News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Talk about matters most weighty in SHARING 480

Started by Lynx, March 04, 2013, 07:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Howdy y'all.

I lost my temper and yelled at a guy last night at work.  Idjit was trying to kill me.  Normal speed for the furnace line is about 7 inches per minute, but at the end of the night I guess he wanted to get the parts off the belt FAST because he turned it up to 18.  That's something you just don't do to the guy trying to catch the parts and check them as they come off.  It's the same guy who swiped a whole tin of butter cookies and stuck them in his car a couple months ago. 

I really need to think of some appropriate way to thank him for trying to give me a heart attack.  Maybe a nice gift-wrapped cherry bomb or something.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

She's just like 20 years old or something around there maybe.

kmymbir

Thanks for the hugs and prayers.
The doctor is not telling me when the surgery is
Just wants to examine me again. I think she's tryin to get insurance
Money but the sad thing is my insurance has not kicked in.
We have had to out of pocket everything.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

kmymbir

Also my family is now stating they hate brent and they
Want me to cancel the wedding that's three weeks away.
Why is everyone telling me this The day after I find out I'm not having a baby?
They told me it was Gods way of cleaning up after me so I can
Have another chance to do right.. they said brents not the one.
Why can I never hear from God in the middle of trials?
I dunno what to do I'm so emotionally messed up.
I don't wanna lose my baby and brent.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Lynx

Because when you were pregnant they thought marrying him was the only right thing to do, so they didn't talk bad about him around you.  Now that you find you have lost the baby, they are free to vent.  Emotions can SO cloud an issue.   :-\
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

Quote from: kmymbir on March 13, 2013, 06:17:25 PM
Also my family is now stating they hate brent and they
Want me to cancel the wedding that's three weeks away.
Why is everyone telling me this The day after I find out I'm not having a baby?
They told me it was Gods way of cleaning up after me so I can
Have another chance to do right.. they said brents not the one.
Why can I never hear from God in the middle of trials?
I dunno what to do I'm so emotionally messed up.
I don't wanna lose my baby and brent.

You have said quite a lot right there.  But I'm going to just skip to the last line.  I'm so very sorry, I can imagine that the emotional let down is great. Kmymbir but I am confused.  Your previous post made it seem as if there never were a baby.  I think I am misunderstanding. 

MelodyB

There wasn't an actual baby. But she thought there was cause her body made a sac just never placed a baby in it. Otherwise, she had all the signs of pregnancy cause technically she was pregnant with an empty sac. All the tests showed pregnancy, even without a fetus.

But emotionally and physically she is going thru a miscarriage. She still has to have a d&c and in her heart and mind she WAS pregnant with a baby.

Hope that helps.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

Nicely said, Mel. And you're exactly right. Any time a sac forms (without a baby inside it) your body goes through ALL the same stuff as a "normal" pregnancy, and therefore, if you miscarry, it's exactly the same as a "normal" miscarriage. Horrid, no matter how you look at it. 

Kimber, are YOU convinced Brent is the one you want to spend the rest of your life with? And more importantly, are you convinced he is God's choice for you? Because Isaac was right - babies and emotions REALLY cloud the issue for everyone. If it were me, I would be very very careful, I would weigh what everyone was saying to see if anything they were saying was true or not (hey, sometimes the truth is really painful and I don't like to face it). And I would hit my face to the floor asking God for wisdom. And then, if there was ANY check I felt, I would force myself to put a hold on the wedding until I could make SURE I had God's will sorted out in my own head. A lifetime is a very long time to be married to the wrong person. But when it comes right down to it, you are accountable to GOD for your actions/decisions - not your parents - not your friends - not even the people whom you love the most and are closest to. Make sure you're on the same page as God, and then do what HE says. :)

Isaac, I can't imagine how annoying that would be! I'm afraid I would have yelled at the guy, too.

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Chseeads

SippinTea

*curtsies* Thank you. That was my one moment of brilliance for the week. Don't expect any more of them for a while. :P

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."

Chseeads

MelodyB

Indeed she is.

And in other news, I need to move...far far away.

Chseeads

Melody

The house smells of chicken Parmesan, I hope it tastes that good!  Bro.Stoneking came out surgery great! PTL

No cell group tonight for us. Nathan got held late by the guy he carpools with.

