News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

So Mini Met Roscoe Rd 2 (Contest Entry Thread)

Started by mini, June 18, 2012, 12:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 18, 2012, 06:11:15 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on June 18, 2012, 06:09:11 PM
That should also be outlawed.

What?  Seeing Roscoe try to fit into a rumble seat?  I agree...so did the 50 or so bystanders.  :ugly:
:pound:

And here I was taking up for you,ya galoot.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Roscoe reminds me a lot of my uncle Fred, for looks at least.  I'd have to check with Chel on if he sounds like him.

And btw that's not a diss, that's actually a compliment.  No better man I know than my uncle Fred.  A few just as good, but none better.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

mini

The.  Best.  Burger.  I.  Have.  Ever.  Eaten.

mini

mini

mini

mini

After lunch...putting the top up for the next drive.

mini

mini

mini

mini

mini

At this point in the day, we had to go pick up a trailer for Uncle Ron.  So Roscoe hopped in the Shay with Uncle Ron, and I followed in Rusty.  I snapped this picture to send to my wife to say "I am driving RUSTY!"

mini

We drove Rusty to the church, left the Shay, I drove rusty to Roscoes house (with Roscoe sitting in the back of the truck! :ugly:), picked up Uncle Ron's truck (NICE!!!), drove to Russellville, back and loaded up the Shay...

mini

Heres another shot of what it looks like inside Rusty:

mini

After a couple of hours, we got the trailer back and the Shay loaded up:

mini

Lynx

This is probably a painfully obvious and dumb question to any car aficionado, but why didn't he just drive the shay?  Why put it on a trailer? 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 19, 2012, 05:31:13 AM
This is probably a painfully obvious and dumb question to any car aficionado, but why didn't he just drive the shay?  Why put it on a trailer?
Because he lives about 3 and a half hours away and had his truck that he had driven to the show with him. Not enough drivers.  Jeremy and I offered to drive it, but he decided by the time he paid for gas for the Shay, his truck and Rusty, he'd be better off just renting a trailer...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on June 19, 2012, 11:42:08 AM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 19, 2012, 05:31:13 AM
Because he lives about 3 and a half hours away and had his truck that he had driven to the show with him. Not enough drivers.  Jeremy and I offered to drive it, but he decided by the time he paid for gas for the Shay, his truck and Rusty, he'd be better off just renting a trailer...

I think he just didnt trust us to drive the car straight back.  Especially after we promised to get back "sometime."

mini

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 18, 2012, 08:10:04 PM
At this point in the day, we had to go pick up a trailer for Uncle Ron.  So Roscoe hopped in the Shay with Uncle Ron, and I followed in Rusty.  I snapped this picture to send to my wife to say "I am driving RUSTY!"

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 18, 2012, 08:14:11 PM
Heres another shot of what it looks like inside Rusty:

Btw, just so everyone knows, dont tell Roscoe I took photos inside Rusty.  :ugly:

mini

Fixing to head back up the mountian.  Uncle Ron is headed back home... :sadbounce:

Lynx

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 19, 2012, 01:14:12 PM
I think he just didnt trust us to drive the car straight back.  Especially after we promised to get back "sometime."
Though I'm not a car nut, I think I can understand that.  If you borrowed my best computer and promised to give it back sometime I'd be a bit concerned as well.  Especially as it has all my music projects on it, and is the only one with the power to run them well. 
"Do you sing at church?"