News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Talk about matters most weighty in SHARING 480

Started by Lynx, March 04, 2013, 07:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Me too.

And I can honestly say I would rather be at home in bed.  :yawn:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Chseeads on March 11, 2013, 03:51:22 AM
Did you see the pic I posted that made me think of you in the Saw This and Thought of You or whatever it's called thread, Fairy Cakes?  :P

No I didn't lol - I don't ever read that thread. I'll go check it.

Quote from: minnesota68 on March 11, 2013, 01:41:00 PM
Me too.

And I can honestly say I would rather be at home in bed.  :yawn:

:stupid:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

I wonder why we have spring break when we have nothing resembling spring?  So it'll be a week indoors for the kids. Hannah turns 11 tomorrow.  Sunday morning she greeted us with somber joy.  She felt God gave her a dream about a new couple in our church. Actually, Nathan & I felt like it was from The Lord when she shared it. She has had 2 other dreams in her life that we have felt were from God.  She can still tell you every detail to this day even though the first one was 5/6 Yrs ago. 

Lynx

Roscoe:  Go with the Chevy Cruze.  Just a personal opinion. 

MellowYellow:  :)  It's nice having kids who hear God. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

It is done.  :smirk2: Lou got what she wanted- partially. I managed to talk them down nearly $2k on the price of the 2012 Malibu, and up on the trade-in....considering it sounded like it had rocks in the transmission that was quite a feat. I love to dicker, but I was hamstrung with them knowing I HAD to buy a car...it was pretty obvious.
I'm thanking God that He made it possible for us to get the car- at $20/month less than we were paying, but for years longer- but I hate that the sales tax is going to nearly totally drain our vacation fund. We may not go anywhere, and if we do, it will be for just a night or two.
Still, God is SO good. Had this happened at a different time it would've been impossible to buy another vehicle.
The Malibu, with under 30k miles, is being delivered from their sister dealership a couple hours away. We would've prefered a darker color, since white will be a pain to keep clean, but ya take what ya can get.  The one they had in stock had a light colored interior, and we wanted dark so it wouldn't show so much dirt, thus them bringing one in. This is probably the nicest car we have ever owned- it has features that even the caddy didn't, like heated bun warmers for the driver and passenger, remote start and most importantly for Lou, a jack for a memory stick with all her songs. Black leather....it IS sweet. God has blessed us majorly again, and I don't deserve it.
I shall post pics later tonight.
Isaac, we liked the Cruze, and could've actually bought it $1000 cheaper, but truthfully, it didn't feel near as substantial as the Malibu if that makes sense. It is rated at 5 mpg better, but for the difference in ride quality and room, we felt it was worth the extra for the Malibu. And the Cruze they had had beige leather, which would've showed everything. And most importantly- LOU WANTED THE MALIBU. I cannot overstate this. If I have learned anything in nearly ten years of marrage it is this- the old saying "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" is on par with Scripture as far as truthfulness goes. Because trust me, you will be quoting Proverbs 21:9 while shivering if she is not. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

The flash drive port is the main selling point for me.  My grandma got a new radio and it has a USB port, so I loaded an 8 gig drive with all the old gospel I could cram on it and plugged it in.  She's happy.

Roscoe if you come down here for vacation you can stay till you have to go home and get back to your job.  All you'll have to pay for is gas.  Just saying...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 11, 2013, 04:58:24 PM
The flash drive port is the main selling point for me.  My grandma got a new radio and it has a USB port, so I loaded an 8 gig drive with all the old gospel I could cram on it and plugged it in.  She's happy.

Roscoe if you come down here for vacation you can stay till you have to go home and get back to your job.  All you'll have to pay for is gas.  Just saying...
That was a major selling point for her as well....And thanks for the offer, it is very kind. We shall see how many coins I have left....I have a guy wanting to buy my 1911, and had planned for that to be radio money...It might get repurposed for Lou... Lord. This woman better RECOGNIZE how much I love her, ya hear? RECOGNIZE!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Depending on how many coins you have, where did she want to go?  I thought you were talking about just driving in a random direction for vacation.  We're as random as any other.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 11, 2013, 05:25:45 PM
Depending on how many coins you have, where did she want to go?  I thought you were talking about just driving in a random direction for vacation.  We're as random as any other.   :cool:
Yes....that is correct. She has waffled between random drive with many stops at flea markets/ Goodwills/yardsales and Branson. Or Florida. Or Tulsa. She changes her mind weekly...

