News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

The Ballad of Evan McNevin starts here, in Sharing 477

Started by mini, January 14, 2013, 02:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Well....I have been productive today. Done my patrols and property checks, and then logged on to TaxAct.com and did my taxes. Since our return is fairly straightforward, I decided to tackle doing my own taxes last year when a friend recommended this site. It is amazingly simple- enter amounts earned, amounts with held, and answer questions that determine what credits you are entitled to. Then the site checks the math and alerts you to any issues. After they are corrected it will let you file, but not if you've left any necessary info out. So simple a caveman could do it.  :P  Took all of about an hour and a half and that was with me double and triple checking everything.
Glory to God, the habit of having much withheld and thereby giving Uncle Sam a free loan has paid off again. We get money back.  :great: And yes, I know I could adjust my with holdings and bring home more money per pay period, but we treat this like our savings account. :smirk2:
So in a few weeks, I shall doubtless be posting about a steak dinner I shall be enjoying. And yes, I am sending pics to taco and Mini, as per the usual. You have been warned.  :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Newsman

How is my favorite Arkansas Princess? She' probably forgotten me by now.

John  :waving:

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on January 20, 2013, 05:51:44 PM
How is my favorite Arkansas Princess? She' probably forgotten me by now.

John  :waving:
She is mean as ever. I doubt she has forgotten you, but her mind has been, as of late, on other things. Namely, the loss of her two front teeth, Barbie dolls, and a new boy at school, who she insists is NOT her boyfriend. And from a Daddy's point of view- he better not be.  :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

littlegal

lovebugs are annoying swarming  bugs. they're black and consist of 2 bugs attached to each other.                                                                                                         

Lynx

Roscoe is this TaxAct free?  I send my piece of paper in every year. 

What?  Isaac, the nerd, not filing online?   :o   Eh, I never have found one I can trust yet.  Most of them let you fill out the whole thing, then ask you to pay before you can submit it.  Or they require you to install a program on your computer, which requires Windows, and I am NOT doing anything financial online through a Windows computer.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Turbo Tax is free if you're doing the EZ stuff.  I've used them for about 5 or 6 years.

angel

Quote from: minnesota68 on January 20, 2013, 01:45:57 PM
If you read this, say a prayer for me.  I am fighting a sinus problem (first in my life).  I have so much pain right behind my eyes I can barely think...

Thanks guys.

-mini

http://www.godplace.com/forum/index.php?topic=32459.0
Hope this helps.
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 20, 2013, 06:57:29 PM
Roscoe is this TaxAct free?  I send my piece of paper in every year. 

What?  Isaac, the nerd, not filing online?   :o   Eh, I never have found one I can trust yet.  Most of them let you fill out the whole thing, then ask you to pay before you can submit it.  Or they require you to install a program on your computer, which requires Windows, and I am NOT doing anything financial online through a Windows computer.
Na. I think it's $13.95 for the fed and state tax return filed elctronically...

Chseeads

w2cch

I may take a cat nap.

And I may file by paper this year after having identity theft last year.....but I don't understand how that worked excactly, because the identity thief tried to file before I did.

Heather

I've used TaxActOnline.com now for 7 years. I think it's the same one Roscoe uses. It's super easy and the Federal portion is free. I used to have to pay I think 9.95 when I had to do a Va non-resident form because I worked in VA but lived in TN. This year is free because TN doesn't have a state tax to file  :cool:

We had 2 get the Holy Ghost today in service. Brandon says he can't pick between the 2 which one he likes.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Quote from: HeatherB on January 20, 2013, 08:28:49 PM
We had 2 get the Holy Ghost today in service. Brandon says he can't pick between the 2 which one he likes.

Between the 2 people, or the 2 churches?  :P

I've been napping. :yawn:

I guess I'll go to church in a while....maybe at Landmark....I see via FB that Ronnie Elliott is sposed to be there preaching.  Not seen him for a long time so might go for that.  :smirk2:

Melody

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 20, 2013, 07:10:17 PM
Turbo Tax is free if you're doing the EZ stuff.  I've used them for about 5 or 6 years.

That's what we use, for about 13 of our 15yrs. We hired someone when Nathan was a contractor.

Heather

It's sad I was ran out of my own house this afternoon. Got back from church and Brandon's mom was here eating our food, using our laundry detergent, then she went after my leftover pizza [I was lucky I even got to sit it down]. Someone had been in my closet because my light was on and one of my jackets i just found in the kitchen floor. I just left. Went by my storage unit and got some books and movies then ended up down at my parents to watch some football. I can already tell you in the past 3ish months I lived here, it's ain't gonna work. Just wait til I go all Madea on her and start waving my pistol.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

GRIT BALL! Play some grit ball!

If Heather yanks her ear rings out...y'all better run!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

:sing: If I hold my peace, let the Lord fight my battles,
if I sing and shout, have faith and never doubt,
it shall be mine, victory shall be mine...

MelodyB

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 21, 2013, 02:49:37 AM
:sing: If I hold my peace, let the Lord fight my battles,
if I sing and shout, have faith and never doubt,
it shall be mine, victory shall be mine...
Now where in my collection is that... I know I have it but can't remember who sings it. 

Now I'll never be able to get to sleep tonight.   :-\
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

I went to WM earlier for Dad, and I got myself another brand of heartburn pills. Hopefully these will be better. I think I built up a tolerance to the others I was using.

Chseeads

Lynx

Okay I found it.  The Lefevres, "Victory shall be mine."  I'm happy now.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

And the world breathed a collective sigh of relief.

mesipie

its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...