News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Seths gone to the Jewelry Store, Hes gonna Marry Mel in Sharing 474

Started by mini, December 05, 2012, 11:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

*Roscoe puts down donut and reaches for handcuffs to place on the animal abuser.....

And now that you've interuppted my donut-  :pound: I'm awake. It is my day off, it is cloudy and overcast and I am, as usual, lazy. Don't forsee alot getting done today.  :great:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Well.... perhaps you will get some mail that puts a smile on your face today. 

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

I don't know about that... but it's better than a donut!  Or could go well with a donut...

angel

Speaking of donuts, it must be a night shift thing. My hubby really never has an urge for a donut but he worked third shift last night and on the way home this morning he was having a no donut yes donut conversation with himself. LOL
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

MelodyB

Chseeads

The root beer sounds pretty good....

Went to Grandma's and set her kitchen table back upright...she fell into it and knocked it over last night.  :freaky:  She's fine. 

I think I shall go pick some turnips and cook them.

chelleebelle

I think I shall turn-ip my nose at turnips...I remember trying to eat them when I was a child at my Granny's house.  Definitely NOT my vegetable of choice!

Roscoe

Quote from: ladyshep on December 08, 2012, 05:11:47 PM
Speaking of donuts, it must be a night shift thing. My hubby really never has an urge for a donut but he worked third shift last night and on the way home this morning he was having a no donut yes donut conversation with himself. LOL
There should never be such a conversation. The answer is ALWAYS yes.  :hypocrite:
Quote from: MelodyB on December 08, 2012, 05:31:02 PM
Saw this at WM yesterday. Thought it was interesting.

I'd have instantly bought that! Why doesn't our Walmart carry that?!?!  :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Chseeads

Melody

I had better do something productive today.  I would like to just hang out at home.  Ironic since I'm home ALL WEEK and practically desperate for something different to do... lol  Nathan already left for work this morning; Andrew and I had breakfast together.  That was pretty neat.  We don't get much time alone.  He's getting so big, you guys!  Makes me teary and happy at the same time.  The little chunky mumchkin in a sleeper I'd rock to sleep is a tall skinny young man.

Hannah went to her first sleepover last night.   First time away from us other than church camp.  A few yrs ago she had a sleepover at our house and it was not a good experience.  I have been leery of sleepovers ever since thinking that she just may never go/have one ever again.  But this mama is a very protective mama also and her daughter spent the night a month or so ago and it was a wonderful experience!  It's really a blessing to have trustworthy families around us. 

Now I gotta get my backside in gear and clean the church.  God's got great things in store at church tomorrow! 

MsJennJenn

Gross! To the dr pepper thing and turnips! Lol

:waving: @chellebelle
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Howdy y'all.  I am once more conscious, coherent and cogent.  It rained heavily here all morning, which is a good atmosphere for taking long naps, which I did.

We (my church family) have been cooking food for a hunt club meeting again, so if anyone wants to know where I am today, that's where I'll be. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

How do you cook turnips, Seth? 

I'm trying to remember if I've ever made them.  I think I've made rutabagas and beets. We weren't crazy about either. 

Chseeads

Generally boil them, or fry them like taters.

I'm boiling a pot presently.

They're very similar to a rutabaga really.

Melody

Hmm... perhaps I should try them.  Do you make them like mashed potatoes?

MelodyB

We love the greens! An some of the roots. Boil em down with a nice meaty hambone and fix ya some cornbread and onion...whew doggie! Good eatin!

Lynx

And beans, don't forget the white beans with that.   

Actually they all go well in the same bowl, all mixed together - beans, greens and cornbread.  But we won't make fun of you if you eat them in separate piles on a plate, like a yankee...  :hypocrite:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

I'm back from my adventure out into the world today! It was absolutely lovely. Also it takes roughly 30 minutes to get to the church. Plus I realized that I can get up to Abingdon [VA] alot quicker than I can even get into my town [in TN] to work. We have a TN address but literally live within a mile-ish of the state line.

But now I'm pooped. Think I'm gonna make a cake while Brandon goes to pick up his dad who is coming home a day early. Which I don't blame him. I couldn't spend that much time with Brandon's mom either  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 08, 2012, 06:36:48 PM
Hmm... perhaps I should try them.  Do you make them like mashed potatoes?

I think you could, but never have done that.  Just cook em tender and eat em.  I put more water in mine than I needed to this time.  I put some butter in them from the start too.  You can season them however you want to, I didn't put anything else in them.  I don't use much salt on stuff I eat.

Chseeads

Fixing to go eat them and some Italian turkey sausage in stewed tomatoes that I fixed too.  :smirk2:

Chseeads

Cornbread with the turnips would be ideal, but I don't eat much bread stuff so I skip that.

The Purple Fuzzy