News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

So Mini Met Roscoe Rd 2 (Contest Entry Thread)

Started by mini, June 18, 2012, 12:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Ok, a few more photos.  Roscoe will have to jump in here and do some splaining on what we are looking at...

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

mini

mini

mini

mini

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 20, 2012, 06:41:21 PM
Ok, a few more photos.  Roscoe will have to jump in here and do some splaining on what we are looking at...

Not a hundred percent sure- it appears to me to be a '27 or so, T Model Roadster pickup- but it has been heavily modified, with the body channelled and the top chopped. It also looks to be running a Model "A" grille of 1929.... It is running a Flat Head engine, probably what is known as a 53B. Very big in traditional hot rodding circles. Quite probably very close to what you would've saw on the road around the late 50's as a hot rod for a kid- only now the "kid" has money and finished it to a much greater detail. The wheels on it are known as "Artillery Wheels" and bring a pretty penny by themselves, and that pair of Offenhauser heads probably cost the owner a couple grand. Flatheads ain't cheap. I DO know that the man stated it had a 5 speed in it, which would enable it to be driven distances. I was very much in like with this little jewel. Oh, for deeper pockets.....full of money, of course.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 20, 2012, 08:15:21 PM

1971-1972 Chevy truck with a sportside bed from an '88 to '98 Chevy truck. Not an unusual combo, these beds are fairly popular to use on these trucks. I'm not crazy about the look, but they are okay..
Quote from: minnesota68 on June 20, 2012, 08:16:39 PM

Same year truck, only somewhat more stock. Wheels kill it for me- I've always thought 15 inch Cragars or stock Rallyes look best on this bodystyle.
Quote from: minnesota68 on June 20, 2012, 08:17:18 PM

One of the FEW bodystyles of Ford trucks Bro Papa hates. Perversly enough, one of the FEW bodystyles of Ford trucks that I like.  :laughhard: This'n was done EXACTLY to my taste....I love the color, the wheels, the stance, and it is running a fuel injected 5.0 out of a mustang, complete with overdrive transmission. No wild body mods, so anyone can tell what it originally looked like...I tell you , it is truely one of few Ford trucks I'd be proud to own. Stunning.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Hey GALOOT- How 'bout some more pics?!? I ain't saw the ones you took.... :pound: :pound:

mini

mini

mini

mini

mini

mini

mini

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 22, 2012, 06:04:00 PM

1966 Mustang. A V8/auto car, I was surprised to find it somewhat reasonably priced at $8500. These little cars are very popular for collectors, but as they made a ton of 'em, they're not super expensive. A mint show example might be, but nice drivers, like this one, can be picked up under $10k anytime. There is a HUGE aftermarket for them as well, so any part needed is available. One of the cars I would strongly recommend for anyone wanting to get into the collector car hobby. You almost can't lose money on them, as there is always someone wanting them. :thumbsup2:

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 22, 2012, 06:04:32 PM

This wicked little '66 Nova hit all the right notes with me.....Cragar SS wheels- one of my favorite wheel designs- a hot small block, and a black paint job deep enough to fall into....Sweet! And only $11k. What a steal.
Quote from: minnesota68 on June 22, 2012, 06:05:07 PM
For Taco:

The base model '57 four door. A humble little family car in '57, powered by a 235 straight six like Sam's, they purr along the highway lookin'. Being a four door, it'll never bring the skyhigh prices its two door BelAire brethren will, but it still has that striking design that has made a '57 Chevy THE collector car for years. I'd have driven this little jewel home in a heartbeat, only stopping to remove the fender skirts. Owner was begging for someone to take it home, pricing it at a reasonable $6800 or best offer.
Quote from: minnesota68 on June 22, 2012, 06:06:46 PM
I love these:

As posted before on a pic of one of these- I'd prefer it black and gold. With a week off. And a cowboy hat. And someone in a big rig to keep the Smokies off of me while I tear through three states, a'la Burt Reynolds. Better not give me the girl, though, Lou might get mad. :ugly:

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 22, 2012, 06:07:54 PM
The 6cyl Camaro:

:drool: :drool: Oh, Mama- Daddy want. :drool:
Quote from: minnesota68 on June 22, 2012, 06:08:32 PM

Proof that  1) there is no accounting for taste, 2) Some Corvette owners are idiots and 3) there's a butt for every seat, this poor 1968 Corvette WOULD have been high on my desirability list, if it were stock. Sadly, it wasn't, but I believe it found a new owner, judging by conversations I overheard while walking by. NOTE- while it was claimed to be a '68, the rear bumper appears to be a '74 or newer, as does the front. Real '68's had pretty chrome bumpers on each end...
Quote from: minnesota68 on June 22, 2012, 07:11:48 PM

A good cheap little Fairlane collector car, probably a '63 or so. I don't remember exactly and don't know enough about them to accurately identify. I do remember it had a 260 V8 and appeared to be a solid little car....

Heather

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 20, 2012, 08:16:39 PM

I think I'm drooling....

I would like this truck delivered to my current address please!!!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 25, 2012, 06:32:41 AM
Have either of you motorheads ever been to roadfly.com?
Nope. But I will......

And Taco, I refuse to stoop to your dirty low down tactics to win. It is nothing short of stealing to post a response to a pic in Mini's thread in YOUR thread.  :pound:

I DO admire your determination and inventiveness, though... :laughhard:

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on June 25, 2012, 09:00:53 PM

When mini and Roscoe work together!  :laughhard:
I may not stoop to your tactics, but since you are on my level..... :P