News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

We are Thankful as can be in Sharing # 473

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 20, 2012, 02:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Morning. Ok...so it's almost noon. But I did t get out of bed till 8:30. That's late for me nowadays.

I'm hungry.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Quote from: HeatherB on November 30, 2012, 01:23:27 PM
Up heading to work. Glad I don't have to see these people for 2 whole days after. I think they full moon has just made them worse this week. I work evening kennels on Sunday but thankfully I'm there alone for that shift.

Praying for Jolene.
If there was a full moon, it probably made them worse.  In the old apostolic chat days, we usually got a lot more trolls when there was a full moon.  Never did understand it myself. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

In local news, people sure were uptight last night at work.  The boss said the 17th might be our last day before the big, loooooong christmas vacation instead of working through the 21st.  That means a lot less money, which has a lot of people concerned.  So yeah, there were very few people in anything close to a good mood last night. 

Maybe they'll be happier tonight.  Maybe they will have adjusted to it and accepted it.  Yeah.

Maybe I should bring a chocolate pudding cake as a mood adjuster. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

The extra vacation time would be nice if you didn't have to worry about the money part.

Lynx

The extra vacation time IS my worry.  I ran the numbers and I'll have enough money - not a lot, but enough - but all that time with nothing to do...

Oh well, I thought that about Thanksgiving week off and I wound up busy.  Maybe it'll happen again.  But I don't think it will - nobody ever does anything the two weeks after Christmas. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Man, as long as there is a library, I'd never be without something to do. Come to think of it, as long as I have a wife, she'll ensure I have something to do.  :biglaugh:
Took Chey to school, went by the library, went by walmart and got some of Chey The Pampered Pintsized Princess' Christmas gifts..... Now I'm cleaning up the kitchen/mess I made last night. Lou nearly died at the thought of leaving it such a mess overnight, but I scored a point for the Messy Husbands of America... :clap:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

We have a library, but it ain't all that good.  Small town library doesn't have the budget for a large selection.  And I don't have a wife. 

There's always music - I still have a lot of records and cassettes to transcribe, not to mention this soundtrack for "Lovely noise." 
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on November 30, 2012, 06:56:17 PM
Man, as long as there is a library, I'd never be without something to do. Come to think of it, as long as I have a wife, she'll ensure I have something to do.  :biglaugh:
Took Chey to school, went by the library, went by walmart and got some of Chey The Pampered Pintsized Princess' Christmas gifts..... Now I'm cleaning up the kitchen/mess I made last night. Lou nearly died at the thought of leaving it such a mess overnight, but I scored a point for the Messy Husbands of America... :clap:
So is the recliner her gift?

Roscoe

Yes. She fell in love with it, told me she could read her Archie comics in it and be comfortable- "just like Daddy". She threw a wall-eyed fit when I refused to buy it on the spot a week ago- I nearly had to spank her.  :o It is SO cute- just a miniturized version of  a recliner. And before Mini starts- I CANNOT fit in it, it is too small....  :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on November 30, 2012, 07:09:45 PM
Did you try?
I plead the fifth. Or, if I keep hanging around you nuts, I'll DRINK the fifth. :P

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 30, 2012, 07:22:07 PM
:nono:  now, now Roscoe, no drinking allowed.
Not even a little wine, for my stomach's sake?  :-?

MsJennJenn

What's GP coming too? Meller sells, plants and probably smokes weed....the respectable GOVERNMENT employee of the board DRINKS.

Lord almighty
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm not sure Meller smokes the weed but she's for sure always making brownies. ;)

Roscoe

If'n I were not a government employee, and didn't hang around here so much, drink would not be a battle for me.  :laughhard: And for the record, I have always went way overboard with every habit/hobby I have. Moderation is NOT one of my virtues. If I was gonna drink, I'd be like Otis from the Andy Griffith show.... :laughhard:

Lynx

"Otis what are you doing drunk, it's not the weekend!"
"I know, but I'm shelebratin ma annivershary."
"Anniversary?  You're not married."
"No, but twelve years ago today I took my firsht drink... And I've been all over it ever shinsh!"
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 30, 2012, 06:59:28 PM
We have a library, but it ain't all that good.  Small town library doesn't have the budget for a large selection.  And I don't have a wife. 

There's always music - I still have a lot of records and cassettes to transcribe, not to mention this soundtrack for "Lovely noise."

does your library offer an exchange [I think that's what our library calls it]? if Bristol doesn't have the book they can search a couple different branches in the area and have it sent here so you could check it out. really handy. especially with 3 local colleges libraries also available.

speaking of reading I'm rereading The Refiners Fire [I think it's called that] series by Lynn Austin. I have finally found them all so I can reread them whenever. YAY!!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

I'm so bored. :yawn:

I would have probably already left, but I have a conference call at 3pm. :roll:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

It's painfully slow here. Sadly I'm the closer today and have no opportunity to leave this place before 5:30 EST. sigh......

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, I thought I might be bored this afternoon, but I got new job checking over another employees work to make sure it was done right before it gets submitted. :eyebrow:

Heather

I've now been going to the gym for 3 days. Man has my posture improved! I noticed today at work I'm already standing straighter. Woot!!

Now I'm at home to feed my men and my animals. Still not entirely sure what I'm doing for my 2 days off.

angel

Could I possibly be allergic to my new English Ivy? Itchy and scratchy.
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

Melody

Driving through Kansas.  At least the roads are very straight.  Otherwise boring. 

So what you're saying Roscoe, is that if you started down a path of Hemp brownies & other hemp laced things, you'd be a goner?  Hmmmm...

I'm actually the opposite.  I could never be a crackhead, too much commitment.  Lol