News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Seths gone to the Jewelry Store, Hes gonna Marry Mel in Sharing 474

Started by mini, December 05, 2012, 11:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Quote from: minnesota68 on December 10, 2012, 02:53:29 PM
Annoyed with myself.  Reinstalling OSX on my Macbook.  Identically jerked the power cord out mid install and  killed it.  *sigh*

Why are you reinstalling?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

Because, contrary to all reports of stability, my computer decided to not access the net anymore.  And after 2 weeks of monkeying around with it, I finally decided to format the hd and reinstall, to see if it would work again.

My question for mac users is this:  If macs are so stable, why is there forum after forum filled with problems that users have?

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 10, 2012, 01:18:22 PM

It's not hard to be a morning person, Roscoe if you:

1. Eat well but not too late.
2. Get a full night's sleep
3. are prayed up. 
4. aren't sick 
5. wake up to sunshine and warm weather.   

Everything else requires assistance... like coffee.

Winter is here.   :(
Apparently I am missing number 5.I know I'm prayed up,since I repent after I slap every  morning person.:hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Quote from: Roscoe on December 10, 2012, 03:16:12 PMApparently I am missing number 5.I know I'm prayed up,since I repent after I slap every  morning person.:hypocrite:

Melody

Quote from: Roscoe on December 10, 2012, 12:43:15 PMUggg. It is already a two cup of coffee morning, and I foresee it getting worse.  :pound:  Exactly how does someone be a "morning person"?!?
As for me, when I see those happy smiling twits, I wanna beat there brains in, at least until around 10 am....

You're going to feel much better when you check your mail.

mini

JennJenn:  You will be glad to know that once again my macbook is working.  This makes me very happy.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Macbooks are stable against virus' and corruption I think. But they have harddrive/motherboard issues a lot.
My motherboards been replaced in mine, and it's 4 and a half years old. But my hard drive is so full, it will barely do much these days. It's driving me crazy.

Computers aren't meant to last more than a certain amount of years! They just aren't...I need a new Macbook.
:sadbounce:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Ive honestly never had a problem like this on a macbook.  Something went haywire and would not let adium, chrome, safari, or any other programs access the net.  I could still ping, and small menu bar apps (gmail checker and calendar) worked fine, but it was about to drive me insane.

I have had a antivirus mess up before  on a windows computer and block everything from accessing the net except IE, and thats what this was acting like.

Now for the rest of you, get back to the normal weirdness!

:ugly:

kkay

My mom, brother and sister have macbooks. My brother works for Apple. I just have an old HP that I've had since college (almost 10 years old) and it works fine ;)

MsJennJenn

Quote from: kkay on December 10, 2012, 03:53:25 PM
My mom, brother and sister have macbooks. My brother works for Apple. I just have an old HP that I've had since college (almost 10 years old) and it works fine ;)

Yea but what do you use it for?

I use a heavy duty designing Adobe program...lol which is why I got a mac in the first place.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

kkay

I only use mine for the Internet and writing stuff. Sometimes I use it for downloading things but not often.

I'm simple when it comes to computers. If I ever have any issues, my brother talks me down :updown:

The Purple Fuzzy

kkay

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 10, 2012, 04:51:11 PM
:smirk2: It's Monday, for sure.

I blessed you for this since you called it.

Feeling much better than I did this morning. I'm thinking I might need to start eating some protein at breakfast time and maybe eat dinner later. Last night it was around 5 and I could barely eat 1/2 chicken breast and some strawberries.

MsJennJenn

Took my last methylprednisone this morning. PTL...stupid junk makes me ravenous!!!!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

My HP laptop just randomly won't connect to the internet anymore. One day it's fine, the next it won't connect. It says a network cable is unplugged. Well, there never was a network cable plugged in the first place, and no one unplugged it. So what's the deal? We use wifi. And the wifi is still going strong in the church. In fact I'm using it on my phone right now. But the laptop won't recognize it.

Any suggestions from you geeks? What could I do to fix it?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

kkay

I could ask my brother but he'd probably have a big long explanation...and he's at work. I'll still ask him though :)

Heather

Doctor is gonna call me in a different antibiotic and I'm to go off the bactrim and the pred. Oh body please sleep this evening.......

Returning to work has been interesting. Got a bonus today for these coupons we have to fill out in the same amount I had to spend at the Dr last week! PTL He provides!!!

Also the schedule changes at the end of December. I'm finally gonna start cross training!! Meaning I can officially pink needle things (*cough cough Furby cough*).
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Melody

Yay for Heather!  I'm sure cross training and pink needles are something awesome!   :clap:

MelodyB

kkay

Glad someone's having a good day :)

Need to study now. Test Friday!

Lynx

Pink needle... brrrrrr!  :-\

Roscoe:  I'm a night person, but that's because I'm on second shift.  Back when I was on day shift I was a morning person. 
How late do you stay up at night, and do you go to bed at the same time every night?  The only way I could be a morning person was by being consistent, going to bed at the same time every night - staying up late on weekends throws your body out of whack and it takes until about Thursday to get re-synced again.

ALL MAC USERS:  Don't believe that about being immune to viruses.  Back in the day Mac users didn't get many viruses, mostly because there weren't many mac users, so virus makers wrote viruses for Windows because everyone had Windows - it's a profit-per-time thing.  The tide, it is a-turning, and Macs have just as many vulnerabilities as Windows.  Get ready, they're coming.

Having said that, Macs are usually pretty good for stability.  They're not as flexible as a PC, but for basic end-users who just want to get online and check email and Facebook, watch a Youtube video, etc I actually recommend Macs.  If you can afford them...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

SippinTea, I hope you see this:  Thank you for requesting a soundtrack for "Blessings" by Laura Story.  There's a little 9 year old girl at church named Alexis who is mentally very mature for her age, and has a great voice.  Her mother handed me a CD just before church was about to start last night and asked if I could remove the vocals (which is a very iffy thing - IF the vocal is equally in left and right channel, IF the instruments are panned left and right, IF I have time to invert one channel and set both mono, IF... and it still won't sound very good.)  I said "Oh, I have a soundtrack for that already." 

When she got through singing, more than one person was wiping his eyes.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

They played "Blessings" at Hopes funeral last week. It was very fitting.