Lynx

Oooh that's the most fun kind of trip.  Random stops on a trip through places you've never been before can be fun.  Especially when flea markets, goodwills and yard sales are in those random stops. 

Forget about coming here, I'll go there and join you.   :thumbsup2:
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Contrary to Seth's analysis, I am still sick.

I screamed and hollered and had dumb/bad dreams all night. On top of the coughing and continual blowing of my nose. My trash can is full of Kleenex this morning and my box is nearly empty. It's been a long night. (yes I am aware it's almost 1 in the afternoon)

I don't want to sleep all day, but I don't feel like doing anything else. I think I'll go eat some toast and lay back down awhile.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Kim

Let's see..... A "new" car, a beautiful wife, a most adorable daughter, a WONDERFUL  :biglaugh: big sister, a nice home, a good job, a great church, and more love sent your way than you could ever imagine.......Yes, even though the times get rough, you are one very lucky guy.  God watches over you even when the chips are down.  So, put your chin up and put a smile on your face to match that twinkle in your eyes!!!  Oh, and by the way, you know I need to test drive the new car!

Lynx

Quote from: Kim on March 11, 2013, 06:14:12 PM
Let's see..... A "new" car, a beautiful wife, a most adorable daughter, a WONDERFUL  :biglaugh: big sister, a nice home, a good job, a great church, and more love sent your way than you could ever imagine.......Yes, even though the times get rough, you are one very lucky guy.  God watches over you even when the chips are down.  So, put your chin up and put a smile on your face to match that twinkle in your eyes!!!  Oh, and by the way, you know I need to test drive the new car!
I knew you were going somewhere with that.  When someone butters me up like that I'm always waiting to see what it is he is about to ask of me.  :P
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

My brown leather dress shoes FINALLY came today!  www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058YU31O/

They don't have toes, but they are zero-drop "barefoot" shoes nonetheless. 

And in the package was also a hardware store catalog, two fliers with ads for a lot of stuff, and a trial tube of Gold  Bond men's moisturizing cream.  Stereotyping much?  :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 11, 2013, 06:01:58 PM
* The Purple Fuzzy hugs Mel

Don't get too close! You may catch this nasty mess!

Mom was just talking to me, and she made to comment that I prayed all night...I asked her what she meant, and she said all they heard was me pleading with God all night "Please God help me! Lord Jesus help me! Take it away God, please help! I can't deal with this, it hurts, please God!..." and various other begging/pleading phrases to the Lord. :o

I have no recollection of that at all. But apparently I know who to call on in my time of need.

I ate some ramen noodles and loaded the dishwasher and started it. I'm back in my bed now cause that little bit wore me out. I'm not sleepy, just tired and still achy all over. Still can't breathe, and this continual cough is getting tiresome.

angel

My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Good thing Babs is MIA...she would throw a match! :o

Melody

Oh my sweet friend, Mel.  I'm sorry you are so miserable.  I will be praying for you.  ♥

I'm off to clean the church whilst I listen to lesson #1 of a free itunes Spanish podcast.  I'm going to get something done this year if I can help it!

Newsman

Roscoe

Quote from: Kim on March 11, 2013, 06:14:12 PM
Let's see... a WONDERFUL  :biglaugh: big sister, .......Oh, and by the way, you know I need to test drive the new car!
Condensing it down to what she REALLY found important.. :laughhard:
And,if photobucket will quit jerking me around, I shall post pics...

MelodyB

I threw some chicken in the oven, then took a shower. Made some instant mashed potatoes and opened a can of spinich, that was our dinner. Now I gotta go lay back down. Worn slap out.

Heather

Funny that Roscoe got rid of his Cadillac today because my dad went out and bought one!! He bought a 94 land yacht that only has 39,000 on it for 4700. He's so excited. I told him he's officially an old man now.

Work wasn't too bad. I only wanted to slap a handful of people and none of them actually my coworkers. [All but one of them but I want to slap her all the time.]

New doctor tomorrow unless he calls in sick again.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali