So Mini Met Roscoe Rd 2 (Contest Entry Thread)

Started by mini, June 18, 2012, 12:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

After MUCH consideration, we decided there was NO way Roscoe could have 1) gotten in this thing, or 2) afforded to drive it.

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

The one car that really had me puzzled...they wanted somewhere well north of $30,000 for this car.  First, it was nice.  Second, it was NOT a Bel-Air.  Its a 57 Chevy 2 Door Post.  My uncle had one just like it, and while a beautiful car, its not as valuable as the original....

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

mini

The truck thats on the trailer is quite possibly the rarest truck on Petit Jean...

mini

After this, we headed back down to Morrilton, where Roscoe nearly got tazered at the grocery store, then back to his house.  There, he proceded to break out some of the biggest steaks I have ever laid eyes on, and really went to fixing a good dinner.

mini

mini

After supper, we had a good ol' gospel sanging, which would have lasted much longer, had not I heard the distant calling of bed.  Seems my spirituality is greatly diminished with exhaustion...LOL

mini

Not the best picture, but you can see Chey's hair blowing wild....thats the best way to enjoy a old truck...sitting next to daddy....LOL

mini

Looking from the passenger seat at Rusty's dash...

mini

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mini

On the way into town, we started passing bicycle riders:

mini

mini

mini

And more!  At some point, I just got tired of taking pictures.

mini

More later....
Quote from: MelodyB on June 30, 2012, 11:50:57 AM
Quote from: minnesota68 on June 30, 2012, 11:33:16 AM

My dad had one similar a few years ago. I'll dig up a pic.

His was a '39.

Please do!  I love old pictures like that.

MelodyB

mini

MelodyB

It was even better in person. The paint job was one that changed ever so slightly when you looked at it from different angles. Had a very faint glitter to it. That was his pride and joy. But after Katrina, he came here to help rebuild, so he sold that, and the house it's sitting in front of.

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 30, 2012, 11:25:58 AM

This was owned by the friend that owned the '66 Chevy truck I commented on early. Beautifull done car, but the first time I saw it, I asked Gene, "What possessed you to paint neon lime green stripes on it?!?! Why not a nice white or red?" His answer- "I wanted to be different."  :laughhard: Mission accomplished, bud. Mission accomplished.The car actually appears more black in person, even though it has a green sheen here.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 30, 2012, 11:33:57 AM

This little car was amazing. So cool to hear it crank and run.....I'd drive it regularly...

The burgandy '36 Chevy, I believe it was, that Mini posted, I drooled over......Only thing I'd do different is remove the fender skirts....
Quote from: minnesota68 on June 30, 2012, 12:08:28 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on June 30, 2012, 12:00:30 PM

Oh my word...that is beautiful!
I agree!  It's got Oldsmobile wheels from the mid eighties, it looks like, and I'd love to have that little darling.  The '40 models look alot different, not as pretty, imo.. That is the perfect family car.....
Quote from: minnesota68 on June 30, 2012, 11:47:52 AM
Not the best picture, but you can see Chey's hair blowing wild....thats the best way to enjoy a old truck...sitting next to daddy....LOL

I think she was toasted out by the heat at this point...........

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on June 30, 2012, 02:59:49 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on June 30, 2012, 11:33:57 AM

I think she was toasted out by the heat at this point...........

Nope, she had just woke up...LOL  She was gathering steam...LOL

Melody

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 30, 2012, 11:35:30 AM
After MUCH consideration, we decided there was NO way Roscoe could have 1) gotten in this thing, or 2) afforded to drive it.

I seen those when I was a kid.  Ay some point I out grew Tonka trucks & Power Wheels though. 

Hehehe