Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

The Ballad of Evan McNevin starts here, in Sharing 477

Started by mini, January 14, 2013, 02:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 22, 2013, 05:32:56 PM
Ruby, have you heard it in OR? 

Nope. But every time I see it on the board I wonder if it's the hillbilly version of "pshaw". *grin*

Wow, am I ever tired tonight.

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Heather

We still have power. Brandon ran his car out of gas TWICE today. Aggravated doesn't cover my feelings about my current home situation. But what do you do when you ain't got nuthin.....

My mom gave me money to renew my license and go to my Dr appt on Thursday. I like her so much better when I don't live with her.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

Quote from: SippinTea on January 23, 2013, 02:05:25 AM
Quote from: MellowYellow on January 22, 2013, 05:32:56 PM
Ruby, have you heard it in OR? 

Nope. But every time I see it on the board I wonder if it's the hillbilly version of "pshaw".

:beret:

Pshaw as in "yeah right" ??

Chseeads

Roxie

Why am I so hungry... it is 12:45 and I have already gone over my calories for the day... LOL. I do wish I had some fruit in this place.

Mel,
I pointed that donut bank out to Trey the other day! lol
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

Lynx

Tell Trey to show his nerdy mug around here once in a while.  I need SOMEONE who understands my jokes...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Ugh... Lands. I hate mornings. But this one is starting off right. I worked for three hours on a thought for tonight's service- just didn't feel right or jelling. Gave up and went to bed. This morning, I discovered a ram in the bush in the form of a message from my pastor telling me that we have an previously unscheduled guest minister tonight. Thank God. :pray:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I have had the WORST time getting out of bed this morning. I completely missed my training appointment at the gym. It's Brandon's birthday but he has to work 12 hours. I'm gonna make him a cake this evening.

I need caffeine. I can't keep my eyes open.....

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I walked out the door to go to work yesterday and found a package on the carport.  My turntable has arrived.  Let the music recommence. 

I woke up today with a bit of sinus junk, and I wondered - if I've never had a hangover, when I wake up feeling bad with sinus crud, how do I know if I feel like I have a hangover? 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 23, 2013, 04:20:57 PM
I woke up today with a bit of sinus junk, and I wondered - if I've never had a hangover, when I wake up feeling bad with sinus crud, how do I know if I feel like I have a hangover? 

A hangover is more like a headache, and an overall heaviness in your head.
Not sure it's like a sinus crud....lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 23, 2013, 04:58:02 PM

:eyebrow: The voice of experience? Ya ole sot. :ugly:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on January 23, 2013, 05:06:17 PM

Hey we all have a past ya know!! :pound:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

For some reason I'm reminded of Beverly Hills Cop 2.  Eddie Murphy breaks into a house (to investigate something of course) and his local police partners express dismay.  He says, "Hey I wasn't always a cop."
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 23, 2013, 05:12:43 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 23, 2013, 05:06:17 PM

Hey we all have a past ya know!! :pound:

JennJenn, If you are saying you had a past that included that, I can honestly say I would have never guessed that of you.  Never in a million years.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

Sinus crud does NOT feel like a hangover. As someone who spent their mid-20s drunk every weekend I can attest to that.

Chseeads

Been at the church with the organ man.

Eating a bean plate now.

I need something.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: minnesota68 on January 23, 2013, 05:57:52 PM

JennJenn, If you are saying you had a past that included that, I can honestly say I would have never guessed that of you.  Never in a million years.

Ah unfortunately, a few months around 22, I succumbed to peer pressure. Had a brief stint, until I got caught, and got sat down from singing. Then I was done. Realized my talent and ministry was more important to me than hanging with my friends who drank. Did my time, now it's under the blood. ;)

Hope that doesn't ruin your impression of me! lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Shame shame we know your name. :nono:

:hypocrite:

That's ok...I did some stuff too. No drunkenness, but yeah.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Sat down from singing... I'd die!   :-\  My sympathy.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Testimonies are a powerful thing, Jenn.  Thanks for sharing.

Eating lunch.  Nothing fancy.  Baked potato and mixed veggies.  A bit of sunflower oil and Tuscan seasoning on top.

The Tuscan seasoning from Costco is nothing short of absolutely fantastic.  Though it's a completely different set of flavors, it reminds me of Tony's.. "Taste great on everything!"  It's more than Italian seasoning but not exotic as Middle Eastern flavors.

MsJennJenn

I love Tony's. I put it on everything. Even popcorn! Even though it makes me cough! LOL
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

I think we've all had our battles. Never drank here, thanks to a mama who would've killed me and a Daddy that did enough drinking for the two of us, but did  several other things I ain't proud of.

Like knocking over that donut shop that time. And going postal over the counter guy giving me glazed instead of filled. And beating that guy down that spilled my coffee. And lord- the crackhead and my cobbler. My poor cobbler. :sob:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 23, 2013, 06:43:20 PM
No mention of the kicked cobbler...
Oops. I thought cobbler and typed cheesecake.  Corrected.  :biglaugh: But on second thought I don't know that I am ashamed of how I dealt with that. She deserved a thrashin'.  :P