News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We are Thankful as can be in Sharing # 473

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 20, 2012, 02:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on November 30, 2012, 04:07:50 AM
Then my friend Krissy had her baby girl today. Natural labor, no complications, and the baby is completely perfect and healthy. So far she has not been given a name. We are just calling her Lil Toe cause their last name is Toehay.

....and she looks like Murrell Ewing.

Lynx

About a tenth of a mile from home, going a good 40 mph, I hit a deer.  Do they watch for you to come and intentionally run out in the road?  Took out a turn signal, but the bumper has no dents, nothing but a bit of fur and a dirty deer smell (at least I assume that's what it is.) 

Second deer I've hit on the road I live on.  Apparently it's true what they say about Fords being tough.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Up heading to work. Glad I don't have to see these people for 2 whole days after. I think they full moon has just made them worse this week. I work evening kennels on Sunday but thankfully I'm there alone for that shift.

Praying for Jolene.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

Quote from: Chseeads on November 30, 2012, 04:51:11 AM
Quote from: MellowYellow on November 30, 2012, 12:34:48 AM
Quote from: Chseeads on November 29, 2012, 11:19:43 PM
Went and cleaned that apartment building for my sister today.  I like the money, but the place makes my nose snotty.....it's not very dirty per se...  Just seems like something in there that messes with my sinuses....  Or something. 

probably black mold or carbon dioxide... 

Since when does carbon dioxide inhabit a building and make your nose snotty?  :-?  ???

I was being onrey.  I shoulda put a smiley after that.  Allergies does seem logical though. 

Melody

School lunches are an irritation for me.  It costs $2.15/day for Andrew to eat lunch at school.  I can make him lunch for FAR cheaper but not necessarily a cold lunch he can take to school.  Bread, cheese, lunch meat and whatever else to actually put enough in a growing 14 yr. old's tummy is a challenge.  But man oh man.  About $43/mo on just his school lunch is ridiculous.

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on November 30, 2012, 04:16:01 AM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 29, 2012, 05:32:05 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on November 29, 2012, 05:24:37 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 29, 2012, 04:41:02 PMladyshep:  That sounds almost exactly like what I was saying to someone on a forum a while ago. 

And it's amazing how people can build up a mental image of a person they know only from a forum, and it can be totally wrong. 

Can only know what we see/read.  We're not all psychic.  If they want people to know them, then be more open.  Otherwise they can't complain that people don't know the "real" them.       

:roll:

Makes sense to me. Like even though Chel hides her face from the online world...the rest of her we know or causes us to want to know....which thus intrigues a visit...and then you know her face!

Mini's humor and his family make me wanna meet him.
I wanna meet him and Roscoe together, so I can see how short Roscoe is.
:pound: :pound:

Roscoe is shorter in real life than he is on the forum.  Trust me.

Im uglier in person than I am on here.  Also with more hair on my ears than I have on here.   Im also smarter on here than I am in real life.

Man, I think I may just stay online.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 30, 2012, 01:54:14 PM
School lunches are an irritation for me.  It costs $2.15/day for Andrew to eat lunch at school.  I can make him lunch for FAR cheaper but not necessarily a cold lunch he can take to school.  Bread, cheese, lunch meat and whatever else to actually put enough in a growing 14 yr. old's tummy is a challenge.  But man oh man.  About $43/mo on just his school lunch is ridiculous.

Yes, but the real question is can Andrew survive on your cooking?!?

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

mini

Quote from: MelodyB on November 30, 2012, 04:07:50 AM
For those that don't know...my friend Jolene who I went to see yesterday, lost the baby last night. She had her in the morning, and because of a birth defect, she didn't live very long. Please say a prayer for the Gould family. Baby Hope was precious.

Then my friend Krissy had her baby girl today. Natural labor, no complications, and the baby is completely perfect and healthy. So far she has not been given a name. We are just calling her Lil Toe cause their last name is Toehay.

The contrast between the experiences I have had the past two days is really hard to swallow. Two sweet baby girls. Two lives. So innocent. But one gone and the other spared. My whole world has seemed to slam into fast forward, and I'm riding a roller coaster of emotions. It's been crazy.

I'm happy for my friends who have their child. And my heart is ripped in pieces over the loss of the other child. Such pain and joy doesn't seem possible to feel at the same time, but that's where I am finding myself at.

So anyway. Here I am. Trying to get back into my normal routine. Without breaking down or losing it.

The Lord giveth and He taketh away. BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD.

Mel, my heart breaks for the family that lost that precious little one.  And like you, I rejoice with the family that welcomed a new life.

I wish I knew why God allowed somethings to happen the way he does.  I do believe that we will know at some point, until then, its like waiting for a present.  We know we got something, but we are not allowed to peek.  Then one day, it falls in place and we see the picture.

I guess what I am saying is this:  Ill pray for not just peace and comfort for the family that's reeling from the loss, but for understanding.

-mini

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Melody

I'm so sorry Mel.  What an emotional roller coaster to be in the middle of.

Quote from: minnesota68 on November 30, 2012, 02:08:34 PMYes, but the real question is can Andrew survive on your cooking?!?

He's NEVER complained about my brownies.   :hypocrite:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 30, 2012, 02:25:51 PM
I'm so sorry Mel.  What an emotional roller coaster to be in the middle of.

Quote from: minnesota68 on November 30, 2012, 02:08:34 PMYes, but the real question is can Andrew survive on your cooking?!?

