I didn't get it mowed it would rain again and I'd REALLY be behind..

Newsman

I don't know why it took me so long to get back..I was gone a few days got back last week, then it seems like last week was a blur of weather coverage. I know I've missed a bunch!

Quote from: Roscoe on May 24, 2013, 01:19:12 PM
Yes sir, we've been feeling them too....Got me a little concerned. I'm looking into getting earthquake insurance on the house, as that is a separate policy from homeowners' insurance. I'll text ya later today...