News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

The Ballad of Evan McNevin starts here, in Sharing 477

Started by mini, January 14, 2013, 02:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

You really should find a way to come visit me for a few days, Heather.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mesipie

its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 22, 2013, 01:52:44 PM
Quote from: HeatherB on January 22, 2013, 02:02:26 AM
.....and I miss Jenn.......

Is she fasting?

Are vanilla wafers the norm for banana pudding in the south?  Does anyone make it from scratch with a real crust?

Fasting was last week. I'm here. Just fighting a nasty cold.
I have an interview today at 3p. Need my sinus' to clear up for least an hour.

And banana pudding isn't banana pudding without niller wafers here in Texas!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

Oh and my schedule has changed several times trying to find the right balance.

Currently this week I'm in office
Mon\Wed\Fri: 9-1p
Tue\Thur: 1-5p

I can only get on GP when I'm in office or at home.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

*hugs Jenn*

What do you all do when you get sick on your fast day? 

Andrew is fasting today but he started puking at school so I had to go pick him up.  No fever but he feels terrible.  He's not hungry of course but a day for God focus is ruined when he can barely think.  I have the answer I give myself but have never heard it addressed or asked before today I don't think.  What do u do or tell your kids?

Melody

Oh, I went and said all that about our website having more sermons.  Here's the site if anyone's interested:

http://www.tlckcmo.com/media.php?pageID=21

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 22, 2013, 04:07:13 PM
*hugs Jenn*

What do you all do when you get sick on your fast day? 

Andrew is fasting today but he started puking at school so I had to go pick him up.  No fever but he feels terrible.  He's not hungry of course but a day for God focus is ruined when he can barely think.  I have the answer I give myself but have never heard it addressed or asked before today I don't think.  What do u do or tell your kids?

The way my mother has always taught me was that God honors the sacrifice you committed to do. He understands if something arises that causes you to break your fast. He honors that your intentions started out and even finished right. Not that you followed thru with the fast? If that makes sense?
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

You're fasting to get the flesh under control, get it out of the way so you can get closer to God.  I don't think being sick will interfere with the objective.  It's a matter of your heart's intent, not how circumstances turn out. 

And we always use Nilla (tm) wafers.  What kind of crust would you make for pudding?  It's a pudding, it doesn't have a crust.  Or at least I've never heard of such - wouldn't that make it a banana cream pie?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

I don't think I've ever had a banana cream pie with wafers, only a real pie crust.  That's cool.

And I was reading what I missed yesterday and I have never heard someone say "sha" whatsoever.  I'm intrigued.  I think someone should youtube it.  It is very difficult for me to figure out what you all are saying with the hillbilly speak/type.  But it's fun to imagine how it sounds!   :lol:

Ruby, have you heard it in OR? 

I love hearing new things.  I was totally tickled when Mel called me and said "Okay" in the way she does.  I had never heard it said that way or since. 

mini

For some reason, I am reminded of a story.

A couple of years ago, I bought a few pairs of new work jeans.  And I ripped one of the legs on one of the pairs right above the ankle.  For about 2 years, they sat in the top of my closet, only to be gotten down when I was out of other jeans, and instantly shown to my wife.  She is my seamstress, and I would point out to her again and again that I needed these jeans fixed.

This went on every few months or so until one day, I started in again when my wife looked at me,  pulled a :eyebrow: and finally said "Those jeans are fixed."

I looked.  By george, they were.

But the problem is I dont know HOW LONG they were fixed.  And I am afraid she put up with me telling her that I needed them fixed for 2 years and I was wrong for 2 years.

And I am afraid that is going to haunt me.

Let this be a lesson to you married men.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

Why didn't you ask her how long they had been fixed? DUH!

And Melodya, its O K! Not okay. Lol spell it right if you are mimicking the way that _I_ say it. Lol

I also have never EVER heard of a banana pudding with a crust! That's just WRONG! I don't like it with a cooked meringue or cooked pudding either. Has to be instant pudding and cool whip. That's just Bible Gospel right there. (sorry Isaac! I know you will dispute that!)

I just ate the most amazing salad. Spring mix, tomatoes, green onions, sweet bell peppers, cheese, croutons, bacon bits, and ranch dressing. Wow. It was yummy! All it needed were some beets. I had some and didn't think of it till I was down to my last few bites. Oh well, I have more of that stuff, maybe my next salad will contain beets. :fork:

Melody

Lynx

Instant pudding is going to be the downfall of our civilization.  What's really sad is, some people are so used to it that they think it's normal, and they actually PREFER it over real homemade pudding.  Sad.  Just plain sad. 

:thumbsup2: for beets in the salad though. Sometimes I take a can of beets to work for supper.  If I don't wipe my mouth and scrub my teeth after supper break, I look like I've been trying out the vampire lifestyle. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 22, 2013, 05:32:56 PM
And I was reading what I missed yesterday and I have never heard someone say "sha" whatsoever.  I'm intrigued.  I think someone should youtube it.  It is very difficult for me to figure out what you all are saying with the hillbilly speak/type.  But it's fun to imagine how it sounds!   :lol:

Sha isn't hillbilly at all, it is cajun.  You don't usually hear it anywhere but in La. and mostly south La... unless there is a cajun population around.

Melody

I think it's pop, Isaac. 

I haven't made every flavor of pudding from scratch, so I don't know if it always beats instant.  But for banana, lemon, reg. chocolate, vanilla, strawberry are better homemade ~imo.

Chseeads

It is very difficult for me to figure out what you all are saying with the hillbilly speak/type.  But it's fun to imagine how it sounds!   :lol:

Iss gnawt heelbeely, iss CAYCHUN!!!!!!  :pound:

:hypocrite:

And here, banana puddin' can be with either graham crackers (what we most of the time had it as) or vanilla wafers.

MelodyB

Lynx

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 22, 2013, 06:44:53 PM
I think it's pop, Isaac. 

I haven't made every flavor of pudding from scratch, so I don't know if it always beats instant.  But for banana, lemon, reg. chocolate, vanilla, strawberry are better homemade ~imo.
I do not comprehend "pop."  But yes, every homemade pudding I've tried always pwnd every instant imitation.  Especially chocolate.  I have some chocolate pudding in the fridge right now that I must go eat because we're having this discussion. 

Hey, it's as good an excuse as any to eat some good homemade chocolate pudding, right?  Right!  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Quote from: Chseeads on January 22, 2013, 06:52:52 PM
It is very difficult for me to figure out what you all are saying with the hillbilly speak/type.  But it's fun to imagine how it sounds!   :lol:

explain to me how cajuns aren't hillbillies.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on January 22, 2013, 06:56:43 PM
I prefer instant pudding. Any flavor.

Me too. It's much more creamier to me. The stove top kind is weird. Gross.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mesipie

Idk what seth was talking-hes trying to talk cajun I think
Sha is a very common word around here
It has the a sound that is heard in apple
U can call me if u want ill say it for you
Pm me if u want my phone number
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 22, 2013, 07:19:38 PM

:spitlaugh:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 22, 2013, 07:19:38 PM

Caychuns iss Frinch.  Heelbeelys aine got nary ary uh hayer in dey dairyaire dat bees Frinch.  Joo gah tat?

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

:spitlaugh: