News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Lay off my soup! This bowl is all mine, mel made me soup in Sharing 459!!

Started by kmymbir, March 15, 2012, 05:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

I'm upset.

Three things have happened since I woke up from my nap that have me feeling like I am worthless and not amounted to anything. Two of them happened cause I wanted to do something nice for two other people and because I didn't have the money to get what I wanted to get for them when I saw it, someone else beat me to it. So I feel like I can't do anything right. Not even try to buy gifts for anyone. It's all cause I don't have money and Im not able to do anything for any one. Makes me feel like I'm not worth anything at all.

And when I NEED someone to talk to about things, I can't get anyone to talk to me. Oh, people say they will be there and they love me, but I feel like when I truly NEED someone, they don't care and never help me through MY mess. Even when I am the FIRST to drop EVERYTHING when they need me to listen or whatever.

***I'm never getting married. I don't like what it does to people. They forget what it's like to be single and alone. I have seen it over and over and with people who PROMISED to still be there for you, but they are NOT. They mean well, but they are NOT the same and I don't EVER EVER want to make anyone feel the way I feel right now. I don't want to not be available to someone who truly needs me. Even though I don't know why I try so hard to be there for folks when I never seem to get what I need when I truly need it.

I'm just really feeling worthless and alone right now. I'm sorry for the drama.

***NONE of this is directed at any of my married friends on this board. I am not upset at y'all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Thanks.

I am better now. Had a good cry and God apparently heard my frustrations cause one of my Non-GP married friends called me and I am better now. She didn't have a clue what I was going thru, just wanted to check up on me cause we hadn't talked in awhile, and so I told her my deal and that I was upset, and she helped me.

Thanks God. ;)

I think He did that so I would know that I had it wrong about some people. They mean well...and some DO change and make me feel bad sometimes, but some will always be there for me. Even if I can't see it in the moment.

Chseeads

I used to get upset with situations like that...stuff really bothered me....but then I kinda eventually just quit givin' a hoot and generally don't talk to anybody anymore about anything anyways.  :smirk2:

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Seriously. I'm good now. I just get SO UPSET and emotional about stuff sometimes. I hate that about myself.

MelodyB

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on March 26, 2012, 03:30:44 AM
Seriously. I'm good now. I just get SO UPSET and emotional about stuff sometimes. I hate that about myself.

We hate that about you too.  :P

MelodyB

Well take a number. Theres lots of things to choose from. 

And I wanna say also that Kimber is awesome, and I already heard about her testimony now and I can't wait for her to post it when she gets time. :)

Now I have a headache from crying so hard earlier, and I'm headed to the kitchen to prep the chicken I plan to put in the crock pot tomorrow.

MelodyB

I just made a decision. I won't be on GP or FB this week. God has been dealing with me all day about it. Starting this morning at church. I need a break. So if you need me, text me, but I won't be on here till next Sunday afternoon. I'll have to catch up then.

Love y'all.

:hi:

MelodyB

SippinTea

*Hugs* Mel!

Ya know... *pondering* I used to think like you do. And then I got married. And then I realized that it looks pretty much the same from this angle too. 'Cause I've had single friends who haven't "been there for me" because they're too busy, or not willing to work around the one-car-family thing, or... whatever. It's kinda weird. Everybody sees things from their own angle though. When I was single it seemed like all the married gals could ever only talk about recipes, babies, or how stupid their husband was being (sad, but true story). Now that I'm married, it seems like almost all my single friends only ever want to talk about how lonely they are, or how their parents are being stupid, or how they're pining after some phantom guy. *shrug* I guess when it comes right down to it, the friends that are REAL friends will ALWAYS be there for you (even when they can't be literally beside you because of miles or schedules or whatever). I've had some incredible friends really step up to the challenges of friendships, and keep being consistent (even when life itself wasn't/isn't consistent) and I know that I can count on them to "be there for me" whether it's been an hour, a week, or even a year since we've chatted. *still pondering* Seriously, Mel, you'll probably never even know how much those cards mean that you keep sending me. And the random texts. And funny voice mail messages. Even when I can't respond to them immediately (okay, or even have trouble responding for several days) it makes me smile, and puts a huge bright spot in my day. And I guess God knew the perfect timing to have some of those cards arrive. 'Cause several times they've arrived on days that felt like days from hell. And I left the card sitting in the middle of my table, so's every time I walked past I would see it and it would make me smile all over again. *tight hug* You mean an awful lot to me, Mel. Thanks for being my friend through ALL the ups and downs of life. More people need friends like you. :)

