News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Isaac's on another spree - another box of CDs in SHARING 483

Started by Lynx, May 03, 2013, 03:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

I'm still alive. Working ALOT. Worked at another clinic and boy do they make us look like the ghetto kids. I'd transfer in a heartbeat if it wasn't 45 minutes away. Got yelled at today because I was chucked under the bus for a situation I knew nothing about. I have to find a different job....

Other than that we've just been repairing Brandon's car just about once a week. Oh and now our AC at home is out too.  :roll:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

For those of you not on facebook- I have sad news.   :cry: For quite some time, we here at Godplace knew that we habored some slightly dangerous, if kooky, criminals. For a fine example of this, see Meller Yeller and her herb growing, stateline crossing, trafficing in herbs. :P
But unbeknowing to us, we have a second criminal in our midst, albeit a white collar criminal. I'm still in shock- I never suspected it. Yet I have her confession saved for posterity....Yes, MelB, that sweet innocent Godly lady always selling donuts for the church, has had ulterior motives.  :o
SHE HAS BEEN LAUNDRYING MONEY! And now she is about to use the money she has laundered to help her escape to another state, a tropical paradise, even. I couldn't believe it. I suppose she just gave in to peer pressure from the OTHER Melody, and just went bad..
Still, I am dismayed to discover that someone I respected is such a Felonious Fannie... :sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

let me guess... she left some money in her pocket and stuck it in the wash, right.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 04, 2013, 03:19:41 AM
let me guess... she left some money in her pocket and stuck it in the wash, right.
I would that it were so...but no. :sadbounce: She confessed to literally laundrying money on purpose. I'll let her confess. If she does not I shall  be forced to tell the whole sordid tale...... :thumbsup2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Lynx

No, that was when she was sick.  She got drunk while trying to get better.

Though that does remind me of a Red Skelton line.  He was in character as Keghorn, the southern senator, and he was talking about a recent head cold. "Almost ruined my filibuster!  Fortunately I tried an old southern remedy, two gallons of hot mint julep."  The straight man said, "Wow, and you were still able to hold the floor after all that?"  He replied, "Hold the floor?  I couldn't get off it!"
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Technically I wasn't DRUNK. Just...ugh, I don't even want to re visit that place again. I can still taste that vile liquor.

*shudder* 

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on June 04, 2013, 10:11:04 AM
Technically I wasn't DRUNK. Just...ugh, I don't even want to re visit that place again. I can still taste that vile liquor.

*shudder*
And there you see it folks- SHE'S STILL TASTING THE LIQUOR!

Where did we go wrong?? *sob* Money laundering, drinking, carousing around at ungodly hours...  :ugly:

Newsman

I may need to get some more rest. For some reason I highlighted a couple of the mod features instead of 'reply ' . They were 'lock topic' and 'remove topic' :)

John  :waving:

The Purple Fuzzy

Rest, John.  "Man was not made for the Sabbath but the Sabbath for man."  God INTENDED for you to rest at least one day a week. :nono:

Lynx

I can testify to that!  I had two jobs for a time, and between them I went a good month without a day off.  It just does something to you when you don't have a whole day where you don't have to go to work. 

"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

The trends of bend thread is locked so I'll post this here and hope SippinTea sees it.  SippinTea, are you currently terribly busy, or could you undertake a project?  I want you to take a pocket t-shirt, something of good sturdy material preferably, and put a second pocket on the top of the shoulder, on the underside of the shirt. It would be good if the pocket could have an elastic lip, if that can be done without irritating the skin the pocket is going to be sitting against.

Don't laugh!  It's the most convenient place to put my phone when I'm listening to music via earbuds.  I already put my phone on my shoulder, under the collar of my shirt, and I don't have to hassle with the earbud cord trailing down to my pants pocket and getting tangled in stuff.  But I'd like a shirt with a pocket there, because sometimes my phone slips off my shoulder.  And while they do make armbands with pockets for you to put an mp3 player or something, they never have made a neck-pocket like that.

And I want about ten of those shirts.  Preferably in a light grey.  If you're too busy there's another friend I can probably get to do something crazy, but I thought I'd ask you first.  If you have time to take on a project I'll send you a PM with more specific details.

"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Every once in a while, when I think this board cant hit a new level of weird, someone streaks out of the crowd (mel in this case) while being chased by a bear (roscoe in this case).

I dont know how many times I have to tell you folks, NEVER RUN WITH A BEAR BEHIND!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Quote from: mini on June 04, 2013, 06:22:37 PM
Every once in a while, when I think this board cant hit a new level of weird, someone streaks out of the crowd (mel in this case) while being chased by a bear (roscoe in this case).

I dont know how many times I have to tell you folks, NEVER RUN WITH A BEAR BEHIND!
Well, as Jerry Clower said, if you and your friends is playing gator at the swimming hole, and you can't outswim the gator, you gotta get out and see if you can outrun him...
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

SippinTea

Isaac, I wish I could, but my sewing machine is currently balking terribly at anything on knit fabric. It desperately needs to be serviced, and I haven't been able to do that yet. Sooo... I'd be happy to check with one of the other ToB seamstresses, and see if they'd be up for the project. Or... if you don't mind waiting until I can get my machine serviced, I'd be happy to do it myself. :) To be completely up front and honest though... with a baby in the house, I can't give you a firm estimate on time for the project. Some days I can't even seem to be able to eat my dinner. :updown: Hoping as she gets a bit older it will ease up some. Just at the moment, I have trouble remembering to breathe for myself. :updown: Just let me know. I'm quite certain one of the other ToB gals would have time to tackle the project right away.

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."

Lynx

Reminder:  Breathe in.  Breathe out.  Happy to help.  I'm just here to be a blessing.  :hypocrite:

One of the other ToB gals?  How many of you are there?  And are they as good at translating my descriptions into reality as you?  I'd really rather deal with someone I've worked with before...   I'll ask my friend here if she'll do it.  If she can't, I'll get back with you on it.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: I'm at work.  It's already getting hot.  Yesterday it was 93 when I drove home from work.

MelodyB

Lynx

If you gonna be gone 12 days, I guess there's no rush on the package.
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 05, 2013, 05:25:25 AM
Reminder:  Breathe in.  Breathe out.  Happy to help.  I'm just here to be a blessing.  :hypocrite:

One of the other ToB gals?  How many of you are there?  And are they as good at translating my descriptions into reality as you?  I'd really rather deal with someone I've worked with before...   I'll ask my friend here if she'll do it.  If she can't, I'll get back with you on it.

Thanks. *grin*

Mmm... I guess there are four of us currently (soon to be 5). And three of us sew. And yes, the other two are excellent seamstresses. I wouldn't let them sell via ToB if they weren't. ;) And if you're worried about working with a different seamstress... I could do the "prep work" as far as communicating with you about what your wishes are, and then translate it to seamstress-ese for the other gal.  :cool:

Lynx

Now somehow I imagine SippinTea running a sweat shop of sewers... "Sew faster, sew faster!  We gotta get all these orders done TODAY!"
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Haha! Oh yes, that's me. A perfect slave driver.  :hypocrite:

Okay you, it's not like they're employees. It's more like commision-based sales. It's just that I wouldn't send them any work, or advertise their products if I wasn't absolutely convinced they sew at least as well as I do. :hypocrite: (Although.... they may actually sew better than I do. But maybe I shouldn't mention that. *grin*)