News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Seths gone to the Jewelry Store, Hes gonna Marry Mel in Sharing 474

Started by mini, December 05, 2012, 11:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on December 10, 2012, 05:13:39 PM
My HP laptop just randomly won't connect to the internet anymore. One day it's fine, the next it won't connect. It says a network cable is unplugged. Well, there never was a network cable plugged in the first place, and no one unplugged it. So what's the deal? We use wifi. And the wifi is still going strong in the church. In fact I'm using it on my phone right now. But the laptop won't recognize it.

Any suggestions from you geeks? What could I do to fix it?

My computer does the "network cable" unplugged thing and you have to restart it  Or sometimes it just will restart itself if it's been "asleep"....  Sometimes you can let it set a long time and it stays connected to the net and doesn't have a prob, other times it goes "dead" in just a little while and has to restart.... 

I don't know what all it's deal is. 

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

Yay, Isaac! Sounds like my little wishlist came in handy for someone besides me. :)

Pink needles.... hmmm.... :freaky2: It's so nice to have friends. *evil chortle*

Melodya - *hug* Thank you!!

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Chseeads

Melody

I see you got the bag of Nature's goodness I sent you, Roscoe.  Ration it brother!   ;)

Heather

The doctor who was in the office today refuses to give me any other medication but I do have the ok to stop the bactrim and pred. I'm now close to 24 hours without either and thankfully my skin has quit crawling. Sadly my headache has returned but if I sleep I can deal with it.

Tomorrow is going to be a sad day for pink needles. There is a lady who alot of my co-employees don't like but I have a fondness for who is bringing her beloved schnauzer in for a pink needle  :cry2: It's gonna be rough........
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 11, 2012, 12:39:30 AM
I see you got the bag of Nature's goodness I sent you, Roscoe.  Ration it brother!   ;)
:laughhard: I keep hearing that old country song "The WildWood Weed" playing in my mind... :laughhard: :hippy:
MY, that made our day. I laughed until I cried. Nearly couldn't concentrate on the message I was trying to write...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

Quote from: SippinTea on December 10, 2012, 05:40:30 AM
Or maybe you should blow a raspberry at David and watch it whenever you jolly well like. :P (I mean, considering HE isn't waiting to watch it with YOU......)

:beret:

I blessed you for this!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on December 11, 2012, 01:21:46 AM
Quote from: MellowYellow on December 11, 2012, 12:39:30 AM
:laughhard: I keep hearing that old country song "The WildWood Weed" playing in my mind... :laughhard: :hippy:
MY, that made our day. I laughed until I cried. Nearly couldn't concentrate on the message I was trying to write...

My contribution to that package was for her to draw the weed on the outside....lol so if you opened it around your cop buddies you'd get IN TROUBLE!!!!!!

One could only dream. :sadbounce:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

It's about time they made this!
http://www.adorama.com/SOMN2SW.html?utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Shopping%20Site&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=pgrabl

Almost there.  We're so close to having neat new gadgets that I actually have a use for.  Just a little bit further and this could be a remote for a real computer.  I could control a whole recording session from a watch. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

I had chest pains most of the night. I was afraid to go to sleep. I finally took some aspirin around midnight, just in case it was a heart attack and the pressure finally let off. So maybe it was. This morning I am NAUSAUTED, and my stomach is tore up. Not to mention the severe heartburn.

And of course that ever present dull throbbing of my head from the lamp incident is still hanging around.

Supposed to have a play date with Olivia and Kira today, but I don't know if I'll make it. If this is the onset of the flu or the crud thats going around, I don't need to be around a newborn.

Whatever it is, I'm still headed to take dad to dialysis. Tootles.

:hi:

Chseeads

It's always something with you, Poopsie.

Vetclinicgirl, bring the pink needle please, we need to put Poopsie down....

:smirk2:

Going to work, yadda yadda.

kkay

Mel: My brother answered your question about the computer issue...

He says: It usually means your Ethernet cable is unplugged or may be bad.

Not sure if that helps.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

BTW... we are loving this A Beka material.  It's more accountable.  I have to stay on top of getting her tests sent in on time. 

Today, I think I want coffee. 

MsJennJenn

Quote from: kkay on December 11, 2012, 01:48:53 PM
Mel: My brother answered your question about the computer issue...

He says: It usually means your Ethernet cable is unplugged or may be bad.

Not sure if that helps.

An ethernet cable means she's directly plugging her internet into her laptop....which isn't what she's doing...she's using wifi....are you not Melbs?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

kkay

Yes, I know.

It was hard for him to answer it without all the details :p I didn't tell him it was wifi.

MelodyB

Yeah, we have Wifi only. There is only one computer in this whole church that's got a Ethernet cable, and that's cause it's too old to have a wireless card. We had to hardwire it.

So no, that doesn't help my situation.

The Purple Fuzzy

Morning.  I have to go to the dentist. :(  Just a cleaning, but still hate it.

mini

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 11, 2012, 03:25:43 PM

Why is that a problem?  You hate taking your teeth out in public?

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on December 11, 2012, 03:29:25 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 11, 2012, 03:25:43 PM

Why is that a problem?  You hate taking your teeth out in public?

:ugly:
:laughhard:
Wait- why am I laughing?!?!  :pound: :pound: Mini.

MelodyB

Feeling a tiny bit better. I took dad to town, came back and tried praying in the Sanctuary with my crew, I lasted an hour and had to come home and back to bed. Just woke up now, I'm still nauseated and my tummy still isn't right, but the pain isn't as severe. Headache is still present. But I'm used to that.

I text Krissy and let her know that I won't be coming to have my play date with the girls. :sadbounce:

*sigh*

Maybe later this week.