News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

So Mini Met Roscoe Rd 2 (Contest Entry Thread)

Started by mini, June 18, 2012, 12:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 30, 2012, 11:35:30 AM
After MUCH consideration, we decided there was NO way Roscoe could have 1) gotten in this thing, or 2) afforded to drive it.

Thanks to my slow internet, I missed some of these photos.... :pound:

And while I'd love to play in the mud with this thing, it is less practical than anything I have ever owned. Still kinda cool, with what, 44 inch tires?
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 30, 2012, 11:38:32 AM
The one car that really had me puzzled...they wanted somewhere well north of $30,000 for this car.  First, it was nice.  Second, it was NOT a Bel-Air.  Its a 57 Chevy 2 Door Post.  My uncle had one just like it, and while a beautiful car, its not as valuable as the original....

While I agree somewhat with your thinking, and the fact that the Bel Air is more expensive, the fact is, ANY two door '57 Chevy is big bucks. Especially if they are as nice as this one was. While miles out of my price range- at that pri Tce, it was out of my DREAM range- it probably wasn't badly priced, as I know of a similar genuine Bel-Air that is on the market at around $70,000. If you want '57 Chevy looks, you nearly have to be 1) Wealthy or 2) settle for a four door.

Quote from: MellowYellow on June 30, 2012, 06:04:14 PM

I seen those when I was a kid.  Ay some point I out grew Tonka trucks & Power Wheels though. 

Hehehe
I shall NEVER outgrow Power Wheels or Tonka toys. They are eternally cool. Just ask ANY man.  :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 30, 2012, 11:41:09 AM
The truck thats on the trailer is quite possibly the rarest truck on Petit Jean...

I quite agree. Folks, this is a 1946 Hudson pickup, that I've heard referred to as a "BigBoy". These trucks were somwhat more car like, sitting lower to the ground, having better ride quality and comfort than your average pickup of the '40's. Rarely will you find one in any condition, much less running. Way ahead of their time. I think this is the first I have saw in person and it was reasonably solid. I'd love to know what the owner wanted for it, but I don't recall seeing a price. Also- look at the rear fender. See that "well" in it? It is for the spare tire to fit into when mounted on the bed side. It didn't come that way. Some former owner, probably years ago, carefully hammered that dent into that fender. You could still see the hammer marks....

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 30, 2012, 11:42:56 AM
After this, we headed back down to Morrilton, where Roscoe nearly got tazered at the grocery store, then back to his house.  There, he proceded to break out some of the biggest steaks I have ever laid eyes on, and really went to fixing a good dinner.

First of all- the cop who was threatening me with a taser is a wuss, and one of my close friends. Only thing caused me worry about him is, he used to work for me and I might've denied him vacation in the past... :P

The steaks came from the local Butcher shop, John's Meat Market. I watched them cut them. Absolutly fabulous, and a treat I rarely indulge in. Mini was fortunant and timed his visit just right- when I was hankerin' fer a slab o' beef....

The pic of Lou and Chey- the reason I get up every morning, and the GREATEST thing to ever happen to me. Without them, I'd be nothing. Period.

And the singing- Lou loves to sing and has a voice of an angel. If she has a piano, she will lose herself for hours. Me, I just sit and enjoy. Unless it is ten o'clock and I have to work the next day... :biglaugh:

Melody

Quote from: Roscoe on June 30, 2012, 06:12:00 PMI shall NEVER outgrow Power Wheels or Tonka toys.  Just ask ANY man.  :hypocrite:

That's my point.  Unless leprachauns have more growth spurts.   :P

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on June 30, 2012, 09:01:34 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on June 30, 2012, 06:12:00 PMI shall NEVER outgrow Power Wheels or Tonka toys.  Just ask ANY man.  :hypocrite:

That's my point.  Unless leprachauns have more growth spurts.   :P
:pound: :pound:

Even if you ask the giant you are married to, I'll bet he'll agree that tonka toys are cool. Especially if they are self powered.  :hypocrite:

Melody

LOL You're so fun, Roscoe.  Love it.

It's hard to imagine Nathan in a powerwheels.  Our last car had a sunroof and I teased him about being Fred Flinstone with his hair sticking out the top.

Man, I woulda loved a Powerwheels as a kid.  I got whooped with a big wheel tire, does that count?

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

mini

mini

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 30, 2012, 09:50:12 PM

Ah, yes, the Graham.  If I'm not mistaken- going off of memory only here- these were made by a company originally known as "Graham-Paige". I would consider them more as competition for Cadillac and Lincoln, they were more of an upper end car. I want to say this one is probably around a  1929 model. What I've read indicates Graham introduced it's first models in 1927, restyling them in 1932..... The fenders are more curved than the early '20's models would have been. The wood wheels were pretty much a thing of the past by 1928 in most cars, with just a few companies soldiering on with them...
This car would make a sweet "gangster ride". If I had it, I'd redo it, get a coupla fake tommy guns and Mini, along with his british car driver hat- I'm being nice, I normally would call it a gay french artist hat- and terrorize the public.  :freaky2:
Quote from: minnesota68 on June 30, 2012, 09:58:20 PM

Hudson. The car maker brought back from the past to present concious thanks to a movie. Thanks, "Cars", for Doc Hudson.

mini

Bah to your "gay french artist jab".  I like my British driving hat just fine, thank you.

Back to the pictures:

mini

mini

mini

mini

mini

mini

mini

mini

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on July 11, 2012, 07:06:27 PM
Bah to your "gay french artist jab".  I like my British driving hat just fine, thank you.

Back to the pictures:

1940 plymouth coupe. Kinda classy. I like it, except for the wheels and the pinstripe.

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on July 11, 2012, 07:08:31 PM
For Sarba Ann and Pink Cletus:

My size tractors. :clap: Unfortunantly, no green ones..:cry:
Quote from: minnesota68 on July 11, 2012, 07:13:48 PM
The Show Cars:

These 'stangs have never been hugely popular, but they are starting to come into their own. You'll probably never see the day when they are as popular as the original, though.

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on July 11, 2012, 07:35:33 PM

Quote from: minnesota68 on July 11, 2012, 07:15:04 PM

Two beautiful examples of one of my favorite cars- a '55 Chevy four door and a two door. I've always lovedc "tri-fives", the '55- '57 Chevys. They are one of the high marks of car styling....