What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We are Thankful as can be in Sharing # 473

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 20, 2012, 02:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkay

Here's hoping for good news *holds breath*

angel

Gonna be ringing those bells at the Walmart tonight with some church folk for salvation army. I'm laughing already thinking of the Pastor last year singing "ho ho ho give up the dough"!!  :rofl:
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

Lynx

You should put up a sign, "$20 to stop ringing for 5 minutes."  You'd make a killing.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

kkay

A couple weekends ago I went to the store with my mom and one of my nephews. He was wearing a spiderman coat and the guy went NUTS over the coat. He kept calling my nephew spiderman and playing around with him. Got mom to give a dollar so I guess it worked ;)

angel

:biglaugh: Yeah, that works well; acting goofy and interacting with the shoppers. I was told we were the best group that the salvation army had last year. People must have liked our singing and friendly interactions with the shoppers.  :sing: It must have been the Holy Ghost!
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

kkay

I worked with a lady one time who said she got paid $9/hour to stand out there for them. I used to think people did it for free...but I guess it makes sense that people wanna get paid for standing out in the cold ringing a bell.

mini

:offtopic:

I found my hat.  For a bald guy, hats are important.  And I have not been able to figure out where I put my favorite ball cap for about 3 weeks.  And today, at work, I moved the printer, and there it was.  It had fallen down beside the printer and my desk.  I am so happy...LOL

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

We have hot water again, bless God!  lol 

mini

Glad you are finally bathing again, you hippy.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

What?  I can't hear you over that glare...   :cool:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on December 04, 2012, 02:41:11 AM
Yes. That one. The one where you and I were in love.

Isn't that this life as well?

Dr visit for my wrists today. Early stages of carpel tunnel. I have a plethora of things to do/take for it to try and avoid surgery. Blah.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Plethora!! That's one of my favorite words!

+10 Pts for you!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

I forgot about smiting and blessing..

Wait, how did I get so many?  BOL!

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on December 04, 2012, 10:08:27 PM
Plethora!! That's one of my favorite words!

+10 Pts for you!

Haha I like it too. I use it in and sometimes out of context too. Ha
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on December 04, 2012, 12:04:58 PM
Another death.

Everybody stay away from Mel-Mel if you want to live....

I went to work.  Some things were rather harrowing.  But I survived.  Got groceries after.  Came home, shut up the fowl and such, showered.  I'm eating a salad.

The Purple Fuzzy

i need to go to the store & get some milk & stuff.  I hate that it gets dark so early.

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 05, 2012, 12:38:45 AM
i need to go to the store & get some milk & stuff.  I hate that it gets dark so early.

Hang in there, it'll start improving in a few weeks.

I try not to make eye contact with or walk to close to or acknowledge the SA bell ringers unless I have to.  They intimidate me.  I can't give money to everything in the world.  :P

Heather

Work was bleh. Slow though so that was good. Starting really super crummy again near the end of the day. I feel like something is swelling up in my throat area. Got my headache back. Told Brandon he may be taking me to the doctor tomorrow.

Went after work and bought both of us new shoes. Merry Christmas to us!! He hadn't had new, good work shoes in over a year. His older ones burst at the seams [literally] and he bought some cheap-o shoes at Walmart a few months ago.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

SippinTea

Jenn - I blessed you for using "plethora". ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

So did I! Lol 

I think I'll bless her again for it! I was pleased! :)

SippinTea

I shall bless you for blessing her. ;)

P.S. I didn't mean to make you cry with my letter to Thomas.  :-?

MelodyB

Well you did. But it was good.

Emotions are crazy for me lately. The least little thing starts me up again. But it's ok. That's how He created us. It's part of the grief and healing process.

I will bless you for blessing me for blessing Jenn.

Melody

Ruby, are you sewing/knitting all your Christmas presents this year?  I saw a knitted bassinet and thought of you.

SippinTea

Some of them I'm making. The biggest project is a quilt I'm trying to get finished for Jason. He loves the fleece hat I made him last year, and he tends to run cold. So I'm making a quilt out of upcycled t-shirt knit (greens and browns) and backing it with green fleece. I'm figuring he can curl up with his book(s) and his fuzzy blanket and stay warmer. :) Sean... he's tougher to please. I'm thinking I may take an old (beloved) t-shirt that he outgrew and make him a throw pillow for his bed. He'd asked me to do that earlier this year, but then I got busy with orders and it somehow didn't happen yet. So I may try to do that after the quilt gets finished.

A knitted bassinet?? Was it kind of like a Moses' Basket?

Chseeads

And I smote everyone that had posted on this page, whether you needed it or not.  :hypocrite: