Talk about matters most weighty in SHARING 480

Started by Lynx, March 04, 2013, 07:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

His point is he feels better in the company of people (almost) as weird as he is.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Sorry. Not driving to TN. We have 5 boxes left now.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

*donut-less Psalm_97 whimpers disconsolately.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Ironically, the whole point of all these donut sales is so the Youth group CAN drive to TN. In August. For Youth congress. Lol

I will not be going though...I'm staying here in our Youth Pastors house, keeping his kids so he and his wife can travel kid-free and enjoy themselves with the Youth.

Just a small sacrifice. :hypocrite: :cloud9: :baby:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Youth Congress is in Kentucky I think.....at least for UPC this year. I can't go because everyone and their momma at work asked off for most of August to go on vacation. Yet another reason we go to the beach in September.  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

And youth convention is in St. Louis.  Is it ALJC's Mel?

MelodyB

Yep. UPCI born and raised. 4th generation.

I was wrong...got KY confused with TN. Lol NAYC is in Louisville.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH_0JskfFn0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

MelodyB

Quote from: MellowYellow on March 10, 2013, 02:03:05 AM
And youth convention is in St. Louis.  Is it ALJC's Mel?

Nope. No ALJC here. See above post. ;)

Chseeads

Well it's a shame you're not coming then, Poopsie, cause Louisville is in driving distance of Moi.

Went to church, came home, and such.

MelodyB

Roxie

Random comments to some of you all --- It is called "7 page catch up." Haha.

Quote from: HeatherB on March 05, 2013, 12:58:32 AM
Quote from: Roxie on March 04, 2013, 09:33:37 PM
Got in from work not too long ago.  Just heard a big thump up above our apartment.  Wonder if someone fell upstairs... LOL

I fall up the stairs all the time..... :cool:

Haha!  You know what I meant!

Quote from: SippinTea on March 05, 2013, 02:59:24 AM

Roxy - I'm talented like that. Falling up stairs, I mean. Maybe it was me you heard. :cool:

:beret:
Talented, eh?  I am pretty sure Oregan and Kentucky are kinda far from each other!

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 05, 2013, 11:06:27 PM
Heh....

I was reading along and came to this and started cracking up... Thanks for the laugh!

Quote from: MellowYellow on March 06, 2013, 02:52:59 PM
Exactly guys!  It's a great subject.

Please pray for Nathan to find a job. His contract is over in April and nothing in sight yet. He just started corresponding with a guy about a job in Saudi Arabia.  It'd be for a year.
Praying that he finds a job, MY :)

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 08, 2013, 03:38:12 PM
The current ones I have purple carnations in my room. Orange carnations on the desk. And white carnation/pink rose bunches on the table and coffee table. lol
<3 Sounds lovely.

Quote from: Chseeads on March 10, 2013, 03:29:06 AM
Well it's a shame you're not coming then, Poopsie, cause Louisville is in driving distance of Moi.

Went to church, came home, and such.

And if you come to Louisville, we could meet too, cause I am in KY and I am planning on being there... besides I have to meet the Countess one day ;)

:waving: Tired... had a long, somewhat nice Saturday.  Hoping tomorrow goes by slow so that it feels like an extended weekend. Haha.  Monday and work... comes to fast.
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on March 10, 2013, 03:45:49 AM
Like how far? I may rethink this...

Hour and a half or so. 

Louisville is a little farther mileage wise than Indianapolis is but takes a similar amount of time because part of the Louisville trip is interstate. 

Chseeads

Quote from: Roxie on March 10, 2013, 03:55:18 AM
Random comments to some of you all --- It is called "7 page catch up." Haha.

Quote from: HeatherB on March 05, 2013, 12:58:32 AM
Quote from: Roxie on March 04, 2013, 09:33:37 PM
Got in from work not too long ago.  Just heard a big thump up above our apartment.  Wonder if someone fell upstairs... LOL

I fall up the stairs all the time..... :cool:

Haha!  You know what I meant!

Speaking of that, I about fell up the stairs at church tonight before service.  Stumped my toe second step from the top and sounded like an elephant tap dancing.  Everybody turned around and looked at me.

Roxie

Quote from: Chseeads on March 10, 2013, 04:44:06 AM
Speaking of that, I about fell up the stairs at church tonight before service.  Stumped my toe second step from the top and sounded like an elephant tap dancing.  Everybody turned around and looked at me.

Oh my... so you are talented as well! haha
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

MelodyB

Well I wouldn't be able to visit anyway...if I went, I'd be with the others in the church bus...no way to go see anyone.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I don't have a vehicle of my own. I sold it and gave the money to help my family after we lost our house. If I took the truck, I would still need money for gas. Another thing I don't have.

Chseeads

Newsman

Roscoe

Dear God. It is morning again. And my Monday. Why does life hate me so?!? :sob: :sob: I want a do-over on my week end, it was too short.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

I. Am. Sick.

My throat is on fire, and my nose is all stuffed. I coughed all night and an dreamed weird things about church and not being dressed. But it wasn't embarrassing. No one even noticed.

Crazy.

I have to go to church though. I just have to!

MelodyB

Oh, and to clarify, I wasn't naked or anything in the dream, I was just wearing the wrong clothes. And I couldn't seem to get the right ones on.

One good thing came of it though...I know what to wear for church today cause I dreamed it!

Melody

I'm sorry, Mel.

Daylight's savings time is stupid and it has nothing to do with staying up late last night.    :-?