News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

We are Thankful as can be in Sharing # 473

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 20, 2012, 02:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Buncha kids. Why,I remember back when I was 33. Been all of three  years ago.....

And you guys can keep the white stuff.I  kinda like 70 degrees
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Ruby-Due to increased drama causing by my ex I have chosen to leave that church. Also something has shifted there. I'm not sure what but no one prays with people anymore (unless its the pastor's daughter who comes forward). There's a contentment I'm not thrilled with. It's odd. Idk if I'm explaining it right.

Work today. It's too warm for December. If it doesn't get cold soon we're gonna have MAJOR flea issues again. Sigh.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

Quote from: ladyshep on December 03, 2012, 05:15:56 PM
:cool: You all probably older than me, however, I just turned Nov. 3rd.

Well, we have a small fiberoptic tree. It's pretty. :) But, every year, we keep getting new ornaments from people or the kids and room is running out. Would like to get a real tree, but afraid of fires.

I just turned on Thanksgiving day.  That makes you my elder.  :P

Fire?  Do you have lights from the 1960s or something?  Nowadays everything is made anti flamable. We've been getting a real tree for 7? Yrs now, never an issue.  The tree is still so green.

Melody

Okay, you bunch of hooligans, I can actually sit and share a bit now.

The weekend was fantastic.  While it meant Nathan missing the last night of class w/ L.Stoneking and his Sunday's sermon, it was worth it.  We went to our friends' pastor's church in the am and then to their church for their afternoon service. Both were good.  I'm so excited for our friends.  You can feel revival stirring even with their handful of people.  They have such a passion for souls, it's inspiring. God moved, there was tongues/interpretation.  Seems a rare service that ever goes by where the gifts aren't in operation anymore these days.  I remember when it was such a isolated thing. 

ack, landlord is here to fix the water heater that was out when we got back.  Perks of renting, for Nathan.

MsJennJenn

I didn't realize you guys were so young (mini and meller)...lol I thought older 30's  :oops: Guess I'm clumping you with Roscoe...he's like 50. :hypocrite:

I'm 27!! lol

Having a quiet, relaxing day off. Been piddling around my apartment doing various things. It's grand!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 03, 2012, 07:20:36 PM
I didn't realize you guys were so young (mini and meller)...lol I thought older 30's  :oops: Guess I'm clumping you with Roscoe...he's like 50. :hypocrite:

I'm 27!! lol

Having a quiet, relaxing day off. Been piddling around my apartment doing various things. It's grand!

By the time I was 27, I...uh....well...all of that is still classified.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Yeah, right.  You just can't remember that far back.   :biglaugh:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

angel

ROFL no lights from the 60s. I'm not sure why I think the tree will catch on fire other that the fact if we let it thirst. I'm paranoid. Would rather have a real tree like you; the smell is awesome.

Roscoe, we need snow. This is a major drought situation here.

27 was a good year after a few bumps in the road.

Well, at least enjoying the day. It smells like spring out there! WOW.
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

Melody

Yep Jenn, just turned 33.  I'm loving my 30's thus far.  So much more fun than any other decade yet.  I told Nathan even Jesus got perfume when He was 33.  He reminded me that He died shortly thereafter.  LOL  hmph.  Sometimes that boy is too witty for me to keep up with.

Last year after the Great Chocolate Gravy War of '11 I received my first ever (white flag surrender) peace-offering packet of choc. gravy mix.   So with keeping with tradition... Someone is getting a surprise in the mail. I'm not telling WHO or WHAT so...  You should all be afraid, be very afraid.  BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

kkay

All this age talk is making me feel old :sadbounce:

Only 26 though :updown: 27 in March.

Feeling like this job market stinks. He can't find anything for the inbetween that's any better or even as good as his current job (which stiiiiiinks because of the people there).

Please pray for his current job situation as well as future. Hoping to get into his career soon. Made progress over the weekend toward that.

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 03, 2012, 04:16:55 PM
I'm 33 too.  (:

It was 61 at 7am, I don't know what it's going to get to but it felt like an autumn morning. 

Um...it is an autumn morning, actually.  :smirk2:

Chseeads

Or was, as the case may be this afternoon.

Melody

Quote from: Chseeads on December 03, 2012, 08:51:19 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on December 03, 2012, 04:16:55 PM
I'm 33 too.  (:

It was 61 at 7am, I don't know what it's going to get to but it felt like an autumn morning. 

Um...it is an autumn morning, actually.  :smirk2:

:pound:

Technicalities.  In my Iowa mind, winter Weather starts about Halloween time... lol

Heather

Melody

Go YOU!   :clap:  Nathan's sister is turning 30 next week and she is depressed.  I understand the world's mentality on aging but it's just not sensible.  Life just gets better I find and see in so many others around me.  Or maybe it's our perspective on life that improves and that makes it more enjoyable.

Heather

I'm just glad to make it to 30!! No sadness about it  :)

angel

Yeah I like being 33, too. Things are just making more sense. The lights have been turning on a lot the past few months. Don't know how to really explain. However, I am noticing I've been more forgetful on things that I normally wouldn't be forgetful on. Now I can actually joke with the old folks about being forgetful. :pound: (Oh, and been more dizzy which happens when you get older with some. Now understand a little why old folks sleep in recliners)

Lynx

My memory ain't what it used to be.

Also, my memory ain't what it used to be.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

I'm turning 32 this month. While you're all keeping track and all. *lol*

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Melody

Didn't you have a party event on FB at some point just for fun? 

Oh how that would be so fun!  Mel's is the 15th, she'll be up there too.  Idk if she likes to share her age, I can't remember.

MelodyB

Quote from: SippinTea on December 03, 2012, 10:25:25 PM
I'm turning 32 this month. While you're all keeping track and all. *lol*

:beret:

Yeah...^^^what she said....only I'm turning 32 a whole 4 days sooner than she is!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

angel

Went on bike ride for first time in a December.

Chseeads

Well, I'm 34.  And not in the hospital.  Which I was at this time last year.  As my poopsie well recalls. 

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Trying to straighten out my blasted IRS issues....  I got a TurboTax bill, which I didn't owe...and it points to identity theft, which the IRS had alluded to but weren't real clear about....  Weiiiiiiirdddddd.....  The "Other person" filed before I did.....I don't know what they hacked to get my info to use to file.....

Bleh....