Nathan got tickets for the symphony this wknd for our anniversary. I have never been!  There have been many an anniversary that we haven't been able to do anything but be thankful that we have Jesus in our marriage!  Lol

Kim

Kimber, so sorry for your loss.  My little daughter-in-law just lost her baby and it is a very heart-breaking experience. Just remember, God has a reason for everything.  My heart goes out to you.

MelodyB

Lynx

Hmm... I wasn't going to mention that because I don't even know this Brent, but Kimber I'm afraid SippinTea is right.  If all or almost all of your family and friends say he's not good, there's probably something in it. 

Two things to remember.  First, all your family is probably not out to ruin your life and chase away a good man.  To tell you to your face that the guy you are planning to marry is someone they hate takes guts, and they would probably not say anything to you except for an overriding desire to keep you from marrying the guy and being miserable.  Second, they are many and at some distance, and you are one and very emotionally close to the situation, and I have to think they may be picking up on some warning signs that you might not see. 

One thing you might consider is having your pastor talk to Brent alone.  Like, without you in the room.  The objective here is to get your pastor's opinion on Brent.  Get your pastor to tell Brent that he would like to talk to you alone, Brent alone, and both of you together before he performs this marriage.  See if your pastor can give Brent the idea that this is customary for marriages this pastor performs, a routine pre-marriage counseling.  If Brent specifically asks "Is this what you always do" the pastor could say something like "Well, I take it on a case-by-case basis" or something. 

And as someone suggested, you could always postpone the wedding until you are sure this is right.  If the guy is on the level he probably won't object *too* much.  If Brent has severe objections to postponing the wedding, I would have severe doubts about him automatically.
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 14, 2013, 05:20:06 AM
Hmm... I wasn't going to mention that because I don't even know this Brent, but Kimber I'm afraid SippinTea is right.  If all or almost all of your family and friends say he's not good, there's probably something in it. 

Two things to remember.  First, all your family is probably not out to ruin your life and chase away a good man.  To tell you to your face that the guy you are planning to marry is someone they hate takes guts, and they would probably not say anything to you except for an overriding desire to keep you from marrying the guy and being miserable.  Second, they are many and at some distance, and you are one and very emotionally close to the situation, and I have to think they may be picking up on some warning signs that you might not see. 

Sometimes. Maybe even usually. But it really does depend on the family. I know of several situations where multiple people in the family were so controlling that nearly everyone who wanted to get married had to "go against the family" consensus. Pathetic, but true.

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 14, 2013, 05:20:06 AM
If Brent has severe objections to postponing the wedding, I would have severe doubts about him automatically.

Yeah. That. Truly mature people don't mind taking a bit of extra time to make SURE they know what they're getting into, and that it IS in fact on the same page with God. :)

So tired. Today was a big day.

I would yawn, but CheeseHead would throw something at me if I did.

Lynx

True about the family.  I don't know anything about that kind of family personally, but I have heard of them.  That's why I kept saying "probably."  I was just going to flat-out say "They're not out to ruin your life" but not all families are like mine. 

I wish they were.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I may die from coughing. And at this point I don't even care. It would be a relief. UGH.

Roscoe

Morning, all.. :waving: As is typical for me,I am dragging...but it is my Friday.  :clap: :clap:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

They supposedly finished logging at our house yesterday. Now they better fix my driveway!

I have to drive Brandon's car to work. UGH. I'm not a fan of his car. I'm literally waiting for parts to fall of it or for the whole thing to explode at any moment. Hopefully he'll get done with my car and have it to me by lunch. I have a seal leaking on my rear axle. Nothing huge but needs to be nipped in the bud before it gets huge.

Work today and tomorrow in the back. And there will be no Dr Allen!!! Meaning I can get away with rolling up my sleeves and not roasting. [He doesn't allow tattoos to show. Even though this rule is supposed to apply to everyone I'm the only person he enforces it upon  :roll:]
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Well aren't we all just a pile of hot messes.

:smirk2:

Going to work....cleaning and carding.

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

One of the best things about spring break is sleeping in.  It'll be over in a few yrs so I'm enjoying every school related thing I can!  Lol

Actually, we are having company over for dinner tonight so I need to address the nooks and crannies today.