Heather! Sounds like an awesome time at church.  :great: I love those times when God speaks so directly to your heart that you have that huge, deep assurance that He's got you in His hand, and everything is going to be alright. EVEN when the circumstances haven't (at least not to your eyes) changed. I'm happy you had that tonight. :)

Quote from: Chseeads on March 26, 2012, 04:00:59 AM
Quote from: MelodyB on March 26, 2012, 03:30:44 AM

We hate that about you too.  :P

I couldn't help it. I laughed. Even though it was positively horrid of you to say. But I'm with Mel - I hate those things about myself, too. And I'm sure that's what other people hate about me too. ;)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

SippinTea

Wow. I posted a book. :o

Thanks, Mel for getting me all pondering and ramble-y. :pound: :pound: :pound:

;)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MelodyB

Thanks Ruby. And I understand what you mean. I I didn't mean to be so dramatic. And the main reason I put the disclaimer on mypost was cause of YOU. Our relationship never changed when you got married. It had progressively changed long before that, and for the good. Became even better. Even if we cant talk all the time, I know you ARE there for me. Thanks for that. You don't know how much your friendship means to ME. I love you!

Goodnight all. See y'all next week. :D

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: I'm at work but would much rather be at home on this beautiful day.

mini

Same here.

I broke my otterbox belt clip...on hold trying to see if its under warranty...usually they are good about replacing whatever you break.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

I wonder if heaven has weather?  I enjoy so much of it.

So, our lawn mower keeps dying every round... lol  I figured out what it was and fixed it.  The plastic thingy that is supposed to swing open as the grass is flying out, doesn't.  The coil is far too tight.  Well, I can't fix that so I just took the whole flapper thing off.  New problem:  I have grass everywhere.  I should have put a bandana on my hair first. 

On the upside, I came across some wild onion.  I don't remember it being there last year.  How sweet is that of Jesus to just put some right there?  I snipped some off and had it with a baked potato.  I have been regrowing my green onions everytime they get down to the whites.  Just put them in a jar with some water in a sunny place and they grow about 5 inches a week.  I don't know if it's because I'm trying to be stewardly and thrifty or just cause God knows I really like green onions, either way, I feel like some girls feel when they get flowers. 

Lynx

Care to share?  I like onions of all kinds.  :D

EDIT:  Although some people don't like me after I've eaten onions...

I just picked up two laptops from a nice guy at a good price. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

okieoliveoyl

Quote from: minnesota68 on March 26, 2012, 02:59:20 PM
Same here.

I broke my otterbox belt clip...on hold trying to see if its under warranty...usually they are good about replacing whatever you break.

i'm upset with otterbox at the moment.. all those crazy otters up there and they still cant figure out how to answer a phone much less return a call like they say they will. . . ended up emailing the crazy things.. lets see if they figure out how to use a computer to email back . :) (just for the record they emailed me back, but it was more of a form letter b/c they didn't even understand what i told them, much less respond to my email...)
*steps off soapbox*
Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

mini

Quote from: okieoliveoyl on March 26, 2012, 06:40:26 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on March 26, 2012, 02:59:20 PM
Same here.

i'm upset with otterbox at the moment.. all those crazy otters up there and they still cant figure out how to answer a phone much less return a call like they say they will. . . ended up emailing the crazy things.. lets see if they figure out how to use a computer to email back . :) (just for the record they emailed me back, but it was more of a form letter b/c they didn't even understand what i told them, much less respond to my email...)
*steps off soapbox*

I got through to them.  Very good customer service.  She is sending me 2 belt clips!  FOR FREE!

MsJennJenn

@Ruby - we cook bacon in the microwave. Lol not on the stove, or in the oven.
@Melb - yum! Love toast! And that it makes you think of me! :hug:

We're going thru a 3-part series in our Young Adult class on relationships.
Very good stuff. If anyone wants my notes I'll forward them!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

kmymbir

"Start spreading the news, I'm leaving today, and making a brand new start of it, in my new house!"
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Chseeads

Don't let your new door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Went to work, came home. Eating a black bean platter.

Work again tomorrow.  Bleh.