He's NEVER complained about my brownies.   :hypocrite:

Who would once the high takes over?

And I wish I could have school lunch for 2.15 a day again. I LOVED school lunches.
Best food EVER. lol especially in jr high and hs school!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

YOu must have had a nice school.   Andrew has chicken nearly every day.  They rarely ever have beef, the "fresh" produces is always soft/brown and the salads are basically lettuce w/ a random tomato.  Not cool.  They don't have the yucky cliché school foods though of unidentifiable slop.  Some days though, it's worthless.  Like nachos.  Literally, cheese and chips.

MsJennJenn

In 6-7 grade, I went to an old country school where the Elementary/Middle/High schools were all one BIG school. The food there was fresh and yummy every day.

Once we moved to DFW - the JR high and HS food wasn't the "best" health wise but it was yummy! lol
Chicken basket w/fries and gravy....the biscuit and gravy for breakfast in the morning....YUM.
In HS, you had a "chicken" line which had chicken nuggets/fries/gravy, or spicy chicken bites/fries/gravy...
you had a "Mexican" line which had these taquito type deals with beans and rice SO GOOD...
you had a "sandwich" line - for subs/chips etc.
then you had an "Italian" line for pizza, mozzarella sticks and something else I can't remember....
then you had a "random" food line - for like I guess the daily special lol

Been out of HS almost 10 years and I still remember all that...sad LOL
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Too many restrictions on what they can serve now.  I've heard that lots of kids are still hungry after school lunches.

Melody

They are.  The things they count for food now.  My friend who works in the school system said a popcycle counts as a serving of fruit. 

I remember always being hungry after school but Andrew is starving.  But he's growing too.  I can give him a snack after school and he's still ready for dinner 2 hrs later.

MsJennJenn

It's just about how cheap they can serve that many kids nowadays. :roll:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on November 30, 2012, 02:07:50 PM
Roscoe is shorter in real life than he is on the forum.  Trust me. I AM NOT!!! Ya galoot. I am of perfectly normal height. You are overgrown.

Im uglier in person than I am on here.  Also with more hair on my ears than I have on here.   Im also smarter on here than I am in real life.
Finally, something we can agree on.  :hypocrite:
Man, I think I may just stay online.
:pound: :pound: :pound:

Now- stop talking about food, ya nuts. At the library. Gotta run by the store and pick up a few groceries, then go clean the house. The kitchen is so bad, if any of you came to see me, I'd make you stand outside. It's a result of my successful expermient of making homemade hotpockets/breakfast calzones/whatever ya want to call them.
And to make the day great- I drove the antique, of course.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

From FB:
QuoteJP: "I just realized Roscoe would be shorter than both of the girls....ROFLOL"

I'm am 5'5-5'6ish.

If nothing else, you'll feel good next to Hannah when we all meet.  Right now she's 4'10" w/o shoes.  So you'll be taller than somebody, we won't mention the fact that it's a 10yr old girl.   :biglaugh:

I agree though, I really want to meet ya Roscoe.  And so does Nathan and the kids.  It's not just me on the computer, I often relay the funny happenings on GP.  Sometimes Nathan or the kids are right there laughing with me.  They loved your PoPo stories.  Speaking of which.  I heard the new ghetto word for police is now "The Fuzz" and will be yelled promptly "The Fuzz are comin'" right before your arrival. 

Heather

Y'all stop talking about food. I'm hungry and all we got around here at work is crackers.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 30, 2012, 04:04:05 PM
He said you are shorter than ChelleBelle and I both.  I'm am 5'5-5'6ish. 

If nothing else, you'll feel good next to Hannah when we all meet.  Right now she's 4'10" w/o shoes.  So you'll be taller than somebody, we won't mention the fact that it's a 10yr old girl.   :biglaugh:

I agree though, I really want to meet ya Roscoe.  And so does Nathan and the kids.  It's not just me on the computer, I often relay the funny happenings on GP.  Sometimes Nathan or the kids are right there laughing with me.  They loved your PoPo stories.  Speaking of which.  I heard the new ghetto word for police is now "The Fuzz" and will be yelled promptly "The Fuzz are comin'" right before your arrival.
Bah. Minnie lies.  :pound: He's just jealous because I can walk into a normal size building without hitting my head.  :hypocrite:  Lou and I'd both like to meet you guys, and it will happen one day....I'd love to write some more PO-Po stories, but most of the ones I have are of the rougher side of life... :lol:
And because I am "The Fuzz", I am good at sneaking, therefore you never know when I may be arriving- in your case, probably with a swat team and a warrant given your "herbal garden".  :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

The fuzz is an old term for police, did it have a resurgance?

Melody

Quote from: Roscoe on November 30, 2012, 04:12:37 PMBah. Minnie lies.  :pound: He's just jealous because I can walk into a normal size building without hitting my head.  :hypocrite:  Lou and I'd both like to meet you guys, and it will happen one day....I'd love to write some more PO-Po stories, but most of the ones I have are of the rougher side of life... :lol:
And because I am "The Fuzz", I am good at sneaking, therefore you never know when I may be arriving- in your case, probably with a swat team and a warrant given your "herbal garden".  :P

Now you have said it.  You ARE "The Fuzz."  What gets said now is not my fault!!! 

PF, it must have.  Nothing is really ever "new" anymore is it? 

The Purple Fuzzy