News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Isaac's on another spree - another box of CDs in SHARING 483

Started by Lynx, May 03, 2013, 03:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

If Roscoe is the new normal, I am still safe in my abnormality.  Just ask anyone who has met me in person.   :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

What I learned today:  When a record is dusty, the dust piles up on the needle as it plays the record.  A needle with an accumulated dustball doesn't get a very good sound.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

So in this edition of Heather's Car Adventures: I got to the dentist this morning before work. Put my car in park, turned it off, had my keys in my hand, and was getting out of the car when it turned back on  :o I just cannot own a normal car.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

SippinTea

Quote from: HeatherB on May 23, 2013, 01:19:17 AM
So in this edition of Heather's Car Adventures: I got to the dentist this morning before work. Put my car in park, turned it off, had my keys in my hand, and was getting out of the car when it turned back on  :o I just cannot own a normal car.....

:o :laughhard:

Quote from: Roscoe on May 22, 2013, 11:30:42 AM
Quote from: SippinTea on May 22, 2013, 04:06:45 AM
Hi.

:beret:
*faints* You DO still exist. :o

Yes. But barely.  :updown: Arabella has been extremely colic-y (you know, the whole screaming for hours on end thing). But she's starting to get better it seems. (Thank God, we've started figuring out some of the WHY with her tummy issues.) And I occasionally do have 5 minutes to myself now. Yay! 'Cause I've been missing all my GP friends. :teeth:

Quote from: Psalm_97 on May 22, 2013, 06:02:54 PM
What I learned today:  When a record is dusty, the dust piles up on the needle as it plays the record.  A needle with an accumulated dustball doesn't get a very good sound.

True. And it also tends to scratch the record.

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on May 23, 2013, 01:19:17 AM

This is my car as well. If you use the key-less entry, and click the lock one too many times it auto-starts.
Sometimes if the passenger door opens before my driver side, the alarm (of which Daddy unplugged the fuse) goes off. Or beeps happen.
My car is also red....my sister-in-law calls it the Red Devil. haha
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

And y'all think Mini and I are crazy for naming our old trucks...At least ours' has NICE spirits, not selfstarting ones.. :laughhard:

Back at work, and thank God it's my friday. Would also appreciate prayer on a special unspoken matter I am personally dealing with..  :hi:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on May 23, 2013, 11:34:29 AM
Would also appreciate prayer on a special unspoken matter I am personally dealing with..  :hi:

Capitol Cafeteria ran out of doughnuts and Dr Pepper again didn't it?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Wheeeee-oooo!  I made some chocolate pudding yesterday with table cream instead of milk, and I think I put too much chocolate in it.  I only had a small bowl, but I was flying on a caffeine high for what seemed forever.  Anybody not had your coffee yet, come on over and have a bowl of chocolate pudding instead.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Oddly enough, the weird smell has not occurred for a while now. 

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

That'd be nice.  I'm not going to get too exited though, they still blare their "music for dummies."

I don't want to be that kind of neighbor or person who calls the police everytime they don't turn their music down. As much as I'd like for the police to help them teach them what apparently they refuse to learn otherwise, it's our fault we can't afford to live somewhere nicer.  Neither Nathan nor I have gone to college yet to better ourselves and we've chosen to homeschool rather than me work a full time job. 

We just need to buy a house.  There will always be annoyances when living so close to others. 

Lynx

In the words of one person, sounds like "the kind of guys people emigrate to avoid." 

You mentioned the neighborhood.  Is it the kind of neighborhood where the cops are called out to some house around there every night? 
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

This typing with one hand thing stinks. Blah. But just so's you knows... I'm still lurking and reading. Even when I'm not posting. :updown: You can't get rid of me just 'cause I had a baby. :bigcheese:

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Melody

No, Isaac.  It's a nice neighborhood, mostly nice sized well kept homes. There's townhomes, which is what we live in. Everyone else seems really nice but we are the newest people in he neighborhood.

The Purple Fuzzy

JOY for the Journey posted this on FB and I thought it was good:
Fear and Faith both ask us to believe something will happen that we cannot see. We have a choice to believe that God is in control or we can go around worried and wondering if we are going to make it. Fear is like a fog that makes things look worse than they really are. It looks scary, big, and overwhelming. Fear tries to dominate you--it will keep you awake at night, steal your enthusiasm and leave you feeling defeated. Faith gives you hope in a brighter day. It is big too, but not overwhelming. It is exciting! Faith tells us that God is supplying our needs, lighting our path, and encouraging us when we are discouraged. Choose faith instead of fear. Isaiah 41:10

Lynx

Quote from: SippinTea on May 23, 2013, 05:48:23 PM
This typing with one hand thing stinks. Blah. But just so's you knows... I'm still lurking and reading. Even when I'm not posting. :updown: You can't get rid of me just 'cause I had a baby. :bigcheese:

Most modern operating systems have a speech-to-text system already installed.  I know Win7 does.  You could also install Google voice, which ships your audio off to Google servers to do the heavy lifting of voice translation.  I use Google voice a lot to talk-type on my android phone, and it's usually fairly accurate.

Purple Fuzzy:  Never thought of it that way, but it's true.  Faith and fear both require believing in something you can't see.   :idea:
"Do you sing at church?"

kmymbir

I went to the park today and walked. It's about time I started exercising.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

kmymbir

I just seen a picture of Ruby's little bean.... She was on Facebook and I promise it looks like she has piano hands :sing:! lovely long fingers!!  :clap:
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Heather

Chowing down on some spag as I type this. I skipped eating on lunch today so that I could go hold baby Bonnie who was born this morning  :cool: She's absolutely adorable! I've known her momma Margie ever since I first got into church.

Work was super slow today. Hopefully will be tomorrow.

Pray for Charles Logan. He's a friends dad. Had a massive stroke and is in surgery right now to relieve pressure from the swelling in his skull.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Wow.

If there was any more DRAMA in my life, I'd have to have my own cable channel!

Been dealing with several issues today. I won't bore y'all with any details. I just need some prayer. And a couple of my friends need prayer. *sigh*
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Newsman

+ leaving for St Louis in give or take four hours.

+Seth, how far are you from St. Louis, Seth?

+ Roscoe: Did you know thyere were two earthquakes, several hours apart, Wednsday about 15-16 kilometers north-northish of  Morrilton? One was 3.4 thr other 2.5,lm as I recall.

+ Lady JennJenn, as to you not being old enough to be with the old folks at the singles conferences, I WISH the two Catherines I had a delightful conversation with had been older (they turned out to be about 24 and 26)

+ Roscoe & Seth, could y'all text me your phone numbers agan, please? You know how I am bad at (not) keeping them in a phone.

+ A happy Friday to you all! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee

John  :waving:

Newsman

You had another overnight in the Morriton area, I think around midnight

Roscoe

Yes sir, we've been feeling them too....Got me a little concerned. I'm looking into getting earthquake insurance on the house, as that is a separate policy from homeowners' insurance. I'll text ya later today...
Went last night and drove a bazillion miles with Kim to look at a truck on Craigslist that had 84k miles. (Her beloved S10 decided it no longer wanted to play, at ONLY 300k miles). When we got there, we found that the truck apparently had been driven by a major league baseball player who used it for batting practice. There wasn't a straight panel on it. So- we didn't buy it. I DID enjoy a nice visit with my sister though.
Now we are off to spend the day locating her a ride. Y'all can say a prayer that we find the perfect vehicle for her. It would be appreciated.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy