News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Confuse-Us say: He who has dog will get his licks, in Sharing 466

Started by Lynx, July 29, 2012, 07:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

Sorry, Sandra. :(

Isaac, that sounds just... well, I'm not sure how to respond. *lol* I feel bad for your boss, but it sounds like it might end up being nice for you.

Sethers - *sniffle* I am so sorry that your one true love has dumped you for.... someone who will be more true to her. :P

Officer Bob - The boys are almost done with their comic in which you play a main part. *grin* It's taking them forever and a day since you said you wanted to see it. Apparently it has to be "perfect" before they will let anyone but me or their dad see their work. :lol: I'll try to get it scanned in as soon as I am given the "okay."

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Lynx

SippinTea:  Exactly, I feel split about it.  This job has been good to me - the bosses actually listen when you have an idea for how to do something better, it pays well and they're honest in their dealing with employees.  I am always up for overtime, but it just doesn't seem fair to them.   :-\
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Who are you calling peoples?  The only posts that had been made on this page were from a weird cat and a wicked old shrew....   :smirk2:

Went to town and peddled eggs and produce, worked 3 stores, went to the dentist for a cleaning, and the grocery store for some stuff to make vegetable beef stew to can on the way home....

Eating a BBP.

MelodyB

Wow. You are more talented than we thought if you can can soup on the way home! :o

taco_harvell

Getting ready for some sleep. I work in the morning then it's off to Georgia for a kid's revival.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 15, 2012, 01:50:22 AM
Quote from: MelodyB on August 15, 2012, 12:32:03 AM
Wow. You are more talented than we thought if you can can soup on the way home! :o
For sure.

I had to re-read that like 3 times. Cus she said can...can...lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

You know, it bothers me that constricting churches cause young people to believe that their only choices are either IN that church or EXACTLY like that church to be able to live for God. (This is NOT my church but I have seen such ridiculousness far too often) Anything else is considered backslidden and compromised.  So here are these young people who break down under the constriction, unable to see how to live for God as the way they continue and the devil jumps ALL over it!  They backslide for real and go through a horrid time of planting bad seeds and reaping deep pain only to still think that the only way they can come back to God is to go back to that same church or church personality.  When perhaps, if they were taught how big the kingdom of God is, and GRACE as they seek God's will and direction, they wouldn't backslide in the first place. 

"Grow where you're planted" is used for manipulation far too often.  A desperate soul can get the HG just about anywhere.

Up and down, in and out, roller coaster walks with God.  We need good sense to keep getting preached more and more as the rapture draws so very close.

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on August 15, 2012, 12:32:03 AM
You wouldn't believe the things you can plug into the cigarette lighter these days.  Curling iron (with 6' cord for convenient backseat styling) blender (sidewalk smoothies anyone) and a lot of other stuff... and a 4-way adapter so you can plug them all in at once! So yeah, why not a car pressure cooker as well?

MellowYellow:  Are we talking about standards or doctrine?  Most standards are strictly local (as well they should be) but doctrine is universal.

I probably mentioned this before here on the forum, but... we went to another United Pentecostal Church and one of the ladies from my church was very disturbed that someone on the platform had a beard.  She tried to say the Bible specifically spoke against facial hair.  (SPOILER ALERT:  It doesn't.)  While the standard was needed, and still is in some churches, you can't hold everyone to the same standards because they don't live in the same area that might require those standards.

I know one church that has a standard against dominoes.  That sounds ludicrous, until you find out that a lot of people were skipping Sunday night church to play dominoes at a friend's house.  And it would be ludicrous for my church to have that standard, because we don't have that problem.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

One can of soup didn't seal.  That is so supremely aggravating. 

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on August 15, 2012, 03:14:17 AM
You know, it bothers me that constricting churches cause young people to believe that their only choices are either IN that church or EXACTLY like that church to be able to live for God. (This is NOT my church but I have seen such ridiculousness far too often) Anything else is considered backslidden and compromised.  So here are these young people who break down under the constriction, unable to see how to live for God as the way they continue and the devil jumps ALL over it!  They backslide for real and go through a horrid time of planting bad seeds and reaping deep pain only to still think that the only way they can come back to God is to go back to that same church or church personality.  When perhaps, if they were taught how big the kingdom of God is, and GRACE as they seek God's will and direction, they wouldn't backslide in the first place. 

"Grow where you're planted" is used for manipulation far too often.  A desperate soul can get the HG just about anywhere.

Up and down, in and out, roller coaster walks with God.  We need good sense to keep getting preached more and more as the rapture draws so very close.
Ya know, I somewhat agree Meller, but - I also feel like way to often we have people that refuse to try to "grow where they're planted".....I've known many who got the mindset that they could go to other churches to  outrun their problems. End result was, they never put down roots and became a part of the body. They wound up further from God than they would've if they'd stayed where they were and tried to live for God.
  Now my church is, I feel, very conservative. I have been raised there all of my life and there have been oftentimes rules that I disagree with. I have, however stayed and attempted to keep the right spirit and respect my shephard. Many of my friends growing up took the mindset that "that isn't necessary, so I'm not gonna do it." They eventually moved to another church. And another church. And another church. They are now completely out of church.
Now, I'm not saying that it happens everytime. but I feel that alot of times the roller coaster walks with God and the problem with "constricting churches" isn't necessarily the church. If a person, young or old,  loves God and is devoted to HIS will, and keeps a right spirit, they won't have the "roller coaster" ride. They may not agree with everything in their church, but they will be able to be a stable contributing member.
If this makes sense- I feel too many times individuals are quick to blame the church they come from or someone in the church for their problems, when the bottom line is, if they had a prayer life and a right spirit, their problems would be non existant. It is time for God's people to quit playing the blame game and take responsibility for their life and their walk with God.......

And good morning everyone. Still in a little pain from the back, but God is good. Hope ya'll have a great day.  :hi:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

mini

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 15, 2012, 06:33:09 AM
I probably mentioned this before here on the forum, but... we went to another United Pentecostal Church and one of the ladies from my church was very disturbed that someone on the platform had a beard.

I had to read that several times.  I thought you were saying a lady on the platform had a beard.  :ugly: 

I had this mental image of a woman in a dress, hair in a bun, with a full mountain man beard. 

Personally, I would have a problem with that too...not so much with the beard as much as the fact that I would go into hysterics laughing every time I saw her, and laughing at every person who saw her for the first time.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 15, 2012, 06:33:09 AMMellowYellow:  Are we talking about standards or doctrine?  Most standards are strictly local (as well they should be) but doctrine is universal.

Not doctrine.  That never changes.  And not even so much standards but just the controlling mentality that insists no one or anything else is better.  Often standards can be used to manipulate but it's not legalism I'm referring to. 

I agree Roscoe.  People do need to sit and learn and be submissive, and grow.  Oh boy do I agree, I have a very hard time giving anyone credibility that goes from church to church.  But I'm not referring to church hoppers.  I'm referring to the ones that LOVE Jesus and are in a place that has little more if anything to offer them anymore. Not because the church is even necessarily bad but because God is calling them out!  They may have edified them to where they are now but God has more for them and it's not at that church.  The issue comes when churches want people to come in but never leave.  And I say churches but it comes from the leadership.  Often times, after a while, the pastor doesn't have to say much at all, the church is trained to think that way.  So that if someone does feel called out to go do something somewhere else for God, it must be rebellion.

I'm not kidding.  I was told once that they didn't teach Bible studies or have prayer mtgs away from church because somebody might try and start their own church and take those with them.   :roll:  It's so retarded that there are even organizational lines between apostolics.  Or that ministry is limited within them!  If they think their preacher is going to backslide by going and preaching to a hungry baptist church, why isn't the pastor discipling him to be more solid than that?  So then a pastor's fear of losing a saint becomes that saint's fear of reaching others. 

The kingdom of God IS big and there is a lot going on and opportunities for those sold out for Jesus.  Those sold out for Jesus have solid foundations, tried and true faithfulness, and the fruit of the Spirit.  They are already leaders and workers in the churches.  I think their spirit bears witness if they are just someone looking to leave and starting garbage to do it, and someone that truly is torn between submission and calling.  The two should never conflict.  Ideally,  the pastor comes around.  Unfortunately, that doesn't always happen and people almost have to be cut off so that they can be transplanted somewhere healthy.  And even then, they wrestle with the mentality they were trained with or the Biblical mentality in which they need to fulfill God's will.

It just seems ridiculous to me.  That this endtime revival... I can see why it can't be contained within any one church/denomination/organization.  Because some, once converted, will be more powerful that others that were practically born converted because of the junk that they were taught as part of Truth that really wasn't truth.  Not limited to standards at all.  Stuff like segregation- mixed marriages, and how to treat certain sinful people over others, financial and health stewardship beyond tithes/offering, spiritual authority, and even having a relationship with God yourSELF and not through the church or leadership.  You know, I know some that came from a church that was taught you go to the church and pray.  So they would go every day at like 4am to pray.  Now did God bless them, yes!  But there was not teaching that you can touch God at home, in your car, ect.  That you can hear a Word from God directly!  So God blesses them but they are not equipped. 

Case in point.  I have witnessed God deliver someone from homosexuality completely.  I have also witnessed much MORE an under current of discrimination from apostolics against gays as if they can't get Jesus like anyone else and be delivered like anyone else.  As if when they get saved, they aren't truly clean and restored.  Crack heads get more compassion.  So then, there's not only a lack of reaching that kind of person if they're around you but to actually despise them.  Treat them like they ARE satan. This is only one subject.  But it's a poisonous line of thinking that isn't FOR people and their success in God, perhaps beyond our little world, but suspicious, negative, and insecure/prideful.

And from time to time.  It grates on my nerves.  Can you tell?  lol 

/rant

Roscoe

I see what you are saying.....Im fortunant i guess because ive never saw that from my pastor, or been around that kind of spirit.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Some people just think it's not smoke unless it's coming from their chimney. 

Melody

You are blessed. 

I wonder sometimes why I've seen so much silliness.  The only answer I know presently is to train my children better and to intercede.  I have family in 3 different apostolic orgs.   I seen stuff growing up, I've experienced only a little bit, and I see it going on in others.

I am so blessed that my pastor as well, never gives place to such nonsense.  And I've seen the work of God go so much farther because of that grace.  At the same time, I've witnessed people who have come out of that be astonished because they never knew church/God could be so wonderful and I guess positive.  They were told how liberal and worldly other churches were and it wasn't true!  lol

Melody

Quote from: Chseeads on August 15, 2012, 07:06:05 PMSome people just think it's not smoke unless it's coming from their chimney.

hahahaha, now that sums it all up right there.  I shoulda just told you and you give me a simple statement to say... LOL 

Hope I didn't kill the thread.

MelodyB

The sharing thread never dies! We just ignore the parts we don't wanna comment on, and talk about whatever else...like beans.

My Internet was down for most of the afternoon. None of my web based apps would work. NOTHING.

I almost died.

:casket:

Heather

Sorry I haven't posted much. Honestly my mind is in a huge muddle, I haven't spoken to any church people [other than Mel and 1 girl from church] in weeks, work is about the most ridiculous thing ever [i've about walked out every day the past week and a half], and we've been working on cleaning up Brandon's house. Living with mom hasn't been bad, but the moment dad gets home all hades breaks loose. I've got to get out of here as soon as I can. No idea how I'll manage that but it'll have to be soon.

Just pray for me if you happen to think of it. Not sure I'll be on much as I'm now in the midst of a 60 hour work week  :smirk2:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine: