News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Talk about matters most weighty in SHARING 480

Started by Lynx, March 04, 2013, 07:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Riiiiight... 

I'm a little better now. Took some ibuprofen and that helped the swelling and pain in my throat, and took a really hot long shower that helped clear my head stuffiness.

I can't chance being absent from the platform right now...we have lost three people in our group this year alone, and if just ONE of us is missing now, it makes a really bad deal.

I am one of just two altos now...Krissy didn't even take off any time when Kira was born, so I can't take a sick day on a Sunday especially.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Somebody stole an hour from me and I want it back!  :demand:

Mornin' y'all.  Unless the music director forgot what she told me last week to do, I'll be singing "I feel a little song coming on" today at church.  I always get nervous when I sing by myself.  Sis. Trena has been singing for many years, and she's what I would consider a semi-pro, and she says SHE still gets nervous, so I guess it won't get any better.

Maybe the music director will forget.  She has a lot of things running, with all this Easter stuff.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

I'm up and Brandon went and got us biscuits and gravy for breakfast. He's off work today so he's going to church with me  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm thankful for daylight savings time. I like to have more daylight time when I get off work in the evening.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 10, 2013, 04:30:54 PM
I'm thankful for daylight savings time. I like to have more daylight time when I get off work in the evening.
I wasn't too pleased with it this morning....but now that I'm past that, I agree.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Poopsie, you're always sick. 

Went to church, came home, yadda yadda.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

Lynx

Apparently I wasn't the only one.  After I got through with the song the pastor ditched his notes and ran with the song's topic and we had what the old folk call a real shout-down service.  I knew *I* liked the song, but our pastor isn't usually the kind to go for southern gospel... :P
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Quote from: Chseeads on March 10, 2013, 05:09:43 PM

Yes I know. I think most of it is stress related. Or I have a real sickness that they can't find till it kills me.

I feel better now. And of course, before we eat lunch, I had to haul dad to this stupid flea market. Every. Single. Sunday. I think it's a waste. He spends 10 minutes riding around in this dinky smoke filled hole, and never buys a thing. It takes longer to drive here and load and unload and reload unload the hover round. :roll:

Heather

Home from church and it's till daylight!!! Thank ya Jesus! I might actually see the sun every now and then throughout the weekdays.

I think I made a lady mad at me during service. Every single service during every song she comes and drags me away from my seat and up the aisle to the front going on and on and on about how God told her to come get me and make me go up front to shout. Every. Single. Service. Every. Single. Song. Today she came over, pushed Brandon out of the way to grab me, and I told her no. That I would meet her up front if God told me to go up there. [Mind you the sign group was up front at this time doing a song and there wasn't anywhere to go unless you pushed one of their members out of the way.] Yes, I know sometimes people need someone to help/nudge them along. And when I 1st went there yes, but don't push a man who isn't sure about church and church people out of the way. Under normal circumstances I don't think that's a good witness to anyone. Luckily I had told Brandon about this woman or he could have gotten majorly offended.

Now to finish up weekend laundry and cook some bbq baked chicken.

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on March 10, 2013, 06:51:36 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on March 10, 2013, 05:09:43 PM

Yes I know. I think most of it is stress related. Or I have a real sickness that they can't find till it kills me.

I feel better now.

You always feel better after you declare that you are sick unto death.

I keep telling you you're bipolar.

MelodyB

Well I tried to find that hour I lost, but it didn't show back up. And of course, when I got up after a really restless doze in and out where I heard EVERY sound in this apartment...I feel WORSE.

I'm going to bed now. For reals. I have a fever.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

I hate daylight savings time in the spring too. I always oversleep, even though I don't actually forget to change my clock. I just oversleep cus I'm so tired.
Didn't help that the neighbors had a party last night, and were hollering and screaming until 2am, or 3am with the time change.

But like Sandra, I do like the extra daylight in the evening.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Isn't there some city ordinance about having loud parties that late at night, in a neighborhood? 

Here we'd just get uncle Fred to ask them politely to tone it down.  Uncle Fred can do polite in a very intimidating way.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on March 11, 2013, 01:32:48 AM

I'm going to bed now. For reals. I have a fever.

I'm sure you'll be fine in the morning.

Then sick later.

Then feel much better.

Then horribly ill again.

Then you'll be peachy after that.

And then on your death bed in a little while.

And then.......

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 11, 2013, 02:22:40 AM
Isn't there some city ordinance about having loud parties that late at night, in a neighborhood? 

Here we'd just get uncle Fred to ask them politely to tone it down.  Uncle Fred can do polite in a very intimidating way.  :D

It's an apartment. So you'd think. It wasn't even in my particular building. I don't know how any of the actual neighbors of said party didn't call the 5-0.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Did you see the pic I posted that made me think of you in the Saw This and Thought of You or whatever it's called thread, Fairy Cakes?  :P

SippinTea

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Chseeads

Oh look, it's the wicked old Shrew and her Little Bean.

Went to sleep, dreamed like a maniac, woke up, felt like I'd been asleep for hours upon hours.

Sitting up for a few then I shall try again for the rest of the night.

Newsman

It's Mondayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

Wheeeeeeeeee!!!

John :bustamove:

Heather

I'm feeling the savings today. Woke up every 2 hours like I normally do though. Just weird it's still dark out. At least it's payday.

Roscoe

Less than a great day....had to call in because I am going to have to go deeper in debt today. Lou's car has a weird bad sounding noise that sounds distinctly like the transmission going out, and it didn't "feel" right when I drove it yesterday. A new transmission for that car will be $3k+ that we don't have, so I'm off to see about trading it off.
We are fortunant in that we have good credit and the car is paid down enough we *should* be able to trade with ease, but still....we really didn't need this. Man, it seems like I am being forced to live what I preached the other night..."All is well", even in the valleys when everything goes wrong. So, "ALL IS WELL"....I WILL NOT WORRY, God's got this..
I would appreciate any prayers that God will not only lead us to the right car, but that He will make the deal most affordable to us. We have on our short list, four used cars at the local dealer that we always use. Lou wants the 2012 Malibu with heated seats, ect....it's right at the limit of our price range. 2) is a 2011 Chevy Cruze, loaded, better price, but not as much car 3) is a new Chrysler 200- basic little car, cloth interior, nothing special, but the rebates make it VERY attractive and 4) my choice, a 2011 Dodge Challenger with a 305 horse v6....also at the tiptop of our price range.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Weirdos.

Dreamed like a nutbox.

Going to work.