News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Isaac's on another spree - another box of CDs in SHARING 483

Started by Lynx, May 03, 2013, 03:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

You and me both.  Linux has been getting really good here just in the last two years or so.  Sad that site died before it really had a chance to come into its own.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

It's been a snot filled day around here. Between the always lingering cigarette smoke, the fresh cut grass, and the pine and honey suckles really firing up I can't stop blowing my nose.

We are going to try out our new gym this evening. Of course we are eating pizza first though. lol. Brandon has to work tomorrow [the lady who normally does scheduling at AZ had surgery a couple weeks ago and is out]. Boo.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Yes, Ruby, we have folks over but not as many as some times.  Wish y'all were here.

SippinTea

Isaac - Ah, okay. I wasn't familiar with that one.

Sandra - me too.

Heather - Sounds......... yucky. :headrub:

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Roscoe

Hmm...had a work day at church today. Lou stayed a bit longer than I did, so I came home. She just texted me and told me Chey is going to stay the night with her cousins, so it looks like it is date night. We gonna head for our favorite little hole in the wall diner, way out in the sticks. :P I'm dressin' up in a clean pair of overalls fer it, an' we's gonna take Rusty... :great:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Hole in the wall diners, if good, are the best.  If bad, they are the worst.  If you find a really good hole in the wall diner, make good friends with the owner and frequent it. :)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

I had to have help just lifting the bar for any of the lifting benches. I have no upper arm strength.... Super proud of Brandon though. He hasn't worked out since he played sports 10+ years ago.

RainbowJingles

Quote from: taco_harvell on May 25, 2013, 07:31:31 AM
PRAISE REPORT;

When I got to work yesterday morning I got called in the office immediately. I am now Operations Director! I didn't even have to pursue the position.

THANKS JESUS!

I am so proud of my husband that I could plumb BURST.  He is smart and intelligent and fully deserved the promotion.  God has given him favor, and I know that he will excel at what he does.
:attackhug: Taco Pollo

Lynx

Well I can stipulate to the smart and intelligent part.  For lack of hard data either way, I'll take your word for the rest.  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

There is just something about a new box a cereal. So fresh and delicious!

Last night I started flowering out about finances to go to Youth Congress. Brandon stopped me. His exact words were "you've been talking about this for 2 years. Mel is going to be there. I'm not gonna have you moping around because you're not there too. We'll figure it out"

Lynx

I think I like this Brandon already.  Sounds a lot like me. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on May 26, 2013, 01:21:34 PM
Morning. :waving: At w**k again..
Sad to see a minister cussing like that.  Go wash your mouth out with chocolate young man!
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on May 26, 2013, 01:33:09 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on May 26, 2013, 01:21:34 PM
Morning. :waving: At w**k again..
Sad to see a minister cussing like that.  Go wash your mouth out with chocolate young man!
Yes, SIR! :fork:

Roscoe

Bah. I HATE "free" software. Tried to download something....boy, did I succeed. Took me an hour and a systems restore to rid myself of the junk. I really need to stick to 50 year old trucks. That's a technology I understand...:lol:

Heather

Good service this morning. Went by to see my parents after church. Of course that meant sitting in a room with them while they watched TV. At least I got to watch the season finale of Criminal Minds.

Last night after we got back from the gym, B came in the room kinda giddy saying that our friend Jon had text him inviting us to a bonfire/cookout at his house this evening. I just think it's awesome that Jon text/asked Brandon about it. See I've been friends with Jon for 13 years now. He's the youth and praise leader at our church. But him and Brandon have been talking more lately and as soon as we find some time Jon wants to do a bible study/hang time with Brandon. And other than me, family, and a few guys he works with Brandon is a loner. So it means alot to me that someone from the church is making the effort to reach out and befriend him. Alot of the time people just invite me and Brandon can tagalong type deal.

Lynx

Well there's free software and then there's "free" software.  Much that is "free" is not really free, that's just the hook.  Especially if you try to google up a "free" antivirus... ooooooooooh boy!
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Quote for the day (from an elderly person:)  "I think I've reached that age where my brain went from 'You probably shouldn't say that' to 'Oh come on, let's see what happens.'"
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Sorry, was that your quote?  My source never said where it came from.   :updown:
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

My legs are currently telling me that this whole working out business is not working for them. I told them they can shut it and do as they are told.

More housework and laundry today. It's nice to be getting paid to stay home today. Gotta go by Dr Francis' house later to get the scoop on my housesitting duties. I have to learn how to tend a garden while I'm there  :o Which I want to learn anyway but I'd prefer it be my own garden as opposed to ruining someone else's. Also I get to hang out with her standard poodle.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

:hi: What a beautiful day! I slept in, then got up and Chey and I puttered around in Rusty. Got country style ribs in the crockpot, and am enjoying relaxing...

Lynx

Country style ribs, do you say?  When do we eat? 
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Quote from: HeatherB on May 26, 2013, 12:53:19 PM
Last night I started flowering out about finances to go to Youth Congress. Brandon stopped me. His exact words were "you've been talking about this for 2 years. Mel is going to be there. I'm not gonna have you moping around because you're not there too. We'll figure it out"

Go, Brandon!!  :thumbsup2:

Quote from: Psalm_97 on May 27, 2013, 01:10:55 PM
Quote for the day (from an elderly person:)  "I think I've reached that age where my brain went from 'You probably shouldn't say that' to 'Oh come on, let's see what happens.'"

Haha!

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air